So queue times are getting worse

Same thing that Overwatch 1 needed: Hard nerfs to certain heroes in the Damage role.

There isn’t really any way around it anymore.

8 Likes

The only option we have is to not play the game. There is no other action we can take that will make them push this up the priority list.

13 Likes

Symmetra baby shieldgen turrets where are you!?

flex pool of hybrid utility heroes that fill gaps in team composition. Is your hammond not quite enough tank? Then you doomfist or mei. Is your healing not quite enough but you still need the dps assist? Then you zen or brig or sym or sombra.

All the synergies that should have been off-role but got horribly reworked or just never touched. add/remove heroes into that flex pool as need be to shake up the meta and give seasons a certain flavour. You need at least 6 heroes in the pool to make it work.

it’s “balanced” in that you don’t get the goats brawl 212 vs. 041 metas you see in OPEN.
it’s more “load-balanced” in a queueing sense of supply/demand mismatch. and probably more fun, higher skilled, and more futureproof.

5 Likes

I mean, the ball’s in Blizz’s corner… but seeing how royally they screwed up the launch it’s anyone’s guess what they’ll do. Maybe buying the battlepass will automatically give you priority in q? Maybe they’ll try selling priority passes in the shop.

Personally, I think it’s going to be an uphill battle. The support cast is small and will take a lot of time to expand to anywhere near the other two roles, and a lot of people are more interested in getting kills than babysitting their teammates and dealing with flankers all day… I’m not pretending I have the solution.

2 Likes

if a team would play together just a bit and stop suicide running 1V5 it might feel like playing support has a point.

You play support usually at the back of the team and a lot of the time it doesn’t feel like you are supporting but rather have a front-line seat to a trainwreck going on in slow motion.

Fix this and a lot of support will have fun again playing.

13 Likes

Queues are never going to be anywhere near equal until they drop down to one support. There’s just never going to be as many support players as there are dps.

They’ve even removed priority passes, so even if support wasn’t a nightmare to play right now, there would still be less people queuing for the role than in OW1.

3 Likes

Wrong, you can just switch from support to one of the other roles to further exasperate their problem, that’s what I’ve done.

26 Likes

Rework/improve Mercy and rework Symmetra back to Support. Boom, better queues.

Not like Blizzard will ever do it though.

7 Likes

I mean, I am playing Sombra mostly, so I am VERY much part of the problem as well.

Yeah, but you don’t need to just accept the problem and let it get worse and worse.
The queue times wouldn’t be getting worse if we were not losing support players at a higher rate compared to the other roles.

3 Likes

Fair, but the result is the same. Don’t play support. If the queue does blow out because nobody is playing it, that’ll be the only thing that’ll take notice of.

1 Like

Where are queue times getting worse?

PC US East just got 3 games in a row, one tank, one DPS, one support, all got a match within 30s in role queue quickplay

1 Like

Create a variety of support challenges with mythic rewards for completion. No money required.

2 Likes

OCE is VERY much getting worse. Other players are now complaining that queuing “fill” is just queueing support now.

So the fill buffer is now running out of slack.

2 Likes

Lmao that summed up the OW2 gameplay so perfectly

27 Likes

Ah. May want to be more specific, my queue times are still very fast on PC US East

1 Like

Bingo, that’s how we can fix this problem fast. It’s already happening big time and will just continue till the queues force blizzard to take action.

1 Like

Go play of fill for the evening, and keep track of how many times you end up in each queue.

1 Like

Bruh noone cares about support learn a real role like tank or dps

I might do that tomorrow but getting a game in 30s for any role seems okay, if filling means I most often play support that doesn’t exactly seem like an issue if I’m also getting to play DPS & Tank quickly if I want to

““The new hero will probably fix support queues”” :clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face: -The devs when asked about people not enjoying support

11 Likes