Sexist harassment

I’ve been getting harassed by a group of guys who keep throwing any games they see me in because I am afab. I report them but they never get banned, which I don’t understand. I avoid them but that only lasts for 7 days, so that’s a temporary solution. Why doesn’t Blizz just ban these people?

Edit: I literally have videos of them verbally harassing me and yet nothing
Yes I’ve tried Customer support too

(They/them please)

Oh yeah, update. A friend decided to look up the main guy’s account and it’s not on PSN? I think they got banned, so that’s nice

60 Likes

are you in a high/low elo? how are you managing to get these guys so frequently as you claim? in that case, you could just wait out the queue times for a bit so you dont have to possibly queue up with them again.

12 Likes

Sorry what he said…

1 Like

I’m mid-diamond, which is their reason for throwing and even messaging harassing things to me

12 Likes

As for why they haven’t been banned, it’s hard to distinguish between throwing and being terrible at a game. If it is absolutely apparent that they were ‘feeding’ or jumping off the edge then I’d be a bit concerned as to why there has been no action.

5 Likes

I have video of them saying “I’m throwing” tho

6 Likes

There’s a setting to only allow whispers from friends. Turn that on.

12 Likes

The only advice I can give is to wait out queuing to avoid them, and avoid them as a teammate.

8 Likes

And just to be sure, have they been using expletives towards you?

It’s even going on for 2 weeks and I can’t even permanent avoid them :frowning:

3 Likes

Not sure why that’s relevant. Harassment = abusive chat regardless of words used.

28 Likes

Hmm.

Yes, like c and b words, directed at my gender:/

6 Likes

Than I’m pretty stumped to why nothing has happened to be honest. You can only just avoid and report each time they harass.

17 Likes

have you tried muting them?

6 Likes

Muting doesn’t keep them from throwing my games

19 Likes

Nothing has happened because they haven’t gotten enough reports. Stacks are prevented from punishment because of numbers. Say a 5 stack only harasses their own teammates. That’s max 1 report per game. I’m pretty sure you’d NEVER be banned even if you were reported every single game when it’s maxed out at 1.

11 Likes

Makes sense, they’re a 4 stack so only 2 people would report them

2 Likes

ignore them and they will eventually get bored

1 Like

avoid or time for alt ggs

1 Like