Request for Mercy Pink Skin in Overwatch 2

there are many other players of this game aside from yourself, and many of those players would like to purchase (and in some cases, purchase a second time) this skin

That said, I have always been in favor of new charity skins being created, but with the pay to win game being called OW2 in such a incomplete and unstable state, I dont see Blizzard diverting the resources necessary to make any new charity skins anytime soon

CB: wasnt there a fairly recent tweet from a high ranking member of the Overwatch team that expressed enthusiasm for the possible return of the Pink Mercy skin?

I am asking you if you can provide the link and/or source since you provided such a statement

The source that was “provided”in these other Pink Mercy threads has not stated that BCRF would like for the skin to return . If you have the link and/or source that provides otherwise, please do so.

2 Likes

I think they can’t provide any because none exist, or they had a dream that was very realistic.

2 Likes

Let me try and find the link of what I assumed that Megadodo may be referring to.

LINK: (https://twitter.com/pinkmercyplease/status/1370452801864806405?lang=en)

The link that was provided stated that, and I quote

Thank you so much for reaching out. We are so grateful to receive your kind words and love for the BCRF + Blizzard partnership. BCRF continues to be in contact with our wonderful partners at Overwatch. We encourage you to continue sharing your love for Pink Mercy on social media so the Blizzard team knows how much this program means to the community. While the program is no longer active, there are several ways you can continue to support BCRF through direct gifts to our cause at bcrf.org/donate or through gaming fundraising to learn more, we encourage you to visit bcrf.org/gaming and stay up to date with updates from our partners, we invite you to sign up for the BCRF newsletter, linked at the bottom of the page of BCRF.org." -Lexie

Based on what was provided via through the Twitter screenshots, nothing was indicated nor stated that BCRF wants this offer to return, however, BCRF stated the company continues to be in contact with our wonderful partnership at Overwatch.

It was also stated that there are several ways to continue to support BCRF through direct gifts on the website and check the website for any updates from our partners.

It was stated that

2 Likes

Actually, there have been many written statements by the BCRF indicating that they’d like the offer to return…and these have been posted in many existing Pink Mercy threads

Also, pushing the idea of a direct donation is off-target in a Pink Mercy thread. Charities work with both group A (those who donate just to donate) and Group B (those who require recompense to donate) in order to maximize donations. They appreciate both groups. So, since this is a Pink Mercy thread, pushing a group A type agenda is simply mistargeted here.

Finally, plans can and do change, especially with all things Overwatch. We had a prepaid game of 6v6, now we have a pay to win 5v5 game. We were told PVE would be added, and then it was cancelled. Plans can change…and often do. It is our hope that Pink Mercy will become part of Blizzards plans once again at some point

This must have been before the whole debacle that came to light lol

I see a lot about how to support the BCRF (which is great, but that’s not what people really care about unfortunately) and nothing about the skins return.

So far there has been an executive producer for Overwatch and I’m assuming someone from BCRF named Lexie both saying nothing about the skin returning, but thank you’s and links on how to support them.

2 Likes

actually, no - statements from BCRF indicating that they’d like to see the offer return have been made both before and after the scandals

and…the desire to help the charity and the desire to buy the skin are not mutually exclusive. People can and do often want both. The attacks where it is claimed that people (including fellow forum members) only want the skin are baseless and are against both the rules and spirit of this forum, and as such, I ask that they cease

We simply ask to see the

That’s all.

2 Likes

We?

and myself. We had both asked you the same thing about showing us what exactly they said as a fact and not simply a supposition.

2 Likes

So if there are many written statements as you claim, why when asked to provide such evidence, the response and evidence are inaccurate and insubstantial?

Then you have group C, who just want a new charity event from a new company featuring a new hero.

Plans do indeed do change, however, some plans here in Overwatch have not changed. I am all for collaboration for charity as it is for a good cause, but again we have been told by Blizzard themselves that Pink Mercy skin or icons have no plans to bring it back.

Nor have there been any proof of statements that have stated that BCRF wants the skin to return and is waiting for Blizzard.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have yet to see any links, sources, citations, credentials, or evidence stating such a claim that is being made, which is

If I made such a claim, I would have expressed and displayed the source for not only awareness but to help support my claim.

No evidence or receipt is often dismissed especially against those who have provided evidence and/or receipt. Based on what we know right now, is that Pink Mercy is not returning anytime soon, as the evidence supports it with the time span from the release of Pink Mercy to now, and since it has been stated more than once that Pink Mercy is not returning or have no plan to return.

2 Likes

I ask that the personal attacks cease

Blizzard please I have been waiting for YEARS.

Notice how we still do not have the evidence?

3 Likes

yep :confused: a simple discourse

2 Likes

It is more so than telling that the evidence does not equate to the statement that was made. Instead, words are being misconstrued into fixing a false claim, as any statement without evidence is just that.

Now let’s just say that “BCRF said that they want the skin to return” and it is in Blizzards hands, as Megadodo stated, and Blizzard came out years ago stating that they have no plans for Pink Mercy and the icons to return, then that should speaks more volume. Blizzard “overall or majority rules” does not want the skin to be returned.

2 Likes

I saw an article a couple days ago where blizzard said they’ll bring it back sometime in the future. I don’t remember the link, so please don’t attack me for having hope that they’ll bring it back. Knowing blizz, they’ll prob bring it back when they get desperate.

awesome :slight_smile:

if you do come upon that article again, be sure to add a link to it to a Pink Mercy thread