Losing fps after patch? heres why!

Since the release of the patch many users have been experiencing fps drops. Many have great pcs that meet requirements of the game or above yet their game suddenly is not playable due to now running on an fps lower than what they play on. For myself my home screen would get over 200 fps , and game play 100-150. Now I experience 30/60fps on the home screen and 14fps in game. This is very sad. Now obviously the first thing everyone will do is make sure nothing in the background is running, update drivers, delete caches, low settings, etc. Regardless none of these methods will work. I personally spoke with 3 different blizzard techs who all told me the same thing, yet nothing fixed it. Only the last tech understood there was a sound issue affecting the game and did is best to assist me cause I use win 7 and not 10. Unfortunately, nothing can be done for those who are not on win 10. Only win 10 users can turn off spatial sound to get their fps back. A patch is required for players to resume their usual play. All we can do is everyone must send in support requests to blizzard is aware of the issue.
They will make you send you your dxdiag, msinfo, clear caches for blizzard app and overwatch itself, make you do selective start, make you check for malware, update your drivers, update your OS, and they will not work. Its still worth a shot for good fatith but they will not fix the problem. If your game was running well before the patch then the fault is on blizzard themselves not you.

In my case I wasn’t affected until my 2nd boot of Overwatch while on the patch, thats when the fps drop affected me. Please spread the awareness so blizzard is aware of this so we can all resume our daily OW gameplay.

2 Likes

This is otherwise correct, but turning OFF Spatial Sounds does not help/fix ANYTHING.
Turning it ON fixes the fps problems. More about this here; Fix for FPS issue after patch-related to "spatial sound"

5 Likes

Win 7 ultimate user here, was confused as to why last night I could play well (after the patch, EU) but this morning it went to hell. I’m relieved to see I’m not the only one who started having issues from the second time OW was booted, and here’s hoping for a fix soon.

1 Like

Exact same issue here, it worked fine for the first boot then when I came back to it tonight my FPS dropped to 9 in-game. Unplayable, I really hope they fix this quickly.

Just you wait, I booted and jumped into a comp haha. Played a whole game on 10-11FPS. It was glorious and we won but the issue was disgusting to have to deal with haha.

1 Like

I don’t have that option at all since my sound card is external, now what?

You wait for Blizzard to fix their game? :’)
Its a bug/bad code. Its not gonna stay like this, just a matter of how long it takes for them to find/fix it

I’ve been all over the forums already but I’ll just say that I too am having problems that started suddenly mid-game after being fine for hours yesterday. Upon launch I have 60~FPS that steadily drops to 15~FPS after two minutes or so of running. I too have a Windows 7 PC so there’s nothing that can be done I guess.

Hoping that if we keep posting that we won’t just get swept under the rug since I’m incredibly bummed that I’ll need to stop playing one of my favorite games that I’ve put hundreds of hours into over the year I’ve owned the game because of something I can’t control.

1 Like

I asked the Blizzard Customer Service account on twitter if they had an ETA for an eventual hotfix, alas it seems there’s none yet. A real bummer but hopefully it’s at least fixed by next week…

1 Like

V-sync fixed my fps I dunno how but uh

are trying to reduce performance with the patches when this game went to the market ran in pcs with much less requirements than current

Hey all,

The Spatial Sound issue is being investigated. Keep an eye on this thread for updates.

If you’re having different issues, create your own thread please.