Sinatraa: "I think when 2-2-2 came out it definitely killed it for me."

Yeah. He actually said the exact thing when he was reviewing Teppen. I was originally thinking that’s what video you were originally referencing.

However, the bigger problem and difference is the examples that Max is referencing 1v1 games. Which under those circumstances makes complete sense why it’s an absolute expectation. It’s you, and finding 1 other person.

The only other way it really happens with teams is where it’s inconsequential to the outcome… Things like… No rank… your presence doesn’t honestly matter, etc.

It is very obvious instant queues do exactly what Max detailed, but it just doesn’t work for games that are reliant on teams (not without problems).

I’d hope all multiplayer developers are aware of that reaction, and do their best to combat it.

While I agree with Max (and you for that matter). I HAVE to point out… It is that way in those types of games because it’s 1v1.

Well we now have:

1. 2 2 2 in QP and comp to guarantee 2 healers, 2 tanks, and stops your team from trying to insta-lock dps
  2. we have a QP classic and Comp open queue for those who dont like 2 2 2
  3. 2 2 2 got rid of the stale goats comp
  4. hero bans (whether you like them or not) changes the optimal comp a lot (blizzard should think more carefully on who they ban sometimes, but the idea of its good in my opinion)

He may dislike these, but if he doesn’t want to play the game anymore, that’s up to him, but you gotta admit, 2 2 2 has its upsides.

He is saying that from his perspective where people cooperate to win the game. For the rest of the ladder, 2-2-2 is essential for proper gameplay.

Do you think he has to worry about people grouping up before going in for a fight? NO

Do you think he has to ask for heals when he is being aggressive? NO

Do you think he has to ask for a shield tank? NO

Do you think he has to ask Genji to switch off when Genji is getting countered by every hero in overwatch? NO

Rest of the ladder---- we have to do all of that. Sure he has a more difficult game play. But we have to deal with dumber game play which is difficult in its own right.

1 Like

Don’t blame him, it’s not his fault. He, like a lot of the pro-2-2-2 crowd is just parroting what Blizzard and the vocal minority has said. When in reality, the 5 DPS 1 healer games were quite uncommon.

To be fair, the mass majority of people in the world are ignorant and cannot think for themselves. So using the “majority wants it!” is almost never a good argument.

There we have it, from the champ himself, on black and white. Done, said, finite, game over, queue the curtains, good night, we done yet? You still gonna hail 2-2-2, you still gonna rave on about how it “saved” overwatch? Think we can establish it did the opposite. Sinaatra quitting easily just cost them thousands of players, one wonder how many left they have got to spare now.

A majority do like RQ. That’s why you’re not seeing more stuff about Sinatraa. Most people probably don’t even know who he is.

With all do respect to Sinatra, I don’t care about his opinion here. Role queue was never really designed for high level play except owl for better viewing to get out of GOATS. But gm and masters doesn’t need 2-2-2. But lower ranks do. All the time prior to 2-2-2 proves this community does not flex. They don’t. We can also clearly see their are far more dps than the others. I do not want to return to the days where match quality goes down for faster queues. I don’t think I could return to this game of role queue got removed. Not with this community.

1 Like

2-2-2 could have worked if the developers actually balanced for it.
They did not because that takes effort

Same with 1-3-2, Hero Pools, and every other bandaid fix they’ve applied instead of actually putting in effort in this game.

1 Like

Why exactly do we all care about the opinion of one person?

Assuming this is true, what’s you’re point? It’s just one dudes opinion. The pros are barely even playing the same game as us anyways

I mean, the different SRs are not a big deal to me. It’s a video game. It’s all meaningless anyway. Personally, I don’t care about my open queue SR, so I focus on 2-2-2. And balancing is easy. Just balance for 2-2-2 and it will probably be fine in open queue

To you but not most players, and not Blizz. Balancing won’t be perfect and people in open queue will inevitably complain.

I am aware of many sources of data on this matter, both on these forums and elsewhere, but I dont know of any valid data supporting the claim of a majority in the statements quoted above

I am a support main, and I intensely dislike 222.

Many other tank and/or support mains have also declared that they prefer role-less queue on many 222-related threads across these forums and elsewhere

1 Like

It’s funny because a lot of the players who wanted bans in the first place were rocking the top-tier DPSer icons like McCree and Widowmaker.

So it’s like, “what did you think was going to happen?”

The people who wanted bans did this to themselves, trying to turn OW into LOL just like the people who want to turn OW into CS:GO are right now busy vomiting all over the forums about Valorant.

As for Sinatraa, yeah. 2/2/2 killed the game for me too. Any time the queue is over 10 minutes for DPS I just don’t bother.

Congratulations support and tank mains. You got your wish. Short queues for you. Better games for you. And the game dies and falls out of its niche leadership position.

Hopefully someone comes up with a new game in this niche. You can stay here, though. The rest of us know where you stand and what you want now and you can keep it to yourselves.

FYI You actually replied to this quote originally

The data for that particular statement IS valid and is obtainable through the search function if one wishes to confirm it.

Kind regards, lolezread

I am aware of many – perhaps all – of the forum polls that have addressed this question, and none of these is a valid source of data to support the claim of a majority

edit for clarity: emphasis on “valid”. there are indeed many many many invalid data sources

1 Like

Hi meg, i see you’re still refusing to acknowledge youre wrong in this particular case.

As the polls mostly resulted in a majority vote for 222,

That is a valid claim of the majority (in these polls, not overall)

As stated by the original poster.

The polls in fact resulted in a majority in favour of keeping Competitive Open Queue.

1 Like

Yes i voted to keep it

Thats irrelevant though

Original post was talking about polls choosing between role que and open que. Every1 ive personally come across are in favour of role que

Which is irrelevant, because this thread is about keeping Competitive Open Queue for the many of us that dislike Role Queue.

1 Like