Sombra Translocater Exploit

Today, a friend and I (while duo-queueing in comp), came across a rather particular glitch/exploit that was used by an opposing player to get a Bastion onto a ledge that is inaccessible to the aforementioned character.

Using the new Sombra, this player (who will remained unnamed) placed a translocater onto the high ledge of Anubis first point (above the arcs). He then ran back to spawn, and looked as though he was going to change his hero, which he did, whilst teleporting, meaning he/she was able to take the high ground without being contested at all.

While this has only come to my attention in one game, I’m quite sure it could spiral out of control extremely fast should someone properly make a Macro for it.

The requirements to do this is to (A) have a translocator placed, (B) be in the spawn room/able to change characters, and © a quick set of hands.

First, place the locator, second, go into spawn, third, press H and put your mouse over the hero you want to select then press Escape. Here is the most difficult part. You must press the teleport, then hit the hero select, and double click the hero. When you do, you will teleport to wherever you put the translocator and be said hero.

As far as I know, this can be used on any map and by anyone.

Please, this needs to be fixed as soon a possible, or it will lead to some game defining moments.

1 Like

Another Sombra exploit it’s getting ridiculous xD Well I recorded a Video of me testing it in a private game as soon as I upload it to yt I will edit it in here:

I will add this bug to my Sombra bug list: Even more Sombra Bugs in 1.26/1.27/1.28 [With Video's] I will give you credit for Posting it here (basically finding it even tho you apparently aren’t the first according to your post) I hope you have nothing against it.

This could bring scout Sombra to a whole other level xD

You need not to worry of using my post on your own, at the very least, attention needs to be drawn to this. Like I stated before, if a person were able to create a macro for this, then Sombra can simply flank, go back to spawn, use TL and become a flanking Bastion in thirty seconds at most.

I wish the best of luck in you finally getting Blizzard’s attention in fixing this character’s wonky bugs and glitches.

• Stardust
1 Like

First of thanks.

I have some bad news tho. since Hammond launched in 1.26 I encountered 6 exploits (this one not included) and some of them are knowed by high-level players like Fitzy for a long time (and got reported by them a long time ago) and none of them got fixed till now

So be it, they will just have to learn some time along the line, otherwise, people such as Fitzy (should they want to) to simply win fights without a problem. This just makes the game a ‘Kill the Sombra’ or ‘Find the TL’.

Yea they probably will need to learn but will they do it on Sombra?
The problem there is there are is only a small amout of players accualy playing Sombra so most exploits do not get seen by a lot therfore are not a huge problem because they just ban singel players that use this exploits instead of fixing them

I mean there are so many exploits in the game right now:

My, some of these I was aware of due to frequent uploads by multiple different OW youtube channels, though, the amount of changes/bug fixes that need to come through will be immense, and probably it’s own update.

Well I would like to see them doing a whole patch just for bugfixes maybe stop or hardly reduce balance changes or new heroes to get max manpower into bugfixing (I know its probably hard and annoying work but its nessassary to keep the player base healthy)

Well, again, best of luck in your endeavors.

-Stardust

A little up, if no measure has been taken ? Just encountered a guy spamming this glitch in a ranked.