Starting to believe OW comp rigged

Why would they be? It’s their IP. They are free to keep it proprietary or to make it public if they want. Us as the customers can choose to reject this (and not play the game) or accept it and understand we are not entitled to it just because we bought their game.

4 Likes

Would like to hear your thoughts on the second part of that message. How do you interpret “finding a more balanced game”?

Allowable “SR variance” gets tighter (most likely).

The only “immediate” change I think the match maker needs is tigher SR variance (all together). The problem is the game is WAAYYY too dead for that.

3 Likes

Funny - I see you break down the whole response as a diversion. When all you could have said was:

As for incorrectly defining something…

Will be at a skill level… probably less than me. Aka less skilled than me. How am I reading this wrong? Now insert apm…

it’s only cause no1 can plainly say the first thing. So this jumble of less apm but get same value?

Oh and I like the “could” btw - which could mean - nvm none of this is true.

In another thread u talked about apm as being what the high skilled players have. But here apm is over turned by “value”? When I try to visualize this I think of an equation I learned in hs, F=ma, convert that to value = apm * time.

Me and that other player have the same time, but they have less apm, so how could they have the same value? They kill multiple enemies with a heat seeking arrow whistling dixie taking a stroll while I’m hustling trying to shoot dynamite 100 meters away?

1 Like

Maybe value is not just a linear product, especially when compared to others but an interception of other factors, how would that equation look like.

3 Likes

Haha… Yeah… You tell good jokes dude.

Or maybe its because of low elo player inconsistency of performance. A player performs well one game and struggles the next because of the drastic change in variables.
(map, heroes played by teammates, enemy heroes played, enemy proficiency at said heroes and map).

• Feel free to insert whatever crazy conspiracy theory level variables you’d like. It’ll still result in the same answer.

Better players DEFINITELY have higher APM. But in low elo, the importance of high APM is accounted for through the various heroes available.

You think Rienhardt requires the same APM as Hammond?
You think Tracer requires the same APM as Hanzo?

Overturned where?

High APM, low APM… What matters in the end is value.

A Masters player smurfing in your games isn’t even using 1/2 of their maximum APM output simply because the game is moving in slow motion in comparison to the games at Masters difficulty.

So you might actually be putting out a high amount of APM but because of your deficiencies/inefficiencies as a player, you’ll still get rolled by the smurf because for the level of effort they put in, the value returned is still more than yours.

#maths

I imagine utilizing simplistic equations would be a good start for you. Unfortunately you understand so little about the actual problem we’re discussing here. You’re playing with blocks while the rest of the world is designing space ships.

:face_with_monocle: :woman_facepalming:t2:

Very engineer of you…

Well I don’t know what game you’re playing but, that’s not Overwatch.

Maybe you should try playing the game represented by these forums rather than Randy Housers Unrelated Content?

4 Likes

You know it’s mathematically impossible that there is a GM smurf in every other of your Bronze games?

You suppose wrong.

It does not. Games just get harder the higher you rise on the ladder. Crazy, right?

It is happening but not for the reason you think it is.

5 Likes

You don’t need to be a Double Computer Scientist (or whatever) to understand a very basic concept of inputs and outputs.

I’m honestly not in the mood to break it down right now, and being completely honest, I wouldn’t have a “correct” answer (nor would anyone) as I do not have access to Blizz IP.

But very legitimate approximations could be made just to guestimate what kinds of things would be involved.

3 Likes

Ah yes the very constructive argument of practically saying “no” with no counter argument except that because I haven’t read the entire patent (which in hindsight isn’t even relevant to the part that was cited) warrants no argument very nice logic ma friend

1 Like

I can’t counter argue when you haven’t provided any information to counter.

However, it does sound a lot like you haven’t done your research (or are unwilling to), and lack understanding of patents and their value.

Don’t fall into Cultberts cult of believing this dribble.

5 Likes

There is information you could draw on from any of these posts to counter argue on however it does just seem like it’s 10x easier preaching to the choir on these forums - and even if you didn’t read any of this the stance that it doesn’t exist when it’s been stated by devs themselves + you can even sense the pattern in team mate ability and the flow of matches does surprise me

But I am asking you for it, with specifics that back up your claim.

The Devs have made no such statement.

3 Likes

wait really? Where’d u find out about this, this is my first time hearing about this.

It means your skill is holding you back mainly, and there is no point of looking for anything else. Especially talking about the ranks where the mechanical skill can carry more than any micro and macro for your team.

You have to be a booster to experience it.

When you start winning a bunch of games (in low elo) you start getting 50-100 SR gains (even on gold bordered accounts).

2 Likes

This all sounds like your backing out on your views. You were agreeing too much and now this talk of APM and now character specific, which opens a whole new chapter in balance.

Long story short.

I asked this question:

You answered:

Its hard to misconstrue a single word, yet somehow I did…

Since you answered, that means you agreed to “less skilled teammates”. So lets stop this whole argument of APM. Call it what you want. To make the game harder, it will find a perceived harder opponents, and at the same time - “less skilled teammates” (who cares what toon they pick).

How does the system do this?

There. The match maker “arranges” the matches to make it hard for you to seek out a 50/50 win rate because then it has “identified” your rank. The moment you get close to a new rank, it has to go on the extreme of “harder opponents / weaker teammates”. Just as OP has said.

Let it be settled.

Coincidently, I think it does this at every divisible of MMR of -3 to 3 divide by 7 (7 ranks). Thats why you can be at mid gold and find it “hard” cause your about to go to the next notch of MMR. - But then folks say I dont understand stuff… but this will go over so many people heads.

2 Likes

Welcome to the pendulum.

Are those actual numerics? -3 to 3? How much research was involved to get that base? Nobody is saying much about those kinds of numbers in the algorithms, or where that formula even came from if Blizzard is staying tight-lipped about it all. I can pull replays of my past 4 games that show the uneven skill sets in MMR. I do great one match and immediately get stomped in another? If there “aren’t many smurf accounts in bronze”, why am I pitted against people listed as bronze obviously playing on a much higher level than bronze? The “logistics” for that basis are almost moot without a source to base this from…

1 Like

I got the 7 by how many ranks. So if u divide 4500 / 7, then -3 being bronze. Coincidently this was all confirmed by this video…

GDC 2016

No, you’re just taking everything on the extremes.

It’s kinda funny actually.

Well yes, Bob. Your team’s average SR is comprised of people with SR above AND below the designated average (even if it’s a single point +/-).

You never so cease to amaze tbh.

By the numbers? Sure.

• See part of comment in reference to average.

Why? It’s pretty clear that APM plays a part in how someone performs.

• high actions, high value, better PBSR (so says experience)
  • high actions, low value, meh PBSR (so says experience)
  • low actions, low value, meh PBSR (so says experience)
  • low actions, high value, decent PBSR (so says experience).

Well, of the 6 people on one team, someone is likely the best player and someone is likely not the best player.

• So sure.

I’ve never seen anything that suggests the game opposes you a Diamond player when you’re trying to push into platinum (unless you’re grinding at 3 am and there’s NOBODY else) and I very much doubt it would need to rail you that hard to give you a game that 50% of low platinum players would lose.

Nah.

1 Like