Sombra - The Double Standard

im a sombra main and i think everything about her kit is fine except her bugs. some of which have been plaguing her for a buttlong time.

Didn’t ask for a threshold.

Starts at 0.

Fires and reloads faster.

He can do his job of healing, speed boosting, and booping without saying a word.

Other unique heroes don’t have nearly as many drawbacks tied to their kits.

Well, at least this thread didn’t fail to bring that meme out.

Why are there only a couple that are so brutally team dependent?

7 Likes

Have you tried lower your hack sensitivity? That helped my difficulty with Guardian Angel and Nanoboost, which have similar aiming mechanics.

This post is what I always thought.
But she can’t have high damage! She has insane spread?
But hack is so powerful, it balances her! No use if you can’t do it and it’s on a 2 sec cd? what.
But she has infinite stealth and translocator! And the most clunky animations and loud voice lines.
I’ve noticed a lot of people are saying that she’s fine just because pro’s use her now lmao… If it takes a meta where she is favored so heavily to make her acceptable she isn’t balanced in any world.

Might help but the issue is Reinhardt will usually be blockaded by his team making getting a hack much harder, not impossible but much harder. Hack is also a bit different from GA and Nano in terms of accessibility(Not sure if right word?).

Hack, for a long as it is, has a lower range than both of the above and can be cancelled instantly (Which usually forces Sombra to reset her approach) if she’s stood where she can be seen by the enemy. Seems easy enough but Reinhardt is often stood at the front whereas Sombra has to be behind all of them so Hack isn’t interrupted.

okay https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/something-something-reinhardt-mains-still-waiting-for-answers-no-one-cares/190914

Come back and tell me reins fine.

When a character is only being used for one ability, aka his shield, theres a problem. His shield which is the best one in the game for a shields purpose is the only reason why reinhardt is not F tier.

reinhardt is not okay, he is not op, hes not balanced, he doesnt work as intended. Reinhardt is the most unfun tank besides orisa in the game now when he used to be the most fun. I havent seen this many rein mains quit in dive or in s10 then i have in the last 1-2 weeks. Reins with over 200h-400h+ on the character are quitting him, is that not a problem?

Not sure why this argument is so popular. A hack isn’t really easily translated into a kill. I’d bet if you looked at the stats, the odds of surviving a hack are very high, especially during a team fight. It requires:

A) The hack goes off in the first place without being cancelled by damage, or bugs.

B) The Sombra’s team to move with great timing to take advantauge of the 6 second window.

C) The enemy team to not do anything to protect their hacked member. No Zarya bubble, no healing, body blocking, etc.

D) The friendly team can deal sufficient damage to outright kill the hacked character in the 6 second window.

Honestly getting hit by pretty much any other ability, sleep dart, junkrat trap, flashbang, shield bash, doomfist uppercut, is much more likley to result in a kill than being hacked.

6 Likes

Is this a joke? To get detected you literally have to be body touching the enemy. You have infinate stealth? just literally sit behind or above the Rein so you cant miss. Having a shield compared to not having a shield is one of the biggest swings in a match.

You realise people are saying that Sombra is the strongest DPS in the game right now? Ive just gotta make sure you know that

what people. The only people that actually say this are contenders/pro players. sombra is only strong there, as she is rn we will never see her in ranked as a meta character. Even gm/top 500 dont have good enough communication or coordination.

“Yeah but her hack is annoying!”
t.Non Sombra players

For all those hyping contenders as the holy gospel of balance, Sombra was used in the play off finals Kongdoo Panthera Vs Runaway only once on kings row and unsuccessfully so.

4 Likes

Is this a joke? Rein is not in a vaccum. His entire team is behind him. An entire team that can shut you down by continuing fire.

Oh! I’m so sorry. I must have missed the patch notes where Sombra can hack while invisible.

So, who are these people? I’ve not heard of them. I’ve only heard of people who have heard Sombra is strong with no sources other than her appearance in Contenders.
Just some friendly advice, use examples rather than just “People”, it makes your claims more credible. :+1:

1 Like

Whats really depressing is the fact Sombra will more than likely be hailed as a “success” with her recent changes, and left alone for an entire year just like Bastion…

3 Likes

Your hack time is 0.65s are you playing against robots that can turn on you that quick?

She was used so many times from pros to go a long side wrecking ball.

If you watch this video you will see the potential Sombra has if you can actually communicate to your team.

So does Sombra’s (obviously though Soldier’s starts later)

Irrelevant to spread.

So can Sombra if you don’t look at it at all.

Sombra doesn’t have unique drawbacks that make her unviable.

sombra being used in contenders just shows she is not a USELESS hero like many people say.

she can be extremly useful …

so if you do not want to accept that fact just say how it is: YOU cannot make her work. YOU want her to be easier so you can pick her in solo-q, not communicating and just play her like a lone wolf.

she will need a rework for that… and you saw how blizzard handles reworks. they can break the hero and change the playstyle completely… “losing personality and uniqueness”… so say you want that and ask for a rework then.

but dont lie and say she is useless.

3 Likes

I had yet another occasion today where I EMP’d an ongoing teamfight and we still lost. Hacked tanks just get mass-urinated on by 100+ hp/s, the healers avoid half my bullets unless I’m point-blank. I’m sick of it, I’m sick of being a win-more character, I’m sick of bieng less effective with 50+ hours of practice than with Tracer or Pharah with less than one third of that time.

They force her to flank by interrupting hack with damage, and then make her trash when she’s in the flank. Crap damage, no sustain/defence besides running away. It boggles the mind

3 Likes

I’ve said it before:
Every hero does better in a professionally trained team with drilled voice comms.
It’s a big problem that Sombra is borderline worthless without it.

Also, this “must-pick in contenders” thing is nonsense. She’s a sometimes pick in contenders and not even doing so well.

Sombra will never have a good gun, thats just how things are. But abundance of her bugs are outright disgusting. Can I have a hack which hacks freaking Rein and not a Mercy which walks behind him for a split second?

6 Likes

Reinhardt is fine. I’m sorry, bugs don’t make a hero bad.

You can literally be invisible forever. Getting a Hack is not hard.

Yes, this is part of good communication.

Zarya bubble lasts 2 seconds, not 6. Body blocking doesn’t stop a Piledriver. You also simply can’t outheal that.

This is pretty easy when the enemy literally has zero abilities.

1 Like