Sinatraa (OWL MVP) leaves overwatch for valorant

Someone descriobed this game as a clown fiesta which it is

1 Like

No. No it is not. Not even a little.

If you want to compare it to a real world event, it’s closest to when Michael Jordan went to play baseball. And even that’s not the same but it’s closer.

2 Likes

Blizzard made that choice (and to be clear, I disagree with it). They could have decided to go with more content updates, more lore, and other things. But instead, they pushed OW into e-sports territory, (and as collateral damage, they’re stuck balancing the game around the pros and their meta).

I’m not saying you’re completely wrong. However, Blizzard could make changes so OW’s livelihood isn’t based off of OWL.

1 Like

That ship sailed long ago.

Lol they have been balancing around casuals what are you talking about, this game is trash because they aren’t treating it like an esport.

1 Like

They have been mostly balancing for GM and OWL, and have said as much. Few changes get made to improve the game for the regular playerbase.

1 Like

No they can’t cause they doubled down with this 2/2/2 and having pure tanks and pure healers.

The games modes that a pure tank are viable in are very limited. In most game modes they won’t be able to do anything unless their is a point you need to fight over and choke points.

I really have no idea who this is or do I really care about some random Pro who is easily replaced and forgotten. That said did they actually say they are giving up OW, have they missed a tournament?

Or they just playing something else on the side? Either way the smart money isn’t on Overwatch. OW 2 doesn’t seem to have much of a PVP focus and the game is almost 4 years old. Any game would decline in that period and Blizzard in general is seemingly to have some serious financial issues with a lot of cut backs and lay offs even before the epidemic.

Not to mention their some what shady money management with crowd fundraising to make prize pools for their E sports, fun raising where they often skim off the top or out right forgo paying anything into themselves.

Blizzard E sports might be gaining more viewers, I really have no idea. But seemingly less money is making it to the players and more teams means more competition for that small prize pool.

I really don’t care. If he wants to play that boring corner peek shooter, that’s fine by me.

I’m far more miffed about Overwatch Central (now called Hitscan) essentially becoming a Valorant only channel. They said they would cover multiple games, and now they’re just Valorant. It’s irritating.

Pros are leaving.
Production talent are leaving.
Artists are leaving.

Everything is fine.

2 Likes

And yet the games are PHENOMENAL. Some of the best we’ve ever seen, imo.

okay, he was one of the most toxic overwatch players. Who cares. He’ll come running back next event and when he’s MVP skin comes.

1 Like

Is there a non toxic OWL player? At least one with any fame. It honestly seems like the only OWL players with any personality and following are those that break the ToS blizzard actually sets…

He did it because he want’s money. Such a loser. :grimacing:

He already joined a professional team too… if that doesn’t scream, “I’ve been payed to join.” :grimacing: :grimacing:

2 Likes

The sooner owl gets shutdown better for overwatch whatever papa jeff things overwatch is not a esport, the sooner they get that the better its for general game balance and content.

2 Likes

COVID-19 is enough to shut down OWL ?

Overwatch is very much an E-sport. Damn good one too, but that part’s subjective. The former part is not.

Overwatch has beautiful graphics; what are you on about?

he’s leaving his contract with OWL for a new contract with a org for pro valorant play.
i think he’s gonna start streaming again due to this too which should make people happy cuz he never use to stream cuz blizzard is super controlling, what u can play or not play or say and stuff like that.
he was MVP in OWL and switch games. overwatch people tend to think overwatch is the best game and no other game can touch it, thinking that valorant is trash cuz its like csgo rather than overwatch. hate on the graphics of valorant but then log into overwatch which is a game with trash graphics lol. idk half the people in overwatch are just snowflake weirdos

he was payed to join overwatch tho…

u honestly think this game is on par with some of the highly graphical intense games out there?? like i honestly think this game graphics is on par with fortnite. fortnites engine being better since it was just upgraded.