Sym is not rightly reworked ( 🙄 Sym is not a Taxi; 60 Days later.....stop Necroing this)

Well, I’d certainly prefer it was either the Portal gun or Gideon’s teleport from Paragon, but… I think it would feel more synergistic if they made the duration infinite (until destroyed) and increased the speed of her orbs to 30 m/s. And fixed the UI issues with the teleporter (move interact to Jump, increase interaction radius).

A big issue with the Teleporter right now is that it’s mostly just used for turret bombs and getting yourself to high ground. If it lasted until destroyed then you could pre-build an escape route for yourself or other backline heroes (eg, Ana). Plus, your allies wouldn’t have to waste half the duration just walking to the teleporter, because by the time it finishes casting they’re usually 3 seconds away. (The orb speed increase is to facilitate this backline strategy.)

That’s just numbers stuff, but they are big adjustments. Big enough, I would guess, to significantly alter how players use the Teleporter.

2 Likes

Thats not what I’m saying, you got that ALL wrong. :expressionless:

People need to stop comparing Symmetra’s beam to Zarya’s. Its such a caveman idea tgat ignores the rest of both of their kits

But her beam is a worse Zarta beam though??
The devs literally said
“We wanted her beam to be more like ZARYA’S

5 Likes

yeah literally. zarya is a better dps than sym is and zarya is a friccing tank.

4 Likes

In before the “don’t forget Sym has turrets”

2 Likes

But Zarya doesnt have turrets and a teleporter.

Symmetra can combo her kit to do up to 300 dps.

Zarya cant.

Symmetra needs some minor fixes & buffs. Im just saying whining about Zarya’s beam is a tired argument that isnt gonna get you anywhere.

Theyre balanced different cuz theyre supposed to be different. When they referenced it being like Zarya’s beam, they were talking how it functioned. Not how it’s damage performed.

im ignoring the turrets for now as they are in a good state. im talking survivability wise.

3 Likes

If she was broken why did he rework her then lol

Give us old sym back… pls

No one is getting hit by all three turrets and 180dps at the same time. It’s a fallacy. It rarely happens just like Mercy rarely Rez’d 5 people.

3 Likes

I was predicting the replies to your post

People do get hit by all 3 turrets and her beam though which is still 200 dps before any charge. Plus the extra burst you can get off orbs.

And it ramps up from there.

The biggest problem i see is Symmetra players still trying to play Symmetra really campy like they used to. That just kills her potentisl now.

If you have a charged beam why would you hinder urself and use an orb? You’re just causing your beam to decay.

In reality your turrets are being shot down while this is happening.

If they want Sym to be better they really need to fix her bandaid tick rate.

1 Like

I literally said for the extra burst.

Drop 3 turrets, put a teleporter on them start charging an orb, go through the teleporter and hit someone with the orb.

Thats an instant delete on anyone who’s not a tank or Bastion.

Im not sure why youd hinder youself and not use your orbs tbh.

Old Sym was more Melee (Dps) but was categorize as a support.

New Sym is more Taxi(Support) but categorize as a Dps.

I don’t need to say anything else at this point till Devs reveal something.

3 Likes

TP bombing. :roll_eyes: enjoy that 30 seconds cool down. I’m out.

3 Likes

I could also play Junkrat and hit someone with a grenade followed by mine and delete them on a much lower Cd.

Or a few Soldier headshots followed by Helix Rocket, again, on a much lower Cd.

Why exactly is a predictable (that Teleporter set up animation aint exactly instant) kill move on a 30 sec Cd considered some kind of magical solution here?

4 Likes

Sym 2.0 was my favorite character. Her ult was extremely oppressive. Shield gen was the most powerful ult this game has ever seen. Basically if you were clever and you could keep it up it was an ult that can just keep winning you team fights for the whole match. She was a monster at low ranks and if you knew what you were doing she was still a monster at the highest ranks. The rest of her kit didn’t need to be reworked but something had to be done to shield gen

8 Likes

I could care less about the Shield gen… I miss my Barrier. I was a monster with that thing. Now I struggle just to appear in a fight.

2 Likes

Yeah I miss photon barrier the most it was my favorite ability in this game. I got to the point where I could consistently block earthshatter

3 Likes