Sombra is officially useless now. Thanks. šŸ¤¬

I definitely feel it. Sheā€™s way too slow moving around the map and canā€™t reliably translocate mid fight if you donā€™t already have it deployed. I donā€™t know how the heck Iā€™m supposed to play her anymore. Not to mention the translocator can be heard from forever away, and when you use it mid air, it displays both the destroyed, and use visual effects, making it very bright and noticeable for somebody whoā€™s supposed to be stealthy.

She feels clunky, and her kit feels fragile. Sheā€™s already extraordinarily hard to be good with, these changes just made that problem worse by exasperating the already existing problem of consistency.

Not to mention the detection range. I mean what the heck. As if the other changes werenā€™t bulky enough, this is another problem.

Iā€™d rather revert all these changes and be an EMP bot on an invis and translocate time limit than not be able to maneuver around without getting bumped into and de stealthed all the time.

1 Like

I propose for consistency, 1 damage should force her to reload.

1 Like

It would be extremely smug and unfair to contest while invisible forever

I can live without that.

but double the radius
still decloaking by 1 health
you move slower

Itā€™s justā€¦lmao this isnā€™t worth it IMO. There isnā€™t much that I do now with infinite cloak that I couldnā€™t do with it when itā€™s 6 seconds long. I can get into the backlines just fine on live servers. I can scope out the enemy team. I can even contest and I can make jumps with that 75% speed.

I canā€™t do that anymore. For some people infinite stealth is a plus. For me?..Itā€™s not worth the tradeoff when I sacrifice so much (especially when I get ā€œDETECTEDā€ from people I didnā€™t even know were near me because that radius is ridiculous.

6 Likes

If they make it so the game doesnā€™t end when Sombra leaves and she gets kicked off at 1 damage, will anybody notice?

not entirely useless sheā€™s still a starwars meme

and i even made a fun game for the forums based on her past ā€œbuffsā€

when do anyone say they want a forever invisibility?

2 Likes

And you donā€™t while running normal? It gives her more speed than before since itā€™s infinite.

Go around???

A whole 2 meter? Way too much. She wasnā€™t even meant to contest with her stealth anyway, itā€™s meant to be sneaky AROUND the map

I was trying to learn her in quick-play and arcade, but I donā€™t think Iā€™ll enjoy her after this is patched into the live version. I play console so I canā€™t test her out for myself, but unless they lower that detection radius I think Iā€™ll just completely avoid her and put my time into Widow again.
Itā€™s a nerf disguised as a buff. Sombra didnā€™t need a nerf, and this will just make her even more unused than she already is. Iā€™d gladly go without infinite translocator and invisibility if it meant being able to contest points and keeping the detection radius at 2m. 4m is just ridiculous and makes her unplayable as a stealth character.

Good, translocator should have been destroy-able in the first place

She can infiltrate and scout BETTER now and these are the changes the OW team wants to do so they can make her more like her lore character and how they imagined her. Stop complaining. Itā€™s their choice

They wanted to expand invisibility so much they accidentally made her invisible from the game

Shoulda just edited my other post. Ok, here we go again:

I like the changes, but based on a Fitzy clip, Iā€™d like to see a few buffs/changes:

Enemy detection radius increased from 2 meters to 4 meters

Doubling it might be too much, so Iā€™d rather try 3 meters and see how it plays out. If she ends up being too powerful, then change to 4.

My reasoning here, is that these changes are meant to be a buff, so the trade-off here is a bit over-kill especially since she loses move speed already.

Infinite invis is freaking awesome, but 4 meters makes it a lot less useful.

Iā€™m half-in on this one.

Translocator

Can now be destroyed (has 5 health)

It should have at minimum 30 HP to match Symm turrets. Killing it should always be 100% intentional. Iā€™d even go 50 HP, but these are just details.

While Iā€™m of the mind that these changes need more testing to know for sure, one thing I will always be a fan of, are small changes.

• Making her translocator go from invincible to 5 HP is kind of crazy.
  • Doubling her ā€˜detectedā€™ range is a also kinda crazy.
  • Going from a timed Invis to infinite invis is crazy as well, which is why thereā€™s so much attempting to off-set it, but Sombra changes are always like this and it usually ends up as a side-grade.

Now, criticism about her stealth feeling like being ā€œstuck in quick-sandā€ or whatnot, thatā€™s just something to get used to. Itā€™s definitely a nerf, but the criticisms I see are based around the feeling rather than the potency.

That said, keeping it at 50% is more than reasonable if stealth becomes infinite.

Do I think Blizzard is on the right track with these changes? Given the last two heroes being introduced, I think everyone will start needing super niches to be viable. Sombra is headed in the right direction in my opinion, but I think the numbers need to be slightly tuned towards being buffed.

I say this as someone who despises being hacked.

Well I guess this is the good spot the developers said she would land eventually. The bike room that is.

The criticisms are that 50% move speed can no longer make a bunch of skill jumps on a variety of maps.
Also, considering most people will only use stealth to relocate for short bursts of time, itā€™s actually a pretty huge nerf to her overall mobility. Nobody cares that you can now make it from spawn to the enemy spawn 3 seconds faster. They care about going from just behind the point to just behind the other side of the point as quickly as possible.

With current sombra the chance of being discovered once you have infiltrated is quite high. In order for Sombra to know how to engage she is forced to peek or waste another invis cooldown to do brief peeks to gather information. Being visible behind enemies lines means an increased chance of being discovered.

If you are discovered you are forced to retreat which means that on live the increased chance of being discovered means you are retreating more often and increasing the chance that your timing is out of sync with your team.

However, with infinite invisibility you can bide your time and engage when it counts more consistently and less often be out of sync with your teams engagements.

The tradeoff for the new build is that they had to make her infiltration attempts more difficult on the front end so that she does not have to high of a success rate.

It is not the case. Current Sombra depends entirely on you decloaking in spots that their team is not looking at. New Sombra can collect recon 100% of the time she is in the backline.

Great question:

Sombra HERSELF needs more information to be used properly. Meaning right now she if she peeks to get that information she takes very HUGE risk of being spotted. Especially since this game highlights enemies in big red outlines. So any movement is easy to detect.

The information I am talking about is the position of the enemy team in conjunction with yours (how close are they to actually engaging in a full on team fight?) . Not to mention if you are watching enemy behaviors more often with less worry of discovery you can observe when an enemy likely has an ult ready that you can counter.

There are all sorts of little subtle things you can pick up by being able to freely observe the enemy team instead of corner peeking briefly and hoping no one seeā€™s you.

Ah, yes that makes sense, but the comments Iā€™m seeing are still largely based around the feeling.

Itā€™s obviously a trade-off that will require different positioning strats; whether itā€™s good or bad will depend on how you choose to play. Playing as Sombra does on live will clearly not work as well anymore, but slight adaptations that lead to more methodical play-styles might work in her benefit.

Her skill-cap will need to be re-evaluated with these changes, and I want to see what can happenā€¦after a few tweaks are made, of course.

I understand full-well that itā€™s a nerf thatā€™s not nice, but also that the trade-off gives her more options. Could I be wrong? Yes, but I might now be.

You can stay in the enemy backline for longer, and use the hack at the perfect moment, to hack the key target (Zen / Mercy e.g. before your team engages on one of them).

We can do it already man. If u canā€™t feel it that your play vs bad Sombra or you are just not a good target for her hack