Since they said old Rez isn't coming back many times

Well is it really unfun? If mass rez was the only reason peopled played mercy they didnt really like her. Her kit and gameplay is 99% the same as its always been.

Which is why I always say she’s AS fu/unfun for me as she was back then…because the vast majority of my play time on her today is identical to then

Part of me feels the people that want her changed never really liked her to begin with … and what they fell in love with back Then was actually just mass Rez

1 Like

They technically did. No one read them.

It’s somewhere in that Mercy megathread.

edit - not a Mercy main, but I suggested that Mercy drops her staff into the ground like Supercharger, and it becomes a TF2 dispenser, while she goes full Battle Mercy until the timer ends, then she can Guardian Angel back towards it and pick it back up… that’s buried under some 10k+ posts in the megathread.

How about Mass res with LOS and charge time (Longer you hold it, the more HP ressed heroes get back) with invincibility removed? And also move Valk to an e ability with no chain healing and lasts 5-6 seconds.

Easy Mercy fix. Oh, and healing increased to 55.

If one is going in a completely different direction with the ult one might as well make a new character.

Virtually every change you make is going to make someone upset but, one should try to balance the amount of people one is making mad.

Some people do actually like the current Mercy a ton so, if you change the character much you have a high chance of annoying them.

Lots of people liked Mass Res so for those players you also have a high chance of annoying them.

Then, you’ve got a portion of the player base towards the top that is rather vocal that hates Mercy’s base kit. Since she’s got a low pick rate they are satisfied with her at the present. But, if you make changes that make it look like the character might become viable at higher skill levels outside of niche situations they’ll be hostile.

So, you’d really have your work cut out for you to please all of those groups at least a fair amount.

Even then, that doesn’t guarantee the developers will see it as they barely read forums.

Then, it also has to persuade them.

Some players did try to do this. The threads get lost in the void since people seem to react to “Mass Resurrection” posts.

The Mercy mega thread actually has some good suggestions but they are left unnoticed.

Here’s my thread (With big threads linked inside):

It got a lot of views just not a lot of people posted if it was “garbage” or “good”.

The rework I suggest could actually work better now that armour is reduced.

Some people do try. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

IKR, but their argument is she is not fun to play as. I disagree. I find her fun to play, but i dont main her, so :man_shrugging:

What means “maining”? I mean, I play her in ranked etc because im support main but she isn’t my most played hero (except this season). I guess that counts… idk.
I find her fun to play as well, it can be relaxing :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course Valk is fine. It doesn’t do much aside from give Mercy an escape or sway a fight her team’s way. Who cares about that?

Mercy makes no plays. Not really. She’s just maid service keeping heroes fed while they go play. She herself doesn’t do much. That’s the complaint!

So yeah, unless you’re a Mercy main it’s going to look good. She literally cannot piss anyone off. In a game where most heroes have something worthy to do she doesn’t.

By the same token they don’t have to remove or add new abilities to make her feel like she’s contributing, they only have to tweak their values here and there so as to up their intensity at the cost of something else (like duration or charge-up time) so when they are used they feel significant.

That’s it. That’s all we really want when we play Mercy — to feel like we do have a voice somewhere in that chorus on how the game is actually won or lost. Same as everyone else does!

1 Like

Then maybe your playstyle isn’t optimal. When I play Mercy in comp and stuff I have an impact by healing and boosting the right targets, ressurecting the right person without dying but in risky spots, superjumping and flying with guardian angel and by using my ult when it’s needed and optimal to use. I only play her under special circumstances so that she isn’t countered and that there isn’t a better alternative to her.
It’s that easy. :stuck_out_tongue:

(BTW maybe your profile is wrong but if you really want to feel an impact stop playing qp and start ranking. QP is often a meme… and you can’t really play niche characters in there (as mercy) :slight_smile: )

I haven’t been a Mercy main in a good long while. Not really anything to do with her kit, I don’t have a problem with it, I just found Ana, loved her and never played anything else xd

But, some of us like to think of new ults or abilities for heroes because guess what…it’s fun. Granted, there are some radical players who aggressively demand, but that exists for any hero.

And anyways, it’s not like the dev’s are going to suddenly steal an idea of the forum for a new Mercy ult, so let people suggest changes to a Hero they enjoy playing. Does it really affect you in any way?

Then tell people to stop complaining when new ult ideas are pitched too. The problem is people being so anti-Mercy at this point rather then anti-mass res or any other kind of res. Give a new take on it and you still get people demanding you stop discussing things at all. We need far less of those people.

I partly understand the people… I mean the “raid” was kinda unnecessary and there are a lot of other things that are just annoying for the general playerbase that are created by so-called “mercy mains”.

I’m not even talking about whatever raid went on. I make an unrelated thread and still get people clicking only to post that they don’t want to even allow discussion or new ideas to be talked about. Acting like any post about Mercy should be treated the same, or that demanding silence regardless of who it’s from or how things are presented is terrible. There is nothing to understand about those types.

It never shifted, mass rez being ‘unfun’ to play against was a reason they changed it. Now some mercy players think she is unfun to play with, which I agree.

You will always have people that hate something without thinking or any reasons… The situation you described isn’t okay but I think we can understand why they are that rude (even if it’s bad behaviour).
That doesn’t make it better… maybe we have to wait until all the “mercy mains” are gone and the forums have another victim. :stuck_out_tongue:

True fair and fun balance? Aren’t you asking for mass Rez back?

Those 10 players are miserable because they’re bad at the game. That isn’t Mercy’s fault.

They enjoy playing Mercy. That’s the whole point. The hero they found fun was made unfun because of bad players.

I’m asking for Mass Rez + Tweaks.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

yet you are still asking for mass Rez…? Don’t try and act smart lol