So you add paterns for shootguns

Where my images?? CMON EVEN CS GO DEVS ADD IT.

https://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/holiday-spread/

2 Likes

I don’t think we should copy alot of aspects from other games.

Lol dude you so funny.

THEY ALREADY add it in experimental. And they dont post image with patters. Sad. Even csgo with worst developers added XD

im assuming you are referring to this image?

like an actual pattern for the weapon it sticks to? i wouldnt want to see that actually…think a shotgun should be random

2 Likes

A random shotgun is an element of randomness where your effectiveness drops from very high to extremely low and there is little you can do about it. I checked - now all fractions are evenly distributed around the circle, and the possible detachment is small enough and not particularly problematic

2 Likes

Usually it’s either a star pattern or a bullseye.

Well i mean your english is kinda… hard to understand so it would be quite hard to make anything out of it.

Anyhow are you asking for a reference picture?
I think you should learn it yourself without having Blizzard telling you the exact pattern.

At least the shotguns here don’t one-shot on long range and are trash at short ranges

I studied, but the developers should think more about the players and their convenience, attaching pictures when it comes to such subtle things.

so basically he’s saying that there’s now more of a defined shape for the spread pattern, but not exactly definite spots for each pellet. It’s more like a select few pixels when the pellet fan go.

Team Fortress 2 Competitive had fixed shotgun patterns.

And that’s about as close to Overwatch as it gets.

It’s a competitive game bruh you should learn strategy and all the abilities and stuff yourself.

People barely prepare for a match, it’s always:

> Enter a match
> Select heroes after quick discussion or without
> Strategize on the spot

Usually competitive games make use of preparing beforehand (e.c learning patterns, hero selections and positioning) Though OW feels more on the spot game.

Sure it’s much easier telling the players though i think they should learn it themselves.

So he want’s definite spots for them?

Yeah but that game just has CRITICAL HITS…
I hate those.

Tbh TF2 is the only game where i feel the shotgun is balanced (outside the 100x+ gamemodes)
Idk how fixed can be good, but i think TF2 just has an element that doesn’t make it OP.

Pictures are much more convenient and educational.

I would like to see, for example, the “main” pattern and the minimum-maximum possible deviation of the pellet distance.

Okay but Valve never officialy has given exact data on that either so what’s the link with the CS:GO post here?

That image literally shows 3 diff patterns but there are defo more since it’s so randomized. No exact min/max spread is shown there.

Sure it could help alot but i’m pretty sure with other patterns like the rifles no pattern was released by valve but players found it themselves and noted it.

The Competitive version of TF2 had no crits, and fixed shotgun patterns.

Competitive Mode - Official TF2 Wiki | Official Team Fortress Wiki

I see no inherent problem with that. OW from the very beginning has shown strong influences from many other games.

At least they attached an example. 1 its better then 0.

And thanks to the community, you can find all the patterns. And even maps where you will see the pattern and even train it … okay, dreamed and that’s enough, but at least one image from devs could be attached, for a better understanding of the situation