Sick and tired of "Genji getting buffed too OP" counter him if you want to defeat him

Doomfist was above him pre buffs and it was more than just .1%. Soldier himself was around .2-.3% above him

GM stats last 3 months, (so recent post buff stats are insignificant)

Genji pickrate: 1.85%, winrate: 54.69%
Doom pickrate: 1.72%, winrate: 55.37%

Those have post buff stats in them. You can just use stats that use all pre buff stats

Insignificant viewed upon 3 months worth of stats.

Ah yes the classic “Your profile icon is Genji, therefore your argument is invalid”

We’re discussing his pre buff stats so it would make sense to use purely pre buff stats

If you have a back up from pre buff feel free to post it. I’m showing you this because its the closest to have only pre buff stats as it makes the current stat impact insignificant over a bigger time window.

Overbuff is an accurate source, at the very least for pickrates and winrates. It has always matched pickrate and winrate data given by the Devs within a 1% margin of error.

This is literally how statistics work, where a few people get surveyed and get their data recorded and analyzed to be extrapolated to the many. There is no bias, no benefit, no reward for using Overbuff. The sample that Overbuff gets is random, which makes its data accurate if there are enough players. If 1% of the entire playerbase still has an open profile, then Overbuff is accurate.

cheapest “content” possible, I suspect

We both clearly remember Doomfist having a higher pickrate

Though it’s just that you seem to not remember what the stats were as well as I do.

Literally.

I remember it pretty well as i argued Genji with people when the changes just came out on experimental and was telling them that he had average stats and was a middle of the road dps. I listed all dps he was beating and saw that he was just short on beating Doom, which was 2 weeks ago.

You think he was only above him by .1% which is wrong. Soldier himself was above him by around .2 to .3%

Counter him with who, exactly?

Moira’s been nerfed a few times recently, Sym’s already been absolutely trashed because LOL enjoy tracking him with your beam, it’s impossible unless you’re a grandmaster at aiming, and I’m pretty sure Mei’s freeze was lowered to the point where Genji can’t be frozen before he gets out of range because it’s slower now? Sooooo

Who are these magical Genji counters that are supposed to be so good at countering him exactly? Because his stats are NUTS right now - a 60% win rate on a character that theoretically has a bunch of newbies playing him because of his recent buffs shows how really stacked his kit is at the moment IMO.

1 Like

Sounds to me like genji should never have been buffed as the game won’t adjust to him, it was always the genji that needed to adjust.

1 Like

Here thats Genjis stats from 14 days ago.

Mei is nerfed to the ground.

Moira is nerfed to the ground, and will be nerfed again like they said.

Symmetra is irrelevant since she counters nothing and is countered by everything, also right now it takes more skill to play Symmetra than Genji.

1 Like

Mei is not, she has a self heal, able to freeze and one shot almost every dps hero. And a wall to block damage.

Ok, and Doomfist was above him

Still they nerfed her M1 and her Wall.
With zero compensation.