Remove Overwatch League

It’s usually the case for people who haven’t worked for development to not understand how hard it can be to start letting other teams share a codebase. Large teams or small teams, it will effect them. The initial onboarding alone can take weeks or months. I’ve already tried explaining to him that it’s simply not possible for having two separate teams to result in having two completely seperate workloads but he wasn’t having any of it. :laughing:

Doesn’t mean they can’t restructure the development team into … one team :slight_smile: ala minus the owl devs.

I don’t watch Overloser League because… well, why? Watching a bunch of people who’s only skill in life is playing a video game? Sorry, I’m not going to be an enabler.

I want Blizzard to remove that utterly useless OL link from the UI

1 Like

Says some random forum poster that spends their spare time playing that same game after a day of likely doing nothing more intellectually impressive than flipping burgers. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

OWL is literally the only thing keeping Overwatch relevant.

1 Like

If this was true then the devs wouldnt want to balance to remove GOATs yet they are. They are buffing and nerfing to remove it yet GOATs is a Masters and Above issue (OWL) and Jeff said himself that 99.9 percent of people dont play it. So no they have shared goals.

Yawn… I don’t make my living in my moms basement.

Also, I think you are projecting…

/bye

1 Like

[Meanwhile in Blizzard headquarters]

Hey guys, we have actually decided that we are completely shutting down the Overwatch League.

But sir! This is a billion dollar industry! Why would we ever do this? The market is thriving right now!

I’m afraid some low gold player on Blizzard forums named “Tony” told us to.

Say no more, sir.

4 Likes

Owl just brings too much money and sponsorship. If anything they would rather destroy the main game and keep that running… it’s just more profiterable

Even though it destroyed the game… but the only outcome would be everyone just ditches OW. Which I think majority of people are doing now… which in turn would kill OWL… so either way the game is going down the pan

Riiiiiight, I’m sure you’re saving the whales or something equally stimulating at your day job, which is why you roll in here with such eloquent prose as “overloser league”.

Some people clearly enjoy watching eSports, there was no value added in your post.
I’m confident if you listed some of your interests we could find someone around here that thinks they’re a waste of time.

You opted in to a discussion about video games by showing up here. Dumping on good players seems sorta silly. But hey, go on feeling smug if it brightens your day. :smirk:

they are balancing to remove goats because literally every dps hero is useless because of it, not because of OWL. If you sat down and thought for half a second you would be able to see this easily.

I love how you took one section of my whole statement, took it out of context, and insulted me lol. 99.9999% of player base doesn’t even play GOATS. Yet they are trying to balance to remove it because it’s Boring to watch in OWL. The argument wasn’t even about GOATS, it was about a link between Owl devs and reg devs. Someone stated that there is no link between them and the fact that there trying to remove Goats with all these wierd buffs and nerfs shows that there is one.

Sorry, but that just isn’t true.

We’ve been getting heros/maps and other content at the same rate since the game released.

1 Like

Why the moderator note? The developers can’t take criticism? There’s no obscene language in their post. No harassment. No threats. Just “wrong think” I assume.

1 Like

Devs: “We are balancing the game for OWL AND casual players!”

Also devs: looking at OW the game (in Ivan Drago voice) “If it dies, it dies.”

Why…they do so much the forum asked for…
If its good or bad does not matter.

And the call of duty I did not know that. granted when infinity ward was imploding Trearch and sledgehammer had to devote time to MW3.

But it’s not going to be free. :thinking: didn’t the devs say that updates to the game would be free and that loot boxes supported the system. So explain to me why would an expansion not be free when its a game update.

Yall need to sit down and realise OWL is not the reason we have slow balancing, no permanent content, slow lore progression and basically why your main isnt meta and why the game is stale 3 years into its life.

They have the resources to do all of that yet they dont, because they dont want to. Not because of “Muh OWL”.

Eliminating the OWL means 1) Blizz gets no extra resources and 2) You’re firing hundreds of workers that are paying their bills and feeding their family thanks to the OWL because you; Timmy, hate the direction the game is at.

We all been mocking and demonizing blizzard on the forums for laying off 800 workers yet here we are happily hoping the OWL fails and everyone that works there gets laid off too.

3 Likes

lol firing is nothing new to em hots their recent layoffs just kill owl a be done with it