Sombra is officially useless now. Thanks. 🤬

Almost everyone including the well known Sombra players agree that she basically got a HUGE NERF from what we’re see’ing, it’s obvious that the Developers don’t play Sombra, thanks for killing her. Sure, we might get Infinite Stealth and Infinite Translocator time which SEEMS nice, but is it REALLY worth all of this?:

• You move slower when you’re in Stealth, it feels like you’re stuck in quicksand.
    —
  • The only Gap-Jump Sombra can make is the one on Hanamura, she’s now too slow to make any other ones.
    —
  • You can no longer contest any objectives while in Stealth.
    —
  • If moving slower and not being able to contest wasn’t already enough, you now get detected 4 meters away instead of 2 meters, so no more slipping past the choke in Stealth.
    —
  • Translocator can now be destroyed by an enemy or ANY of their turrets putting it on full cooldown, but luckily it can’t be destroyed when it’s in mid-air.
    –
  • Translocator now makes a loud beeping sound from almost 20 meters away for the enemies to hear > find > destroy.
    –
  • Translocator now has 2 different visual effects for the enemies to see if you teleport mid-air and go for a flank, one being the translocator turning to smoke and the other of you translocating with that red flash.
    –
  • Believe it or not if there are 2 Sombra’s, they’re most likely going to play the game of “Who can go invisible and destroy the other Sombra’s Translocator first.” and might I say it’s REALLY distracting and SUPER tempting, Translocator is even more of a deathtrap now since any flanker can quickly get rid of it since it’s so easy to find and I don’t always wanna destroy it myself because I NEED it to be where I put it and it’s wasted time of me having to Look at it > Press the Interact Key > Wait 2 Seconds > Re - Place it.

They want Sombra to be a Scout/Infilitrator w/ these changes but yet we could ALREADY do that before! We know where and when to do things and how to manage our CD’s, only the abilites lasts forever but in exchange we have to worry about x2 as many restrictions/limitations as before that make these abilities twice and risky and twice as clunky.

Before we even knew what the changes were, ALL we wanted, what almost EVERYONE suggested was just make it so Hack & Stealth have a 5 to 10 Damage Threshold, and make it so Sombra can cancel her own 20s Translocator, and Fix her Bugs, and somehow you guys didn’t listen to that which is what she NEEDED to be completely viable in the right direction that WE need her to be in, and you guys manage to screw that up by ignoring THAT main weakness about Sombra and you go and reowork the two other abilties that were COMPLETELY fine and once again overkill the buff with nerfs and half of them we found out on our own, they aren’t even in the patch notes and they’re completely unnecessary, Translocator and a Stealthed Sombra both make 2 Loud Sound Effects when your close to them?! Really?! Sombra didn’t need ANY of this stuff you gave her except the ability to cancel her own Translocator, but what do you do? You make it so anything including turrets can ALSO destroy it, Wow nice going, why don’t you let us handle the balance for Sombra, it’s obvious that you guys don’t play her and you have NO idea what she needs to be viable. Me and a lot of others are expecting a lot of reverts, either on this whole thing so she can actually be viable in the other aspects of her kit that were needed which I’ve clearly explained already, or you better revert A LOT of these pointless nerfs.

314 Likes

I’d rather be an EMP bot and i hated that style.

60 Likes

ht tps://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/fitzyhere-top-500-sombra-main-definite-nerf/142647

Fitzy is dumbfounded by how bad her kit is

24 Likes

I’m pretty sure they can’t. I distinctly remember hearing that no one could destroy the translocator but her.

I literally witnessed someone destroy her translocator on Fitzy’s stream, he tested it and the notes says it only has 5HP.

15 Likes

how much as a sombra main do you want? this is a BUFF and you are complaining.

11 Likes

I will reserve judgement until I try it. But for what I see it dont look promising.

It appears they lowered her skill floor. At least that is my perception so far.

With that being said hammond on ptr looks comically broken.

3 Likes

HOW IS THIS A BUFF?!

What is the point of being in stealth for so long when you cant jump across anything because she moves so slow, you can’t hack, you can’t shoot, no more contesting points, no more slipping past the choke point since you get detected twice as far now, translocator is now louder at further distances and can now be destroyed by the enemies including any of their turrets… and we haven’t even seen the bugs yet…

“buff” lmao

83 Likes

What a bad joke. Her problem has always been she’s terrible damage, and her hack is unreliable and doesn’t do much against most heroes. And so what does Blizzard do? Ignore her damage and her hack (which she is terribly centralized on anyway, bad bad design) and make her LESS STEALTHY and LESS MOBILE. How could it possibly ever be seen as a buff? You people are clowns.

25 Likes

Yeah, this “buff” is just what she needed to be viable…

2 Likes

We still need to wait to judge. This is way to early for claims.

• You move slower when you’re in Stealth, it feels like you’re stuck in quicksand.
    In the bright side, you can stay invisible forever. It doesn’t matter much. Just for reaching certain places, and it’s kinda bad, but you have your translocator for it

• You can be detected by being 4 meters away from an enemy instead of just 2 meters.
    She is an assassin now to me. 4 meters is nothing if you are behind the zen since you aren’t “detected” but “visible” and you have all time to go back.

• Can no longer contest any objectives when in Stealth.
    she has to, it’s just a change in her play style.

• Translocator can now be destroyed by the enemies putting it on a 4 second cooldown BUT if you manually destroy it the cooldown is only 2 seconds?!

If you’re still invisible, nothing can stop you. Every hero in the game should have a drawback to his abilities to make it fair.

I am honestly liking the new Sombra, for a Sombra player who likes her as assassin that’s good.

Again, I might be wrong, you might be wrong, even Fitzy might be wrong. We have to wait and see.
Give it some time to judge. :wink:

10 Likes

It is pretty hilarious that almost every Sombra change has been “here is a buff… But.” Pretty crazy how consistent that has been. I still believe in the potential of this new Sombra regardless. It is just going to be a different character in terms of your approach because you have to play around these weakness for more consistent EMP/assassinations. It will absolutely slow her down, but she is probably going to be an even better initiator/shotcaller.

5 Likes

She went from harasser to DPS’er to infiltrator.

I was kinda hoping her her hack was addressed. Especially the 2s cooldown.

2 Likes

What the actual **** Blizzard? I mean …. seriously? No bug fixes, hack still totally unreliable, no dmg increase, buffs noone needs and noone ask for and nerfs that make her even weaker as she already is? In gods name, pls just copy Skye from Paladins.

13 Likes

they can, now,
I saw it on fitzy stream. he’s testing it.

1 Like

Yes… I have to admit this is a he nerf to Sombra now…

12 Likes

In what universe do people like you live that think this is a buff? This is a massive nerf in every respect.

7 Likes

are non-sombra mains really trying it in this thread? gtfo. this isn’t a buff at all. :roll_eyes:

21 Likes

but we didn’t see anything, you read it, so no we don’t know anything because it is still being playtested

I play Sombra as an assassin, more akin to how Codey plays than how Fitzy does. These changes are massive nerfs in every respect.

6 Likes