⌨ Let's play a game: Buff a character like how Sombra gets "Buffed"

Actual game, based upon the official way to buff Sombra. For every 1 buff you give a character you have to give that character 2 nerfs. They can be anything even “Infinite” cause you know, that’s a thing now, and you can use the new “interact” button

I’ll start.

Tracer
Buff: She now has 4 blinks
Nerf 1: She can no longer blink over holes and instead falls in them as fast as she blinks
Nerf 2: If you use all your blinks and try to blink again it goes on a 10 second cooldown.

Reasoning: Tracer running out of blinks can get her killed easily, but now that she has more blinks she should be able to go around holes easily making warping over them a bit overpowered. With so many blink though we felt it should be fair to penalize you for using too many blinks at once.

Try and keep the format

Buff:
Nerf 1:
Nerf 2:

makes it easier to read and for bonus points add “reasoning” to justify the nerfs

50 Likes

Ana
Buff: Biotic rifle has infinite ammo like Hanzo
Nerf 1: Projectile size decreased 50%
Nerf 2: Rate of fire reduced to 1.1 rounds per second

18 Likes

Junkrat now has 3 mines.
Junkrat is not immune to self-damage from mines
Junkrat can no longer use the mines for mobility

58 Likes

That’s barely a nerf lmao. In fact, she wouldn’t even feel it because of not having to reload.

I’ll allow it for a “Quality of life change”

Reinhardt’s shield now encompasses his entire body in a sphere.
Reinhardt also can no longer move. Ever.

48 Likes

Aren’t the new Sombra changes mostly a buff? Only nerf thing I see about her is that her translocator can be destroyed and she is a little bit slower…

2 Likes

DVa
Buff: DVa can use her boosters indefinitely unless she cancels them
Nerf 1: HP reduced from 600 to 500
Nerf 2: Using boosters damages DVa by 50 health per second

41 Likes

Pharah has infinite fuel. Her damage reduced by 75% (this also affects ult charge), but who cares, she can now fly forever (altho she could do that before if you know what you doing).

Her role in a game? A hero who can fly, dummy.

39 Likes

Pharah can now fly indefinitely.
Pharah’s Jetpack will now randomly self destruct for no reason.

7 Likes

Roadhog’s Take a Breather now fully heals himself.
Roadhog now has 300hp.

58 Likes

Mercy:

Buff: Valkyrie now charges as fast as Tracer’s Pulse Bomb.
Nerf 1: Once you use a Rez, you’re stuck in that spot, forever, until you die. The idea being, you traded your life for theirs.
Nerf 2: Your moth wings are now part of your hitbox, and now they’re also MUCH bigger than before.

26 Likes

2 nerfs guys thats only 1 but since you both did pharah gues we could combine them

1 Like

McCree’s Deadeye now locks on to enemies instantly.
McCree now has to put in the Konami code to fire his gun using Deadeye.

26 Likes

It’s a 12% HPS nerf, which is significant since Ana’s healing has to be aimed and with a projectile size nerf she’ll be having a “fun” time trying to hit teammates without the scope.

It’s one of those “that doesn’t seem so bad” adjustments until you run it out into an actual game environment.

1 Like

Junkrat now fires 3 grenades at once.
Grenades no longer explode. Instead, they shout random junkrate voice lines in attempt to make the enemy kill themselves.

22 Likes

try and stick to the format

Roadhog

Buff: Roadhog now takes no damage when using take a breather
Nerf 1: Enemies get 3x as much ult charge off shooting him
Nerf 2: Take a breather no longer heals while he’s taking damage.

17 Likes

D.Va

Buff: Defense Matrix now has 6 seconds worth of use

Nerf 1: If DM charge reaches 0, it has to recharge to at least 75% full before use again.
Nerf 2: If DM eats a Gravaton Surge, D.va’s mech will collapse in on itself like a black hole, de meching D.va but also destroying the grav.

30 Likes

hahaha thats a good one. I’d give you a like if had any left. Someone want to give this person one for me? keep it up these some of these are really good!

2 Likes

These are all absolutely hilarious. Maybe it’ll get Blizzard’s attention. I’m sharing some of the best ones with friends who will likely get in on it.

2 Likes