Sexist harassment

I appreciate it, but I really just like playing alone

1 Like

No problem I just thought to ask cause I don’t even play with anyone or talk. Hopefully your harassment gets sorted though

1 Like

Fair, and understandable. There are clans out there that can work with that, but in the end it’s up to you.

I’m going to advertise a bit and say that we’re recruiting right now. We focus on the social experience and have dealt with shy members plenty of times before. In fact the person leading our current recruitment push is herself very shy, and didn’t talk to us in voice for over a year, yet she’s a moderator now.

2 Likes

Thank you! I really appreciate the kind words

Thank you, I’ll consider it

3 Likes

It seems extremely unlikely to me that an entire group of random people decided to harass you based just on the fact that you’re a girl. I get that there is some sexism in online games of course, but there’s no way you’re presenting this perfectly accurately.

2 Likes

Our post on these forums, in case you want to check us out. Otherwise, good luck!

1 Like

I think it’s very plausible, and likely, particularly when we’re talking about a small, isolated pool of players as is the state of console Overwatch. When you’re seeing the same group of players every time you boot up the game you learn who they are pretty quickly.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you don’t believe me, but that’s what’s going on right now

1 Like

I … would like to point out that women in gaming are definitely a minority, especially because of the reception women get when joining the gaming community.

It’s getting better, but it’s still not great to be perceived female in general.

2 Likes

No, it might happen once in a long while, but the way this person is presenting it is as if it’s a coordinated campaign of harassment based solely on her gender. I get the vibe that this might not be happening anywhere to the degree that they’re presenting it if it’s happening at all. My experience on these forums is there are a lot of very young people who lie and bs a lot and that’s definitely what this strikes me as. Someone trying to garner attention and clearly it’s worked.

That’s right, I don’t.

2 Likes

wait… if your playing alone and your shy and also changed your name then how are they finding you? aint adding up

Yep, this is exactly what it seems like. I got that same feeling immediatley.

I’m not sure where you’re getting your vibes from, but everything I’ve read here seems to be sincere in intent. I think you’re inserting your own context here as to turn aside any perceived criticism of conduct in gaming spaces. After all, we also have a lot of very young people who do exactly that in regards to anything that counters their personal world view and socio-political narrative of preference.

2 Likes

But that’s literally what’s happening, not believing me doesn’t mean I’m wrong. Also please use my proper pronouns

You can save messages sent to someone and the chat will stay even if you switch names

Because I’ve met this type of person enough times to know this is probably not true at all. This is about controlling other people’s emotions. If you look at the way they write then it’s clearly intentionally trying to appear innocent. Trust me, give it time and you’ll run into plenty of this type of person.

I think you’re heavily projecting something on me. I’m sorry you’ve met people like that but that’s no excuse to protect it on me

Well, it’s been six decades. I guess I just have to give it more time. However, I’m also old enough to know better when random internet dudes tell me to trust their clearly suspect judgement.

Anyway, I think what they’re doing is fine. I also don’t think that your attempt to shout them down will be particularly effective, unless you’re able to derail the thread sufficiently as to get it closed. And since I have no interest in aiding you in this, we will close our discourse. You may have the final word to denounce me.

2 Likes

I wasn’t talking to you about my pronouns tho. Also, why would I lie? What exactly do I gain from lying? All I want is a perm avoid slot, I don’t understand

1 Like

You’re clearly capable of handling this yourself, but I’ll offer, as totally unsolicited advice, that you don’t let people bait you into bogging the discourse down in pointless aspersions about your character, or other minutia.

1 Like

But I’ve answered all your questions so far? I really don’t get what you’re saying.

I think they’re trolling now honestly

Yeah, I think I’ll just ignore it at this point, they won’t even use my proper pronouns so I think they’re doing this on purpose

1 Like