Soldier 76 recoil - feeling deezy and strong headache

The bigger picture being getting motion sickness, headaches and nausea for trying to play a hero? Even for players like Seagull?

Nah, it’s just bad coding at this point and the visual effects should be changed so players don’t throw up when they try to play a video game.

It would be like actually making Mccree do barrel rolls and having your camera roll with him (something they decided not to do) and being OK with that kind of discomfort because one needs to get used to playing like that for no reason?

Instead of it being designed like current Mccree’s roll ability where it only gives the player the impression of him doing a roll.

3 Likes

Lucky me, nothing here…

1 Like

Death is no concept, if you were facing death you would certainly feel its tangibility.

Yeah, but right now the matter that is holding us up is in the shape of a human. I won’t be seeing a phase shift for atleast another 50 years if I keep my matter the most tangible. The NOW is all that matters. When your now is a bunch of floating matter being recycled in a hot star, you wont have an ego, choices, or any concept of truth, you will be objective matter.

Really… You know who Eckhart Tolle is? I bet you do.

Truth? The truth is is that I have one life, and I won’t be some sucker being used like a battery. If these guys want my money, they won’t take it and screw me over without a fight.

IF YOU WERE NOT A TRUTH SEEKER

Sheesh all right…

I think somebody needs a chill pill here.

Soldier new recoil that causes motion sickness also has nothing to do with you personally.

Maybe it’s the monitors frame rate or refresh rate that makes it worse?

240hz
240 FPS
No symptoms

Nobody report that guy, he has come across the best smoke a man could have.

Im on 144, only slight issues. It doesn’t bother me as much as my wife however, we use the same screen.

Yeah its probably people still using 60hz living in the stone age.

Thats what you get if you wanna try to be overpowered I guess. xD

Excuse you, I just don’t have the money to upgrade my whole rig. =p

Ehh 60hz was just another sacrifice along with the goats and eye of newt.

Isn’t it sad that visual spam has been a complaint since the game launched for the same issues regarding motion sickness and nausea yet this will probably be addressed immediately because the right people are complaining

I think the adjustment is terrible, besides the instant nausea, i think the feel of it is terrible. Hopefully it reverts back or ill have to cut out soldier.

Not everyone is having the same reaction.

This, basically. He’s really solid now and I have no problems. (Also, migraines aren’t headcahes)

I was wondering why Soldier 76 felt so off since I was not aware of the changes made to the recoil. I get a headache a few minutes into playing him, I didn’t know there was an actual reason for this.

I’m having this issue too. I recently upgraded the video card and honestly I thought it had something to do with that and didn’t want to complain, but I don’t have migraine and dizzy spells with anyone other than '76. Its gotten bad enough where I’ve had to avoid playing him (and he’s my main) because its that bad.

Honestly the shake combined with the extra flash seems to be what I notice the most. I can’t look at strobe lights either and that’s the effect I’m seeing.

3 Likes

I haven’t really played him much since the balance updates but I tried him out now to see if I felt the same way, and I did.

After around 10 mins of playing 76 I started to develop a minor head ache. Shortly after I felt little nauseous and dizzy. I don’t think I am affected by this as much as others in here but it certainly is a serious issue.

3 Likes