Remove Overwatch League

Suuureee… right. Which is why the game has gotten worse as OWL improves instead of the game staying at a decent quality or improving.

You truly believe they were telling the truth when they said they had different teams? I may not be some expert who knows everything about Blizzard, but it’s pretty blatantly obvious they have shifted a majority of their focus towards OWL.

1 Like

its not. theres a reason that you have to apply differently for development of OWL and development of OW

yep the nerfs to doomfist the only hero good against goats was definitely for the pros who all said that doomfist is trash in team play.

1 Like

the game got worse because of casual forum goers crying about dive, which created brig, and led to this current meta.

the game got worse because they listened to the forums.

3 Likes

Well, it’s been painfully obvious that Overwatch was developed as a response to the increased E-Sports marked. And probably wouldn’t have existed hadn’t it been for the lure of profits from that marked. So Blizzard is desperately trying to ram their E-Sports down everyone’s throat, whether they want it or not.

1 Like

its not, that’s why they haven’t gotten back to you.

3 Likes

Wanna try again?

2 Likes

Yes, let them just remove the massive cash cow that theyve spent 2+ years developing. Yes, this will help especially with all the recent layoffs at Blizzard. Fantastic idea!

As someone who’s worked in various development environments both large and small…it’s incredibly rare for a split in a product like OW vs OWL to not divert resources from one place or another.

Even talented developers take awhile to start making a contribution to these types of products, in order to get this up and running they almost definitelly would have needed to take resources familiar with OW’s code base to implement OWL’s features.

How can you possibly claim to know OWL didn’t affect OW’s development?

1 Like

do you wanna try again? seriously this one quote has been twisted so many times its hilarious

4 Likes

Lmao, if you actually READ the post you yourself quoted, you’d maybe see why you look rather silly posting this.

6 Likes

Weird thread. If the players say the game needs to be balanced despite the OWL then why would you say the changes are unnecessary?

1 Like

It’s usually the case for people who haven’t worked for development to not understand how hard it can be to start letting other teams share a codebase. Large teams or small teams, it will effect them. The initial onboarding alone can take weeks or months. I’ve already tried explaining to him that it’s simply not possible for having two separate teams to result in having two completely seperate workloads but he wasn’t having any of it. :laughing:

Doesn’t mean they can’t restructure the development team into … one team :slight_smile: ala minus the owl devs.

I don’t watch Overloser League because… well, why? Watching a bunch of people who’s only skill in life is playing a video game? Sorry, I’m not going to be an enabler.

I want Blizzard to remove that utterly useless OL link from the UI

1 Like

Says some random forum poster that spends their spare time playing that same game after a day of likely doing nothing more intellectually impressive than flipping burgers. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

OWL is literally the only thing keeping Overwatch relevant.

1 Like

If this was true then the devs wouldnt want to balance to remove GOATs yet they are. They are buffing and nerfing to remove it yet GOATs is a Masters and Above issue (OWL) and Jeff said himself that 99.9 percent of people dont play it. So no they have shared goals.

Yawn… I don’t make my living in my moms basement.

Also, I think you are projecting…

/bye

1 Like

[Meanwhile in Blizzard headquarters]

Hey guys, we have actually decided that we are completely shutting down the Overwatch League.

But sir! This is a billion dollar industry! Why would we ever do this? The market is thriving right now!

I’m afraid some low gold player on Blizzard forums named “Tony” told us to.

Say no more, sir.

4 Likes

Owl just brings too much money and sponsorship. If anything they would rather destroy the main game and keep that running… it’s just more profiterable

Even though it destroyed the game… but the only outcome would be everyone just ditches OW. Which I think majority of people are doing now… which in turn would kill OWL… so either way the game is going down the pan