Request for Mercy Pink Skin in Overwatch 2

Pink Cass with bulge physics though…

I know. That was sarcasm.

That is a stretch and you know it, they needed a cutesy Mercy skin for a Valentine day event to appear in artworks and Pink Mercy happens to be the best candidate for it. It was pretty much either Pink Mercy or design a whole new different skin.
They already made Cupid Hanzo for it and a second skin would be just an overkill for an event that is lets be honest pretty irrelevant, most of the event wasnt even ingame.

Thats why i said what i said.
Blizzard cannot sell it even if they want to, neither BCRF. It has to be agreed on by both parties to make it happen.

Blizzard,especially recently has been all about the money they can make, i think we can all agree on that. They would charge you for ability cooldown reduction if they could get away with it in a heartbeat.
So what do you think what their enthusiasm levels are, to release a skin they dont see a single dollar from, especially when they know that a lot of people see it as one of the best Mercy skins. Those people would never buy another Mercy skin from the shop once they have Pink.
The only way they release the Pink Mercy skin again if they can get a slice of the pie, but if they do that, the skins sentimental value goes down the toilet and it would be a PR nightmare to begin with.

Dont misunderstand me, i have every single timed exclusive OW1 skin aside from Blizzcon Bastion/Winston and the pre-order Widowmaker, but if it was up to me, every single skin would be purchaseable at any given time, because i do believe that timed exclusivity is bs and all it does is make it harder for new players to pick up a game when they constantly see stuff they cannot get anymore, its disheartening as hell and i wish Blizzard could see that.

Long story short, Blizzard dont want it to return if they cannot make money from it, BCRF is questionable if they want to do anything with Blizzard anymore and even if they do, its unlikely they would agree to take lets say only 50% of the sales this time.

The fact that it’s been requested so so so so so so so so so so so so many times and devs aint interested. That’s your answer.

Any other skin and it would have been re-released a few weeks later

1 Like

In this case, people should outreach to the third party that created this skin and ask them to talk with Blizzard to hopefully do another collaboration.

People get skins, third party company gets charity money for a greater cause. Win win in my eyes

1 Like

not at all

there’s been no stretch whatsoever

the skin didnt have to be included, and yet it was

its inclusion had to have been approved by management as well

and yet if Pink Mercy was never coming back, management would likely have decided not to use it

its appearance in this item promoted the skin

no need to promote something that isnt returning…in fact, its a bad idea to promote an item that isnt returning

BCRF has already put it in writing that they’d like for the skin to return

so Blizzard is pretty much the one in control of when/if it returns at this point

a tax deduction does result in an increase in profitability

so thats already built in to this whole thing

further, increased PR also means more players, which also increases revenue

there would be no PR nightmare if it returned, rather, there would be a pr boost

1 Like

I think it is the pig tails that she have on that skin thats makes people go bananas over it! Yes I got it and never use it. Her moon skin looks so much better.

actually, one of the lead devs has openly expressed on twitter that he is VERY interested in this skin returning

Maybe they could work with BCRF again to rerelease the skin and have a fundraiser like they did before. I think the main thing stopping them is that they’re not concerned with things that don’t bring in a profit.

as a clarification, the tax deduction they’d get from the resumption of the offer would add to their profitability

Well then what the heck blizzard

I love how people always ask for the charity back for the skin and never to support the cause. (ik some ppl do but the majority of ppl say they want the skin back THEN say they want the charity back)

1 Like

People who buy the skin are supporting the charity

100% of the purchase price goes to the charity

2 Likes

yeah but how many people that missed the pink mercy charity event afterward wound up donating the $15? Like none. People are supporting the charity, yes but they are doing it for the skin. There are some people that couldnt care less abt the skin and just wanted to donate but the people making the posts only care abt the skin

1 Like

I dont know how any forum member would have the data to make such a statement as if it were fact

I accept that one might think or believe many people dont donate, but there’s no basis I know of to state it as a fact

I see nothing wrong with that

Charities understand that some people need recompense to donate, and they work with those individuals to maximize their donations, as they did with Pink Mercy

End result is more money in the warchest to research the cure for cancer

this is again a supposition stated as if it were a fact, when it isnt fact, it is an opinion

to be frank, wanting the skin and wanting to help the charity are NOT mutually exclusive things. want can want both. Many folks do want both

In any case, the motivations of the buyer are really irrelevant to this…the dollars from an alleged saint spend the same for cancer research as the dollars from an alleged sinner.

The only time that the buyers motivations matter is when someone comes into a thread like this one and uses it to attack/deride folks simply for wanting to make a legitimate purchase. Such attacks are against both the spirit and rules of this forum, and as such, they shouldnt be made

sight, not this $h!t again, bury the pink Mercy skin and BE DONE WITH IT ALREADY - bunch of whiners

1 Like

Source?

The company BCRF did not put it in writing that they would like for the skin to return.

2 Likes

I ask that attacks on fellow forum members cease

they actually have, and multiple times

Please provide sources/ proof of citation of the link if you do not mind.

2 Likes