Repeat after me HANZOS ARROWS ARE

Except the entire animation of the arrow isn’t the projectile size? its just the middle of it. which is the same size as genjis shuriken.

so many people act like they know anything when they don’t.

You will be surprise how far the hitbox extends outside the main body. Look at Zenyetta, Mercy, and Pharah for example.

Really have to give credit to the person that made that album.

1 Like

Where did dev said that?

the devs. when they said that the projectile is the same size as genjis shuriken.

you think they aren’t smart enough to include length in that comparison?

there was a huge ordeal about how animations mean nothing in the game and the hit boxes are actually different than what they look like.

its what sparked the idea that “moira has aim lock on” no she didn’t. she has one hit box, and the animation matches it.

just like the entire arrow is animated, but the middle is the only “projectile”

Arent “that” big.

But see theres proof but people still don’t want to believe the truth. Oh oh the shaft and oh but the robots get headshot even at the body in training room. No matter how much proof there is non believers will only be that.

Lmao that doesn’t prove that only mid part counts

if the devs have said that the projectile is the same size as genjis shuriken. it means length and width wise.

it does prove that.

animations don’t always match the hit box. the devs have said that many times.

the animation of hanzos arrow makes his hitbox look larger than the hitbox.

the devs have confirmed that its the same size as genjis shuriken.

youd have to be stupid to not understand that means that the full animation doesn’t match the hitbox.

Just because it’s the smallest doesn’t mean it’s small enough

I’m not saying at this point it needs to be changed, but you people really need to put some logic into your arguements

The projectiles aren’t really that big in this game, it’s just that the hitbox in this game are huge due to having no deceleration with adadada strafing.

The hitboxes are so huge, all CS player would laugh at how big they are. My friends who often get accuse of hacking in FPS games he play always makes fun of the hitbox size in OW. He doesn’t like OW because it’s too team reliant and not enough solo carry potential, so he play other FPS games instead.

A projectile sniper is always going to feel cheap, period. That one time you see in the kill cam that a spamzo accidentally killed you will burn in your brain for eternity, regardless of what the next 20 shots look like.

Dunno if it can be fixed really.

Doing math, can offer on demand, assuming a training bot at 20 meters, the changes to land a shot are;

Hitscan: 1/6300 (Like McCree, Ashe, Widow, etc)
Hanzo: 1/5000
Mei: 1/4750

Numbers might be a bit off, because I’m doing it from memory, but I think they’re accurate.

So, with Hanzo, it is about 20% easier to land shots against an imobile target than it is with a DPS. Mei is about 25%.

Uhh they are dead while Hanzo was aiming at the people in the front.

What logic needs to be put. Saying small isnt small enough isnt logic at all it is just an opinion.

It’s better than saying it’s the smallest so small enough. That actually has no logic

You have to consider how large the projectile should be based on how often it fires, how fast it flies, what angle it travels in, and how much damage it does. After you factor all of that in, then you can start comparing it to other things like it and try to determine whether the size should be increased or decreased from there.

Keep saying they’re the smallest projectile all you want but you can’t deny the fact that random Hanzo headshots happen wayyyyy too often.

(Disclaimer: not saying that they aren’t a small projectile)

So quoting the creators of the game isnt logical to you. Im comparing it to the shuriken bc they are identical in size. There is no “well wheres the logic” its just factual proven by the devs.

Just throwing that in here if you need anything more to prove your point.

When did I say it didnt happen or that that was the initial topic?

Sounds like youre fishing for “see I was right about XY and Z” even though they werent even mentioned in the initial topic.

The reason so many people call it logs (or at least to my understanding) is because of the random bs headshots which seemingly don’t even seem close to your head but still hit.

That has to do more with models hitbox and travel speed than with the size of the projectile itself. You want to avoid random headshots? Make the arrows faster. But that will only make the same people unhappy again bc “well he melts me so fast i have no time to react”