✅ [RoleQ] MatchMakered vs UnlockedQ

If the Devs want to implement 2-2-2, they should do it right.
Without high DPS queue times, or pushing some of the playerbase to quit.

Choose Quickplay or Competitive, then you get this screen:

RoleQueue (2-2-2 vs 6Any)

• Click Competitive or Quickplay
  • Then you get the screen above:
    • Clicking any of the first 3 Locked Roles, queues you into 2-2-2 Locked Roles.
    • Clicking the AnyHero choice, queues you into the 6Any Unlocked Roles.
    • Clicking AnyHero, and one of the locked Roles queues you into Both.
  • If Queued into a 2-2-2 Locked Roles team.
    • Holding F for 3seconds, does a yes Vote to unlock Roles.
    • Vote status shows up in the chat box.
    • 4 votes needed to unlock Roles.
    • One fewer votes needed per teammate that leaves the game.
  • Additionally, since this idea is incompatible with RoleBasedSR.
  • To get rid of GOATs, just limit Healer choices to no more than 2 per team, with a block at the hero select screen.
    • Allowing Brig to be balanced for 2-2-2, and maybe some other healer buffs, like returning some of Lucio’s speedboost speed. (Or something to make Mercy players happier).
  • Also, for future balance, put a limit of 2AnchorTanks per team (I.e. like Rein/Orisa)

Commentary:

• This prevents large DPS queue times by offloading excess DPS players to 6Any comps.
  • It allows for complex team compositions, while enforcing the standard of 2-2-2.
    • (That can only be unlocked with team coordination).
  • Doesn’t make a significant portion of the playerbase want to quit the game.
  • Is compatible with Quickplay, which contains the majority of players, and ALL of the new players. Quickplay will be the only way to grow the playerbase.
7 Likes

I don’t like that part of it.

Having rolebased and just assuming freeQ is dps is a better design.

2 Likes

This would serve only to increase queue times further, as it would split the player base in half.

Edit: wait I misunderstood, nevermind. I actually don’t mind the idea.

I figure RoleBasedSR is basically the same as AccountMerging, assuming you were given 2 freebie “Account Profiles” ontop of your existing one.

Only difference would be the idea that you could have a Masters DPS player switch to a Tank/Healer, and that the limitation of not being able to switch would prevent bad behavior. When more likely, that just gets damage focused Tanks/Healers.

I don’t think people will use it that way.

They will have their main account and 2 smurfs, or do over accounts.

You think your Sr is wrong? Try the next account.

The match between the roles and the accounts is likely to be flakey at best.

Not to mention a main account, a tryhard account and the throwing account would be quite common.

1 Like

I think high ranking players already have plenty of smurf accounts. So it would be kinda redundant. And I think a basic 2-2-2 with no caveats, wouldn’t be a functional system in the first place.

Since you are bound to get more DPS Role picks, when you get people acting like “Finally I don’t have to Flex anymore.”

You can leave owl out of this buddy. They dont need to get rid of goats just cause few/you people doesnt like watching it.
I actually am one of those people who likes to watch that meta more than bunker/dive.

And what comes for 222 we just have to wait and see till it comes. And see how they’ve done it.

2 Likes

You think the devs have been nerfing GOATs repeatedly for the past 7 months, because they think only a few people dislike GOATs?

Thats part of the reasons they have yeah.
But yet goats is still beeing played at pro level cause its just their strat.

Should they nerf their players instead?
Cause what I understood from playing goats myself on scrims, etc that it works with team synergy/teamwork & such.
You can have any of the 3 tanks/supports with sombra, etc but its the teamwork what makes this & any other metas work/better.

So it’s desirable and interchangable with any other team comp, merely because Pro level players are using it?

Kind of a weak argument.

I agree, i love goats. On fundamental level its so much harder n complex then braindead a$$ Dive. I actually appreciated what Brigs introduction did to genji/tracer.

I’d argue GOATs is more forgiving of mistakes than other compositions, and the vast majority of the kills come from spam.

Instead of aimed projectiles, intentionally going for a kill, with calculated brief overextensions.

GOATs feels more like a MOBA fight, than an FPS fight.

1 Like

I agree a small counter would’ve helped, but straight hard counters are just dumb.

so healers and tanks can still get too many DPS in a comp? doesnt seem fair. unless ONLY DPS can get sent to any 6 comps.

doesnt really stop that

2 ques will increase EVERYONE’s que time. will any comp ques only fight any comp ques? if so that further increases que times. if 222 is gonna happen I much rather DPS suffer more than any other than all bc DPS are the most common and have the largest hero pool.

1 Like

2 queues, for only one matchmaker.
Technically 3 queues if you add in LFG.

thats gonna hurt everyone a LOT. that is not a good thing esp since people think theyll not mind waiting but in fact 10 extra seconds usually decreases players wanting to wait. it makes it feel longer than it is bc people are so impatient

People are bound to be a lot more patient if the don’t feel obligated to pick a hero the instant the match joins, and therefore have to watch the queue screen like a hawk.

Maybe get up, walk across the room, get a drink. Check out Facebook or Reddit etc.

Instead of looking at the queue timer, like staring at paint drying.

what???

people dont like to wait even for better games. it’s why even tho LFG had similar que times people avoided it even tho the wait was the same and complained about it being too long. i have had way better games in LFG but now few play it

even when I do this it doesnt help but to annoy me that I HAVE to do other things bc of how long a que is. i hate doing those things for sooo long just to play ONE game. most people agree. its why que times have such a huge impact on player population.
people also dont wanna be so busy with something else that they miss their chance to play due to being “inactive”. not everyone insta locks. usually its only OT. those people regardless of role lock will still insta lock.

The problem with LFG is that the human element slowed things down a lot, and you were basically required to be communicating the whole time, while getting judged by a a random group lead. Ana even after all of that, you might get kicked.

RoleQueue, you just press a button, then let your brain afk for a bit. Grab a drink, read Facebook etc.