Soldier 76 recoil - feeling deezy and strong headache

Soldier’s new recoil is not the problem here, the problem is the aggressive screen shake when you are shooting.
I’ve seen a ton of people feeling deezy, vomiting and suffering strong headache after playing Soldier for a while. (mostly people with myopia and astigmatism).

It feels like you are trying to read something on your phone while sitting on an old washing machine.
Please Blizz, fix Soldier’s recoil, it feels awful

73 Likes

This is the third thread I have seen reported about this, and I do find it concerning. While gameplay balance is important, it should not compromise of health and safety of playing the game.

If anyone else is experiencing any form of motion sickness while playing Soldier:76 since the rifle rework, I recommend posting here.

92 Likes

100% agree, instant Migraine. So I’m also not able to run Mystery hero anymore without having to suicide as solider.

9 Likes

Not gonna lie, I hate the recoil and dropped him form my small pool of heroes.
The vibratey shaky thing doesn’t bother me as much, but it does make it harder to aim altogether.

If you burst it’s good, but why change him at all if that’s the deal?

I hate to be a me-too, but there’s something very …“distracting” about the recoil here.

It simply feels unlike any game. And I think it’s not just the recoil.
It’s that the crosshair rises and doesn’t always properly reset when you stop firing.
That I believe is a major problem the devs overlooked here.

edit just looked at this again.
The S76 “recentering” after firing is VERY VERY Inconsistent.
This inconsistency is enough to make people dizzy and sick because it’s far worse than the “Old” pattern.

16 Likes

Yep, same here! I got dizzy, it was shaking and difficult to focus on. I just posted about this, but deleted it after I saw this thread. Please fix this, devs!

8 Likes

I guess I’m lucky I don’t feel anything but I can see why people would get motion sickness. The screen shake is so violent after the first few shots.

8 Likes

Same here. One of my fav heroes. I cannot play without getting a migraine now.

5 Likes

I didnt get dizzy but my hand did hurt lol

5 Likes

Yeah I can’t play him more than 3 games without getting dizzy lol

2 Likes

Have you… played an fps before OW? Is this your first one?

3 Likes

This is my first post on the forums, I needed to see if anyone was feeling ill playing soldier. The recoil is causing the screen to ‘snap’ after every shot. I have never gotten sick from any game; until now. The recoil can stay the same, but smooth out the first person video animation.

5 Likes

I believe having a recoil option like Ashe does on her aiming would remedy the headaches people are experiencing. I believe this should remedy the “snap” that everyone’s dealing with.

4 Likes

On a separate note…Yes, instant headache, Can’t even play him in the Halloween event without feeling some sort of issue with my head or nausea.

13 Likes

I won’t lie, I tried it once in the Practice Range and it gave me a headache after about a minute.

2 Likes

even styliosa is experiencing this,

so its not isolated.

8 Likes

Whenever soldier shoots a bullet there is this subtle “zoom” effect that goes off. I’m guessing that this was done in this pre-recoil days to give the gun a good feel like it has some power/kick to it despite not moving the crosshair. However I bet that when you take that effect and you apply a vertical kick to it, it probably amplifies that effect and may be the culprit for why people think it feels so “shaky” compared to other games that have recoil.

5 Likes

I don’t really feel motion sickness when playing him but jesus I could see how it could cause it.

Just imagine fan the hammer, but constantly going on and on. With every single clip.

16 Likes

I made that in a custom game a long time ago. Infinite ammo, disable primary fire :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think Soldier doesn’t need to have spread or recoil. I couldn’t imagine he becomes better than Ashe or Widowmaker even without spread or recoil, and there are plenty of other options to adjust balance, such as CD, damage, rate of fire, etc. other than aim distraction if something goes wrong.

2 Likes