Starting to believe OW comp rigged

Repeatedly every time I’m 1 win away from getting silver back I get the stupidest teammates and no its not harsh when you get someone staying ball that gets hacked/killed Repeatedly. 3 hits cans for pharaoh and leave it to me dva after I switched multiple times to try and help them.
Next game is nice everyone knows that to do.

Next game guess what??? Again pure stupidity all over again. Even funnier the enemy team sympathizes :open_mouth:.

Good God i can’t stand most of you low rank solo que players with the mentality i do what I want.

13 Likes

Fastly can think you one trick DVa and thinking you are good at her.

Dva is not my 1 trick. Did I say she was?
Here this will help you read better

“3 hits cans for pharaoh and leave it to me dva after I switched multiple times to try and help them.” (From the original post. See that part where I mentioned after I switched multiple times? I spaced this section out for a reason)

If want to know I play Orisa, sigma,dva then roadhog I’m meh on him .

2 Likes

It’s not rigged, just the competitive scene isn’t the most efficient. You have to play a lot of games.

Sometimes you get unlucky, especially if you are casual, and get like a straight 3 bad games. And whelp, that’s it for the night! You gotta go to sleep or you rather play something else.

Lately I’ve been getting tons of draws. It’s the oddest thing, and somewhat amusing. I had to stop caring and just play the game for fun, rofl

5 Likes

It is.

There’s a specific line of code in the matchmaker that says “Don’t make Sukre2000 reach silver. Yours truly, Jeff.”

10 Likes

See I got 1 believer !!! Spread this news

6 Likes

It appears that you’ve discovered the unfortunate truth about the overwatch ranking system

:pouting_cat:

3 Likes

Your case is not the case, you are just skill capped. Matchmaker handicapping turns on only if you have 65%+ winrates and onfire per 10 above 2 mins.

1 Like

3 Likes

It is rigged it’s literally designed to give specific players handicaps not make matches fair and even says so in its legal documents when they filed the patent for the system in the first place

3 Likes

You’re gonna have to cite the page and paragraph for that overly ambitious claim.

3 Likes

This is also a fundamental misunderstanding of how patents are used. If it even exists as one

2 Likes

Lars' Lentils – Episode 2: Algorithmic Handicapping is Wrong for Online Games (HD and 4K) - YouTube 5:18 onwards

1 Like

You’re citing a YouTube video created by someone who doesn’t understand the technical writing. Much less the technical implementation.

• Nor was he ever a successful enough Overwatch player to understand how the game itself works.

You should read the actual patents. They’re posted somewhere here on the forums.

5 Likes

Haven’t heard of skill capped

You don’t need to know how to code a whole matchmaking system to understand that your own and many others gameplay experience functions unanimously the same way in this game. Patent or no patent (which even states that they want the mechanic to make the consumer as addicted as possible through this method) they have expressed multiple times on the forums and other places that the matchmaker tries to force 50% how else do you expect it’s done? Evidence strongly suggests that handicaps are largely at play in your comp games than anything else

1 Like

Also if I can locate the full patent I’ll read all of it but I’m not sure where to find it without digging for hours

1 Like

We all laughed the first time guys, but pretending the devs have rigged the matchmaker against you isn’t funny anymore so let’s find a new joke thx.

5 Likes

I didn’t believe it for so long. I’m a believer :rofl:

1 Like

So you’ve said the existence of a patent you’ve not read, nor seen is proof…

Your case is flimsy at best.

1 Like