Stop citing Battle Mercy when you say that Valkyire is a fun and impactful ult, please

0 deaths by sniper are better than 1.
Facing 4-5 enemies is better than facing 6.

What’s exactly your point. Your wonderful community and the really smart devs and pros told me this was the use of the support ult Mercy has. They show time and time again those “Woah, super sick videos!” of battle Mercy leaving the team to kill stuff and tell us “Look, your complains about Mercy are irrelevant! Fun is subjective, and her ult is incredibly powerful and effective!”

And that’s what I do. I just go and kill stuff and hope for them to die so they regret saying that because I’m extremely salty at people telling me that healing while in Valkyrie is the wrong thing to do and that that’s why I percieve the ult as weak and unfun.

The sad part is when I actually win the game killing stuff and I’m left wondering… What the hell were the DPS even doing…
It’s much more fun when we don’t win, though. People screaming, report threats (Which never go through because I still play normally all the time and playing badly is not bannable, even less so playing the way the devs encourage), people leave, some even turn on voice chat to call me stuff…

So, yeah. Once they give Mercy an actual support ult, I’ll be a proper support. Until then, I’ll just do what people think Mercy is meant to do, but she is clearly not.

In my games, players actually expect me to support them, and that’s what I do. Simply because having one healer is better, than having none.

Good for you, my dear.

I dont know where did you get this but thats not true.
You can argue that she is not effective at it (debatable) but saying “she wasn’t made to do that” is wrong. Plain and simple.

And not all other healers can damage and heal at the same time. Ana has to do one or the other, sure she can switch faster because its just hitting an enemy or an ally but “same time” its quite a vague concept there. Only Zen, Lucio and Brig would 100% fit that “category” outside of abilities windows (Moira damage orb + M1).

1 Like

Ana has biotic nade, that both hurts and heals. Moira can combine damage orb + healing or healing orb + damage.

This leaves Mercy as only healer, that can’t do both at the same time. Can’t even damage boost and heal at the same time.

The odd thing is is that in other folks games - those I watch, those I play - it does make a difference.

Almost every time

I don’t see that even in those rare cases enemy team has Mercy. They still die.

Making that claim that they can heal and damage at the same time once every 10 sec is not really a good statement pal.

They can do it every 10 s, Mercy can’t do it at all.

Its puzzling to me that I see it help almost every time and you see it never help

Its puzzling to me that a teammate would have an equal chance of surviving while being healed at 60HPs/s (or at any non-zero rate) as when said teammate receives no healing. Logically, a player with healing should stand a better chance of survival with healing than without

Big whoop.
Its like saying Mcree is the king of CC, compared to Reaper, because he can stun 0.8 every 10 seconds.
Quite a stretch but have your cookie mate.

Reaper doesn’t have CC, though. And that’s why I said “at all”: Mercy doesn’t have multitasking, with or without abilities.

Killing enemies is also supporting the team, in a different way.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Come back and say this again when you die because your mercy din’t heal you to go shooting the enemy team :joy:

1 Like

Honestly, Cleo, honey… just give up. People honestly think Mercy’s ult is an okay thing to have on an ult spot. Do what they say and watch them rage at you about how awful a Mercy you are because you’re doing what they told you to do.
That’s what I did, and I find it extremely amusing. I haven’t had this much fun since they reworked Mercy, and she pretty much gives you report immunity if you know how to walk the thin line that divides the “throwing” from the “But I’m just practicing what I watched a pro do in a video :(”

1 Like

Knowing when not to do it is part of the skill of Mercy. Mercy already has varying gameplay. Know when to use the pistol and you’ll find her much more fun probably.

1 Like

Thank you <3

I rarely even get complains in chat about “not healing” someone. And if we lost this fight, my gold in healing usually is enough evidence of me keeping everyone as healed as possible.

I am puzzled how one can get gold healing while exclusively pocketing a Pharah

You didnt on the sentence I quoted, you stated it like it was the norm. Here it is, because you seem to have forgotten it :
“Unfortunately, Mercy can’t hurt and heal at the same time, unlike other healers.”

Still not true. If someone CANT heal and damage at the same time, with the exception of a very tight window every 10 sec, then the general statement would say exactly the opposite, with an exception.

You were trying to make the exception as the rule and thats wrong.
You can run around all you want but my rebuttal was spot on accurate. With that being said, you do you. Good day mate.

1 Like

Pharah usually gets most golden medals, too, and as most dangerous player on my team, takes quite a lot of fire.

As for why I fly with Pharah, it was explained already - helps a lot in evading flankers. If teammates are in need of healing, I descend a bit, heal one to full health, and use GA to remain at optimal height.

Sometimes it’s Hanzo instead, if we need damage.