Role q evil must be purged

The whole role q is made so dps can roleplay without begging for supports and tanks.

It’s like Asking 4 people to roleplay for 2 people happiness it’s unsustainable.

Nope, not sure where you got that idea. Role queue was made to streamline balancing and remove unintended synergies that plagued the game. That’s all. If your theory was correct then open Q would actually be the better choice for dps players.

If this was true the game would have died a long time ago. Right now, I can queue for dps and get faster queues than if I queue for support.

The only ones not having a good time right now are tanks. And that is pretty much entirely due to certain support mechanics, flying heroes and how the tank matchups have turned into a swap fest.

1 Like

And you have the option to play open q.
If you don’t like role q don’t play it.
Where is the problem ?

I feel that happened long before role queue was implemented.

At one point people didn’t care and also left a lot of game especial if the team where heavy imbalanced. If you have a team with 2-2-2 and the other team had 4 dps and 1 support/tank the game was already over from start.

More then enough people didn’t wanted to switch and just wanted to play dps.

So… you want to force everyone into open queue, because most people prefer role queue… smart, that will surely save the game…

3 Likes

Player game mode distribution from 2020

yea haha that is fun experience. had it so many times indeed.

I know of no valid data to support the claim of “most people prefer role queue”

If you have some to offer, please point us to it

3 Likes

what streamers play is not valid data to support the claim that was made

4 Likes

No point in talking to you like. Unless you get numbers from blizzard, you won’t admit that other factors clearly point at me being right. Keep naively closing your eyes and hide behind your favourite arguments matey. Doesn’t matter, im pretty sure RQ stays as the most popular comp mode.

1 Like

Twitch stream audience is not majority

There you go all your copy paste of links is waste.

1 Like

Whatever you say mate. RQ is sure to stay.

1 Like

I have no issue with someone claiming that it is their opinion that 222/122 is the more popular mode

I have issue when it is stated as if it is a fact, when no valid data I know of exists to support it

no forum member has the knowledge or authority to legitimately make such a statement as if it were fact

2 Likes

Just because you are unable to understand the context of my opinion doesn’t mean i’m not authorized to make it. Show me what forum ToS i broke. Until you do, im authorized to legitimately make any statement i want.

1 Like

If you didn’t like Open Queue, you didn’t have to play it.
You could use LFG.

So why was Role Lock needed?

2 Likes

To prevent OTP players from leaving a game, because they did not get the desired role.
It made role balanced matchmaking easier.
Ah good example was the first underworld pve Mission. Many people left early in the beginning and were replaced with an ai. That sucks.

For flex and creative players role queue is hell.

Oh and in ow1 the most played mode was role queue ranked, especially in in the US.
But I would take that with grain of salt, because through role queue ow1 lost the majority of their publicity.

1 Like

It’s more an issue of specific heroes

And what you say could be fixed through LFG. So Role Lock was not needed for that

Which is shown by the great balance that happened right after it was implement where the game went into one of the worst metas in the game’s history, aka Double Shield?

Which is perhaps the biggest drawback. OW when it first came out was known for all the unique heroes and creative ways you could play the game and which heroes you could play. The devs completely left this original design, gradually adding more and more restrictions to the game and we end up with the stale game we have today.

Even if it made balancing more simplistic, Open Queue had way more potential when and if it was balanced decently.

2 Likes

Because people are as sholes
In the beginning of role queue I had 8 min wait time for a DPS role.
Imagine a OTP widowmaker does want to wait so long.
She will queue for support as ana (1min queue time) and after her first dead she will change to widowmaker.
An Abusive mechanic is created.

Dunno at that time I stopped playing the game.
In the two months after implementing role queue. Ow has lost more than half of its twitch viewers and it never recovered after it, because flex players like me stopped playing the game.
That why I think it is funny if people say deleting open queue or role queue is good for the game.
It is like saying console players should stop playing on console.
It is so dumb.

For that you can thank papa Jeff.
Because the Devs wanted to see high level game play which defies the odds.
Like genji against zarya.

He mentioned it in a comment about the upcoming ranking system. I don’t know if it was in season 1 or 2

That is why the ranking in ow1 was determined, by comparing your stats with the average stats of your hero.
With that mechanic OTP had the advantage with ranking up, because if you have more playtime with one particular hero you stats are of course better than average.

That is for sure, but tell that not to me, but the uncreative otp

I am not having any difficulty understanding

the statement I replied to was an opinion stated as if it were a fact when it was and is not a fact

no forum member has the knowledge or authority to legitimately make this statement

2 Likes

I’m confused, where was this mechanic available?

Because in LFG you were stuck to the role you signed up for, you couldn’t switch unless you were in the “Flex” role.

Ah okay, well it was known as one of the most unenjoyable times in the game’s history. It was caused by the introduction of Sigma and Role Lock.

I get your point, and honestly completely reasonable. I think if they had just never added Role Lock this would have never been an issue, but they have and there are going to be some people that will freak out and leave.

This is why I think a possible way to go about it would be to revert back to Open Queue entirely, but also implement more effective ways for people to group up because the issue people have isn’t that people won’t go 2-2-2, it’s that playing with strangers can be a gamble.

1 Like