Remove Overwatch League

My bad. The number was actually 30-60 million.

h ttps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2018/08/02/overwatch-league-expansion-wave-begins-in-atlanta-guangzhou/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.548cba3d5f59

Just google it, too. There are many sources that say 30-60 millions for the eight new teams. The founding teams from season one only paid around 10 million from what I remember. It was a gamble at the time, but after a season one that exceeded expectations the price went up.

3 Likes

I was with you until this bit of nonsense. Sure there’s been nerfs that aren’t needed. But the buffs for heroes like Reaper are so they aren’t F tier picks. Then there’s the “low skill = high reward” :roll_eyes: so tired of seeing this on the forums.

Cough cough reaper and junkrat nerfs we’re specifically for the low ranks cough cough

6 Likes

Guess why reaper got buffed to the sky the first time around.

1 Like

Prove it. Show me their faces. Have them come to my doorstep and say “Hi”…ALL OF THEM, all at once.

Stuff like this makes my skin itch under the skin and in the bone. why enhance the too and not the way >.<

Then that makes things even worse LOL

Forums: FIX GOATS ITS RUINING THE GAME

Devs: But Goats isn’t even played outside of the Lea-

Forums : FIX IT

Devs: tries to fix it

Forums: WTF ARE YOU DOING? GOATS IS ONLY IN THE LEAGUE, THIS JUST RUINS THE GAME FOR THE REST OF US

Also Forums: Wait, why aren’t you listening to us anymore? Dumb Blizzard doesn’t care about us, I guess.

10 Likes

100k isn’t a good number of viewers and is a significant drop from the 350k it use to have back during the first week of OWL Season 1.

1 Like

They missed the mark with the reaper buff because he didn’t change at all in the pro scene so they half reverted him and they’re gonna try again with him

Count me in with Jessicka. I enjoy the OWL, I always have.

3 Likes

Obviously. But surely the only reason he was buffed on the first place is to deal with goats. He was already destroying low elo because of this so buffing him even more woudl definitely do no good.

I view it was a mistake. And telling how they half reverted Junkrat’s mega buff they learned their lesson

1 Like

I’m still waiting for the citation for

I’m really curious if that was actually the case.

4 Likes

What lack of updates? We get updates and hero changes pretty often. Buffs, nerfs etc etc.

2 Likes

you have no idea how many people watched week1 of season 2, dont you?

2 Likes

It happens in Plat too my guy, GOATS is dive without effort.

You’re forgetting too that every rank matters. Even the ones you don’t play in.

Regardless, you’re getting balance changes that will switch up the way you play the game. These changes effect everyone, everyone will change the way they play, not just higher ranks.

This is the case for every game out there, why is this a problem?

Oh my god, you’re right! Let’s make hundreds of persons lose their jobs because you’re unhappy about the state of a videogame.

What the hell is wrong with you?

6 Likes

Not just casual, but aggressively casual. Like, people make it a point of pride to be like “I’m not some tryhard that plays to win”. If there was a competitive league for being the most casual, non-tryhard player, these people would just implode from the logical error.

This is only true to a limited extent. Making changes that affect high elo players rarely have an impact on low elo games, but low elo-specific changes often have massive implications when high skill players take advantage of them.

3 Likes

So you don’t think the sweeping balance changes (15 heroes effected) won’t have any or will have limited impact on the way the game is played at a lower elo?