Sym is not rightly reworked ( 🙄 Sym is not a Taxi; 60 Days later.....stop Necroing this)

They needed excuse to remove armor packs: if combined with Brigitte, it was making all heroes way too resilient. Trying to fight Genji with around 300hp wasn’t very good.

1 Like

no… it really was Feast or Famine with Torb. (forget brig)

We already explained this to you.

They reworked him for offense, while he used to be purely defensive hero. Even removed lv 3 turret.

1 Like

K, you don’t know what your clearly talking about. So please…There is a reason defense hero role does not exist anymore. (mostly because it never really existed.)

You need to do more research.

Only reason is Blizzard pushing for fast-paced action.

1 Like

Sigh… you know… Your name really suits you. To ignore me on all this. You must be really full of yourself . Like Cleopatra.

And you must really believe everything developers say. Things that never were issues, suddenly become an issue, when it’s convenient.

2 Likes

And it obvious you will never improve with this line of thinking.

Go please… help your self.

Your only hurting this topic.

It’s you, who needs help here, though.

1 Like

Yes, but not from someone who is ignorant.

I need a dev or a pro

(please go)

Go on, wait for one. It would be entertaining.

1 Like

Technically they already came by.

Since “Jeff” disappear from the title.

Sigh.

They could easily allow Torbjorn to gain his armor packs from dealing damage, instead of collecting scrap. So there was different reason to remove them completely. Just like it happened with shield generator, which wasn’t returned as ability.

repeat: Your name really suits you. To ignore me on all this. You must be really full of yourself

feast and famine etc.

go

Already explained workaround for that. Which wasn’t used.

They could remove scrap mechanic for reason you mentioned, but why remove armor packs?

That was not a explanation, that was a fantasy. Not how armor packs really were, I know.

We have explain this to you two days ago, and you obviously didn’t listen.

And I already told you whY again just moments ago!!!

jeez (so full of yourself, I might has well be talking to a wall)

You just keep repeating developers, without actual reason to get rid of armor packs, instead of leaving them be and replacing scrap mechanic with something different. And your explanation was only related to scrap mechanic not being good, which is understandable.

Would be interesting to know reason behind removing shield generator too.

1 Like

Sym has the worst balance I have ever seen because they didn’t balance her at any level of play.

Her tp was balanced with the very top level of play in mind. It needs incredibly high amounts of teamwork and coordination to maximize the value of her tp

The next terrible idea was to make her gun intended for shieldbreak. Shieldbreak is a terrible strategy that mainly works at the lower tiers of the game and even then there are tons better ways to beat the enemy.

This results in her kit being completely incoherent and no one wants her anymore. Not the top level of play or the average level of play.

Because no matter what level of play you will not be able to get the maximum value from syms abilities. The highest level of play can use to effectively but they would not use the charge on shields unless they were throwing. And the low levels of play get tons of value from turrets and maybe shield break but tp goes heavily underutilized.

It was a terrible rework

5 Likes

37 minutes to read all this…