Please for the love of God FORCE 2-2-2

Well as someone else put it (it was Frostbite, thank you ;D ):

What will happen if they do implement 2-2-2 and the quality of matches doesn’t increase? You still get the DPS who suck. The Ana who can’t aim to heal. The rein who charges in and dies. The DPS Moira. What will they turn to? What will they blame and demand then?

19 Likes

They gonna find the way to cry, the only thing they’re good at kappa =)

What is wrong with expressing what he wants? That’s how opinions are made anyway. In the end that’s all there is on this forums, an expression of what one wants.

1 Like

Frankly, I’d be amazed. Especially given that role based SR will ensure that you are playing with Tanks, Healers and DPS that are of equivalent rank, specifically in the role they are playing.

No one will be flexing onto a role for which they cannot match the standard of the game they are playing. No one will be playing a role they don’t want to play.

13 Likes

Howdy! That was me…

You’re still gonna get your Symm/Sombra/Widow one tricks who suck.

You’re still gonna get tanks who don’t tank.

You’re still gonna get healers who don’t heal.

It solves nothing. DPS Moira and Ana will replace the traditional DPS characters in those slots. Roadies and hamsters doing DPS and diving. No shields. Just feeding.

It’s gonna be a nightmare and then you’ll all be back here asking for 1/1/1/1/1/1

19 Likes

I figure the easier way to increase the “quality” of matches is to keep the team oriented players somewhat separate from the solo oriented players.

✅ [RoleQ] MatchMakered vs UnlockedQ

Since at that point “quality” is defined by how much people adhere to the assumed playstyle that player prefers.

How does role based SR help, given how it’s highly unlikely they’ll change the way SR is calculated?

One-tricking is so common because it’s the most effective way to scoop up SR, and flexing only really becomes relevant when you can play multiple heroes at the same level–just because you pick a bunch of heroes in a category, doesn’t mean you’re good at all of them to the same SR band.

1 Like

Yeah sure, selfish because others play this game selfishly. Let’s blame someone who wants to blame as a team. Not the one trick mains, nooooo, let’s blame the one who wants it change. Go away.

Why shall we be forced to play the way you want it?
And balancing this game wouldn’t be that hard even without role lock. The devs just need some ears, to hear about the problems they shall fix, and some balls to go the way they want. Blizz are kinda afraid to change the game drastically, although they already have a safe place to experiment, the PTR.

3 Likes

Honestly, I don’t think the game is that far from balanced as it is.

10 Likes

Oh look, that old stupid argument. OF COURSE people are going to suck. But 2-2-2 will also ensure the dps is better off. Sym? Works really well with some tanks and healers around her.
And with 2-2-2 force, Blizzard can balance the game so that of meta tank/dps/healer have a better chance.

2 Likes

I think you are the inflexible one if you need the structure to function

Just git gud :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Would still be better then the current status que. Role select won’t fix everything, but it will increase the quality of matches on average with per role matchmaking and less lopsided matches.

No more games lost in the spawn room is reason enough for 2/2/2 on its own.

Why would one tricking be a problem? If someone only wants to play one character then that’s fine. Their SR will reflect how well they play that character.

For people who play more than one character in a class, yes, it will be muddied by that, but still far less muddied than having one SR for every role and every character.

It will never be perfect, but there’s no point in letting the perfect be the enemy of the good.

2 Likes

Use LFG if you are so desparate

8 Likes

Honestly, I think you’d earn yourself some points if you made your case and refuted the opposition rather than just calling the arguments stupid. As it stands this

Is no better than this

Why should they force 2-2-2? Why would it be inherently good? What would stop the matches from sucking?

3 Likes

Ones a joke and the other isn’t

But yeah 2-2-2 is likely to prematurely kill the game as queue times skyrocket.

2 Likes

You can see the role pickrates for QP here at several past dates:

https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://www.overbuff.com/roles

You’ll notice the pickrate for tanks was higher in January of 2017 than it is now.

Supports pickrate on the other hand is nearly 50% higher.

I’d suggest that people fundamentally do not want to play tanks. You might be able to massage an extra % or two out of people that like everything about the hero but the mechanics but, I don’t think you’ll get more.

You can’t use LFG as the foundation for balancing the game in the same way as you can when you fix the number of characters that can be played in each role.

This is another reason why game quality will improve. It will be significantly easier for the devs to balance characters when they know exactly how many from each class there will be in each game.

1 Like

LFG doesn’t take into account ping like the matchmaker does.

I’ve used LFG and my ping shoots up 130 ms when grouping with some people, while I average 40 ms when playing solo.

2 Likes