So queue times are getting worse

That isn’t what we are seeing people say in other threads.

1 Like

Blizzard has heard your complaint and now they are offering a new NO QUEUE PASS, this pass will be 249.99 but will skip the long waits in the queue.

13 Likes

Yea I noticed so far on PS4 queue times went from <2min each to >6 Tank >4 DPS <2 Support for QP.

Queueing all has gotten me 1 game as DPS, played Mei as a counter sniper had fun, and the rest as Support.

I don’t know if people are waiting for Kiriko to be available before queueing Comp, but if QP is showing a (small) bottleneck in about a week of being live there’s definitely not enough people willing to continue queueing Support right now.

3 Likes

Well, guess I can skip a car payment :skull_and_crossbones:

3 Likes

I’m sure a person’s experience with this changes depending on the time of day they play, their rank and their region. For me, dps and support queues have been climbing slowly at a fairly even rate.

I’m not denying that the support experience mostly sucks right now, I’m saying that this isn’t the only reason that queue times are getting worse.

3 Likes

This pass will have to be renewed monthy. ( you may want to just sell the car.)

6 Likes

Who needs a car in this economy?

5 Likes

Wait… I think I have a brilliant idea I just came up with on my own right now here live!!!

What if we… add in another tank to alleviate the crushing tank queue times and balance the immediate support queues!!

Boom, fixed. No need to thank me or send any medals or make any ice sculptures out of me. I know it’s brilliant :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

34 Likes

one that would be capable of that has traditionally broken the game
see: release brig

Flex player here that winds up supporting a lot. Made it to 33~ or so on the battle pass. Got bored. Playing other games.

Bad cosmetics. Bad monetization. Stagnant gameplay. Frustrating balance.

Find someone else to get sweaty every match against the 38943743th Genji + tank dive combo while expecting heals through 3 walls.

72 Likes

Instead of wait and see its more get bored and move on.

15 Likes

Queue times were >4 <3 <2 for me this afternoon, idk what the problem is.

There are almost 200k people watching OW2 on twitch right now…

It sure ain’t dead. Support queue is dead.

1 Like

Only affected in two places.

Comp & RQ

Over by Quick Play, Unranked…no waiting. Just like the old days and its a lot of fun.

Yeah, that’s what’s gong to happen. Realistically the only thing support players can do to influence this is to just not log on. Nothing else will make the devs prioritise this issue.

I’m mostly on OW right now because Kiriko is fun. OW is going on the backburner for this weekend, at least. Other games to play.

3 Likes

In this new “greed is good” monetization model Blizzard now has powerful tools for artificially regulating queue times.

1 Like

Considering we’re in the second week, it’s only going to go downhill from here… Lets see what happens when dps q times are 10mins again… Willing to bet that will turn a lot of new players away.

5 Likes

Maybe… we should like try to fix it before that happens?

3 Likes

What mode and region are you talking about? I’m not noticing long queue time or bottlenecks.

Both QP and Comp in OCE.

Other threads are talking about bad DPS queue times for other places.

They are not awful yet, but they are VERY much getting worse. DPS is like 4x the support queue times. where it was 1-2x at launch.

You can pick “fill” now and it is basically just support queue.

4 Likes