Terrible FPS after Winter Patch

So before the patch. I played the game at a steady 70 FPS at 4k on Epic settings with 100 percent resolution scaling.

After the patch, even in the menus my FPS is 24 to 30 FPS. In game it is the same.

I have tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling
I have tried uninstalling my video drivers with DDU and reinstalling from safe mode
I have tried reverting all my overclocking on my CPU to default
I have tried reverting all my overclocking on my GPU to default
I have tried disabling ALL my background programs before running the game (steam… etc etc)
I have tried uninstalling Geforce Experience
I have tried lowering my graphics setting to Low and the lowest available resolution for the game, still getting 24-30 FPS… NO CHANGE.
I have tried doing system restore to 12/8/18 before the latest windows patch.
I have tried everything I could think of on this end and the results are always the same.

I have a decent rig
i7 6850k
Asus Rampage V Extreme
16gig of DDR4 2400 Ram in Quad Channel Config
EVGA Geforce 1080 FTW2
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

Only thing I havent tried is removing all my USB devices and trying to run the game, I dont think it will make a difference though.

4 Likes

Same for me here. I thought the fps drop was because my comp is overheating but when I check, the temperature looks normal.

I’m having the same problem here. It’s weird because watching it from launch into lobby it’s just diminishing over time. So in main menu I have 60 and I launched into a practice range and I start at 50 and over time it ticks down to about 24 fps and just locks there. I played the morning before the update and had no issues and now after installing it and playing I am having to deal with this. Hopefully it doesn’t last the whole winter event.

Edit: Should note that the first game I joined into my fps was locked instantly at 27 and the game after that before I restarted and am dealing with the diminishing issue now but it leads to the same problem.

2ndEdit: Repair files didnt fix it overall, in main menu I was at 100 fps but in game it started at 60 and diminished again.

Problem from Blizzards patch don’t worry its not your system i have the same bad 9 fps now ingame before 120

4 Likes

Posted this in another thread but in case you don’t see it:

It’s a sound issue. Look at the top of the patch notes:

• [PC] An option to use Windows Spatial Audio is now available. This feature can be found in the Windows Start Menu under Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Speaker Device > Spatial Sound

Follow those instructions and make sure you enable “spatial sound”. I went from 50-70 FPS to 150+ FPS immediately.

3 Likes

I’m on windows 7 so this problem is still on there end and needs to be fixed. I’m looking around for it and googled it to see it’s a windows 10 so I’m still screwed.

Yep, same thing here. Hopefully they patch it today.

True but still no answer from Blizzard to this Problem…

I will try this when I get a chance. But it was driving me crazy last night, I thought I had some unknown process running taking my CPU/GPU- even worried about heat/clock speeds because I went from holding 144fps (cap) to just about 100 but it would bounce around a ton…very odd.

Yeah Randum but the fix won’t work for Windows 7 Users like me :confused:

Ugh, really? I was at a LAN party this past weekend and we had a little slew of issues with Windows 7 as well…hope they address this…

Yeah its since the Update for me, i normally run @120 FPS now 9 … and Windows 7 got no Spatial Sound so im completly …

Didn’t work for me. I turned spatial sound off on window, and enable dolby atmost for headphone in game. Fps still the same, and every restart feels like the fps got even worst.

You actually saved me dude thank you so much the fix works on windows 10

I can’t fix it because I have windows 8.1. I guess I will have to wait till Blizzard takes a look and actually does something about it.

it Improved but it still lower than what i used to recieve i used to get 150 Fps locked

• Without Spatial sound i get only 90 Fps - With Spatial sound i get around 100-130fps which is still so bad ! they need to drop a hotfix rn

if you’re running the game with spatial sound your good most of us don’t have the option to even run spatial sound as we dont have windows 10 installed.

Howdy!

The only main performance issue we are investigating right now is Windows 10 when, “spatial sound” feature is disabled. Enabling has shown a lot of promise for many users. This can change and update as we collect data and troubleshoot.

As for Windows 7 and 8.1 users, (Though Windows 10 users can follow these steps as well if disabling the sound effect above did not help with your issue). We would want to collect more information to help troubleshoot, and see what is going on here try the following steps:

1. Make sure your Operating System is fully upto date as well as your video drivers, we offer help with how to do this Here.

2. Double check your Power Settings for the Operating System and GPU are both set to high performance.

3. Try playing with the system in Selective Startup. Make sure you restart the PC to get into this mode.

4. Reset the game’s settings, then review our guide on Maximizing system performance for Overwatch.

If the issue continues, please reply back with the following information:

• Copy and paste the contents of your Dxdiag into a reply. Make sure to highlight the dxdiag contents and select the code block icon </>. This will make it easier for us to review.

• Open Overwatch goto: Options → Video → Turn on: DISPLAY PERFORMANCE STATS. Click: ADVANCED PERFORMANCE STATS+ turn them all on.

Once in game when this issue occurs press Shift+Ctrl+N to show your Network Graph. Then take a Screenshot. You can upload this to a site like Imgur.com → Only link the part in bold text, example: https://i.imgur.com/vX7Ksxj.png

Thank you!

2 Likes

Leshiy Your post was deleted.

This is the Technical Support forums, where we troubleshoot and gather feedback which can greatly help our QA and Developers find an resolve issues much faster. Please try the steps above. If you are just looking to report and issue and leave it try the Bug Report forums Here. or provide feedback on the game’s testing goto our General forums. Not everyone is having issues after the new patch but for people who are we want to help find a solution but need to troubleshoot to do that.

Thank you.

AizynK Your Drivers are not upto date. Try downloading the latest driver Here. Then review the steps above about adjusting power settings.