Sinatraa: "I think when 2-2-2 came out it definitely killed it for me."

At the same it is misquoting a pro in attempt of bashing role que and i think you’ll find my comment is actually relevant if you take time to find the original comment that meg replied to

2 Likes

No “misquoting” of any kind has taken place.

Regards, hulk

1 Like

Perhaps not but using a quote from a top 1% player like “everything sucked about it” to push an agenda for the whole playerbase is a predictable reach from yourself considering his gameplay experience doesn’t come close to being comparable to 99% of us.

Maybe stick to advocating for a permanent open que without the constant bitterness

Kind regards

LolezreadGR

P.s - you and meg make a cute couple

To be clear, no agenda was “pushed for the whole playerbase”.

You will note the specific wording, “many”, as opposed to “most” i.e. no claim of a majority was made.

Kind regards, hulk

You are the first person I’ve seen complain. Most people who like open queue don’t give a crap. They just like being able to play whatever they want in a competitive setting without a 10 min queue time

2 Likes

I mean, its basically the same problem as traditional team sports have with kids. Everyone wants to be the famous roles like quarterback or pitcher, nobody wants to be the unglamorous stuff like outfielders. But you still have to have those guys if the sport is going to stay mostly the same, and you couldn’t have a sport with where everyone was a quarterback anyway (kind of an extension of the “if everyone is special nobody is” principle.)

I understand your point, but the first few years of this game were eminently playable regardless of how many of each role were on each team

2 Likes

You need to read the forums more my friend, and not just this one. Support for 2-2-2 appears to be a slim majority support.

I dont know of any valid data that supports the claim of a majority in the statement quoted above

1 Like

That old line… smh… hence “appears”…

1 Like

Comps outside of 2-2-2 weren’t usually very good. You absolutely needed a tank and support, and 2 was usually better. In fact, let’s not forget that when 2-2-2 was implemented the best comps, needed to win in high rank, didn’t have DPS at all.

And most comps that weren’t 2-2-2 weren’t experiments or anything, they were just games of tank/support chicken where nobody blinked.

I’ve seen non-222 teams (including but not limited to 6dps teams) handily beat 222 teams far too many times to ever believe that 222 is somehow innately best

2 Likes

Actually it says the opposite. People like 2-2-2 and they think it fixed a bunch of problems with the game and made it better. However, because of Blizzard’s crappy balancing there have been a lot of problems

Dude… there is easily 50/50 support here and on Reddit. Your kidding yourself if you think otherwise. At least 3/4 of the anti 2-2-2 post are from the same people raising the issue almost weekly. Everyone who supported it saw first as a balancing aid, not a panacea for all the games problems.

1 Like

Feels like spam at this point tbh

2 Likes

I mean, it happened, but you usually either had teams that weren’t even close for that to occur, or it was a team close to but not exactly 2-2-2 (my favorite alternate comp was 2-3-1, since back then Moira could pretty much handle all the healing if needed).

I’m surprised so many people give a crap about some pro player’s opinion and acting as if its factual or any real proof to how 222 is bad :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I guess ppl just forget really fast how fun goats was…

Goats was never fun to begin with

1 Like

OW losing to a game that isn’t even its direct competitor. DPS que times still 10+ minutes. OWL teams not bothering to try because of the RNG of hero pools. I mean looks like everything is fine to me. I just can’t wait for OW2 and for the pvp to be abandoned completely.

Stay the course guys. Its working.

1 Like