Repeat after me HANZOS ARROWS ARE

hanzo arrows are super slow now, people still complaining about hanzo lmao

2 Likes

It is the smallest projectile in the game, but it is still a projectile with a hitbox in the game.

How small is exactly the “smallest” projectile in the game? And what about the length of the hitbox?

hanzo does have is ult if nothing else… that is a pretty damn fat arrow (defining arrows as something you shoot from a bow)

but yeah that is just the one arrow…
but it is probably the fatest… not that i counts as a projectile though… at least not when its fully deplayed or what ever you call it…

The smallest projectiles in the game are gigantic.

1 Like

The projectiles are quite big.
BUT you also need to keep in mind PLAYER MODELS are quite big as-well.
Its not just projectiles to blame.

Even hitscans are quite forgiving due to the player models.

8 Likes

My only problem with that video is the distance he stands from the targets he’s shooting at.

It might not seem like much- but overwatch actually draws the line for bullets / projectiles from where they actually are coming from on the model, and not necessarily where the center of your “camera” is on the character your playing.

A good way to visualize this would be to pick Zarya, get close to a wall, and fire at it.

Because Zarya is holding her weapon as her hip and has to aim at an angle for where she’s shooting- if you’re up close to something you can see the beam comes at an angle, and if you’re close enough don’t even actually hit where you’re aiming at.

This is the same for things like hanzo.

In the video he’s aiming pretty far off the targets model

But he’s also pretty damn close to the target- and the arrow is literally intersecting the enemy hero trying to get to where he’s aiming, because of where the arrow is actually coming from off hanzo.

If he stood further back and aimed the same distance off the enemy model, many of the shots thatre hitting up close would miss from afar.

NOT that hanzos projectiles are “small” in my eyes. Sure they’re the “smallest”, but that’s like being the smallest giant. You’re still a giant- and theyre pretty forgiving.

But I digress

Context is always fun to keep in mind.

actually i read that only the middle of the arrow is the actual projectile. the tip and end of the arrow counts as nothing and is only visual.

the arrows are really quite small compared to other projectiles, if hanzo shoots logs then mercys shots are the size of a car.
its really not the size but the high damage that is the problem.

1 Like

They still have this stupid mechanic where they can kill you from the side, meaning if Hanzo misses you you can walk into the arrow from the side and still die

Because compared to its visual, the hitbox is gigantic. Sometimes you miss but get head or bodyshot.

It still has a bigger hitbox than widowmaker’s shot

No. The thing with the projectiles is that the character hitboxes are forgiving and not the projectiles.

1 Like

Fair enough. I cannot argue with that.

They’re skinny logs of course

1 Like

Because all of the facts layed out there. You know that ANYONE can go to the training room and see it, right?

Its like you’ve never seen “shoulder” hits with Hanzo turning into headshots … which happens ALL the time.

With projectiles, you just need to shoot on the vecinity of the head, with hitscans you need to straight up nail the head or its a no-go. In the projectile category, its one of the smallest, but in comparison with hitscan regs, its still MASSIVE.

It is what it is :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Imagine a hero having some of the smallest projectiles in the game, getting nerfed, and still being basically gamebreaking.

Projectile size is just a small part of the whole equation. The headshot hitbox of some chracters can be pretty big and honestly difficult to not hit sometimes. I think hitbox size is different depending on who shoots though? I don’t know how they interact with Hanzo.

A different topic is that Hanzo is capable of Junkrat grenade spam with no reload downtime and the ability to accidentally one-shot someone. All of Hanzo’s arrows do a lot of damage when connecting with a crit-hitbox, not to mention the already high damage they though when they don’t.

And instead of spamming predictably into a choke, Hanzo has the option to activate a wallhack so that he can see exactly when you get around the corner for the quick death.

Add to that the lack of punishment of close range (Widow at least has limited peripheral vision while zoomed in) and you get a hero that is very powerful even by accident.

Sure, his arrows might be the smallest, or at least one of the smallest, projectiles in the game, but there is no punishment to the rest of his kit. Hitting a normal character removes more than half their hp and if Hanzo is lucky all non-tanks die at full health.

The opposite of that would be a low damage projectile that literally can almost never miss (think something similar to Brigitte’s flailing around). That might be better to play against, because you can survive a few shots, but would be terrible for the Hanzo player, because they get the feeling they have no impact since they get no kills.

There is a balance to these things. Right now though, I think that despite the small projectile size, the balance is in favor of Hanzo.

2 Likes

Because McCree and Soldier have much faster rates of fire and not every shot is aimed at the head, and if you do aim at the head you will fire quickly and miss a fair few knowing you still have ammo in the clip.

You cant compare that to a long drawn shot where players know they have to take more time with the single shot they have.

I don’t know if you know how arrows work, but if the tip of an arrow doesn’t hit you but the shaft does, then the arrow doesn’t magically go back in time, redirect itself, and then implant the tip into whatever part of the body that was hit. It would make more sense if the arrow did partial damage if the shaft Hitbox hit the enemy, instead of dealing full damage if the tip misses.

1 Like

The hitreg is awful and delayed, the appearance of ‘logs’ is what happens when he clips your hitbox with the edge of the arrow after you round a corner because of the way the game handles lag.
Also, the arrow isn’t the smallest projectile in the game if you want to get technical. Technically, Orisa’s undeployed shield is.

1 Like

hanzos arrow is the same size as genjis shuriken