Soldier 76 recoil - feeling deezy and strong headache

To be frankly honest, I personally suspect the Experimental card did not get a lot of attention considering it only had the Soldier:76 balance change. However as others have mentioned it didn’t seem as bad when they tried it on Experimental.

1 Like

I’m having very similar issues.
I feel deezy and my eyes hurt, I also feel a strange feeling on my stomach (like when you are about to throw up).
Its like when you try to read something on your phone on a roadtrip while the car is moving way too much.

I’ve been playing videogames since I was a kid, not only on PC but on console too. I main Soldier since season 3, I’ve spend 935+ hours on PUBG, I’ve played a ton of COD, Battlefield and CSGO and I’ve never had this issue before.
The recoil is not a problem, its something I can get used to because of the past experiences, the issue is (as the post says) the weird shaking on the screen when I’m playing him for at least 15 minutes.

1 Like

Why I Hate The New Soldier Buff In Overwatch - YouTube I made a video comparing the recoils. Soldiers is unique.

Gonna get drunk and try this later, sounds fun.

Revert all those latest Soldier: 76 changes and instead, allow him to reload while sprinting. That’s the only exact QoL buff he needs.

You found my topic yesterday here’s link to it and another topic i bookmarked

1 Like

also most other games dont have such bright vivid visual effect, usually in call of duty etc. everything is shades brown, green or white, here though its a flood of colors and a sensory overload as your trying to comprehend all the screen shaking and other particle effect flying around.

The effect is so pronounced and janky it’s really hard to miss, meanwhile for tracer the effect feels more natural and it’s very minimal in comparison and almost goes unnoticed, as it should.

When your whole screen starts to jitter like that and not just the edges, to the point where terrain is seemingly moving around you when it’s actually not, no wonder people are getting motion sick.

2 Likes

Lets hope this helps:

Heavy Pulse Rifle

• Reduced camera shake to make recoil feel smoother

1 Like

Oh gosh thank you alot

Hey everyone, good news. This problem has been addressed with a new patch to the game. It appears to be a quick patch or a hotfix for all platforms.

1 Like

Vomiting?
Wow thats nuts

Yeah its helped me alot. Im glad they took it seriously and addressed it quickly, because I’d have hated to go through months of that not being able to play him or feel sick.

3 Likes

It’s an absolute nightmare. It’s nothing else than a trick to try to get players to keep playing, to randomly learn some new BS, which also seems to be the reason for the majority of minor tweaks. But regardless, it’s the most boneheaded design decision, and they must have listened to the worst whiners as a unique exception or their minds glitched, because it makes no sense and kills soldier entirely
They forgot Soldier already has drawbacks, even while leaving it a mostly attractive choice to those who don’t want these restrictive straightjackets to shooting of other dps (or however one wants to put it). Soldier’s bullets are slower than most, and of course they do less damage than other dps bullets. While the character has a normal egoshooter feel, it’s not universally superior. Now on top of these balancing “drawbacks” (partly impacting aiming with bullet speed) aiming gets totally ruined to a ludicrous degree. It feels insane to play and is of course almost completely pointless, a farce now. Moreover, many monitors which are decently fast but not the fastest and pure “gaming monitors” have additional jitter in addition to the animalistic speed of many scenes of the game. So in addition to creating a freakish, unnatural experience, Soldier becomes at once more similar to other DPS (so not attractive on his own) in imposing some artificial straightjacket in how he shoots, and it becomes the worst of the lot, as the weakest and most uncontrollable.

And while we’re at pointlessly killing characters because some part of theirs works very effectively, how about taking away Torbjörn’s turret? You will find the same of better arguments than whatever moved you to annihilate soldier, and of course it will ruin the character the same. Not that he was ever all-powerful if the enemy team adapted, far from it. But he can made a bumbling fool, similar, but more useless than other dps, so all is the same just some are worse…

With the hotfix, Soldier has become over-tuned. It is trivial to absolutely drill enemies without the need to burst fire anymore.

He still does 19 damage per bullet and even being very accurate (like 60% ish), you can out heal him and … yeah Ashe and Widow still exist so no, he is not over tuned in anyway nor he will become dominant ever.

Not with that fire ratio and damage per bullet.

At least the shaky camera has been fixed and now the bullets just go up smoothly with the recoil.

Burst fire need no aiming skill, is the game to control the weapon.

Recoil need player to control the weapon.

Is a matter of skill needed, a good thing for a game want to be competitive.

WOW Thank you! It’s much better now!! 0 eyes pain, BF and I are very grateful!

I too start feeling motion sick and honestly I just hate the rework in general. 76 feels worse than before and now I have to fight against years of muscle memory of 76 play. I thought he was too weak and you were trying to BUFF him. Just freaking tighten his old spread or increase his damage or something.

Instead you did a rework which now requires a massive relearning but frankly the rework feels like a nerf. I don’t see how it fixes any of his issues.

Why not have the target curser move instead of the screen