Rate my Mercy reworks

Hi there everyone.

So I have come up with… far too many Mercy reworks. I like all of them, but I am wondering which one is the most popular.

So… if you wouldn’t mind too much, please rate each of these on a scale of 1 through 5 where 1 is you strongly dislike it and 5 is you love it. Thanks.

Edit: I’ve modified some things, clarified some things, and added in Rework #6

Rework #1 Mercy heals for 60 HP/s again.

E becomes an ability that adds 30 HP/s to Mercy’s beam for 3s, 8s CD. Cool down starts after the effect ends.
So, heal beam becomes 90 HP/s and boost beam becomes 30% boost AND 30 HP/s.

Q becomes one instant, single target, 5m range Resurrect. It charges a bit faster than Coalescence.

Valkyrie is gone.

Edit: The feedback I’ve gotten on this one is that it is probably a bit overpowered. If one or a few of the following tweaks happened to this rework I’d be 100% ok with it… in approximately this order.

1. Longer ult charge time.
  2. +25 HP/s on E instead of +30.
  3. E has a 10s CD instead of 8.
  4. E has a duration of 2s instead of 8.
Rework #2 This one only changes Mercy's healing during Valkyrie to be 80 HP/s on the main beam and 50 HP/s on the chains instead of 60 for everyone.

Nothing else changes.

Rework #3 Mercy gets 60 HP/s back.
This rework was initially overly complicated so I am hiding it. Damage boost reworked to instead be enhancement beam. It has one of 3 effects. 30% Damage Boost. 20% Damage Reduction. Cool downs go down ?% faster.

E cycles enhancement beam through the 3 options.

E becomes Damage Reduction beam that provides 20% damage reduction to the allied target.

Valkyrie becomes shorter (8-10s) and doubles the effect of the current beam.
Flight stays, but every other Valkyrie buff goes away.
Valkyrie also unlocks one cast of Resurrect on Q.

Rework #4 Mercy's kit stays the same. The following passive is added though.

Healing Capacitor
While not being used to heal, Mercy’s Caduceus staff stores its healing, up to somewhere between 100 and 150 health.

When the healing beam is reconnected to an allied hero, the Healing Capacitor instantly drains, providing a burst of healing equal to the amount of healing stored.

If Mercy is in Valkyrie when this triggers, all recipients of the chain beams get the same full burst of healing.

Rework #5 60 HP/s beam again.

E remains resurrect.
Resurrect becomes instant.
Resurrect does NOT reset GA.
Resurrect now inflicts a debuff on Mercy that cuts her maximum health down to 120 for 8 seconds (numbers are not set in stone).

Reasoning: Usually getting a pick means the enemy is weak and it is go time. Resurrect undoes that entire situation. With this downside instead of the slow and cast time, a pick still means the enemy is weaker because Mercy has become significantly easier to kill but she no longer has stand and pray for 1.75s whenever she goes for a resurrect.

Valkyrie shortened to 10s. Maybe 8s.
Valkyrie’s chain beams removed.
Valkyrie’s beam length buff removed.
Valkyrie now doubles the strength of whichever beam is in use. (120 HP/s or 60% boost)

Rework #6 Mercy heals for 60 HP/s again.

Either no E or a very very weak one. You’ll see why in a second.

Q becomes what I’ve nicknamed “Blade Resurrect” because it is sorta mechanically similar to Dragon Blade.
For 6? (maybe less) seconds Mercy’s normal weapons are replaced with melee range, very short cast time Resurrects. Each successful Resurrect resets GA.

This is my attempt to sort of bring back Multi Resurrect without the lack of counter play the old one had… without saddling it with annoying cast times or LoS restrictions (seriously LoS in this game is bad. DVa bomb blocked by a post anyone?).

9 Likes

I adore the simplicity of rework 1. It’s actually quite beautiful and would make Mercy fun to play and give her a “heroic moment” that every hero deserves to have.

It also makes you earn rez and is neither mass-rez nor rez on E.

I LOVE IT.

The other rework ideas are a bit too different for my tastes.

2 Likes

Don’t worry about MeTooThanks. He’s just a toxic player. I’ll give you my actual opinion.

Rework #1 sounds good but maybe a bit too op.

Rework #2 is more of a buff than anything but a really good buff at that. Hopefully not too strong but pretty good.

Rework #3 sounds waaaay too op. I can’t lie. Damage boost would definitely be busted.

Rework #4 adds more skill into Mercy’s kit and allows her to have that burst she doesn’t have. A-Ok in my book.

Rework #5 I personally don’t like that idea. Mercy is already the main target in a team fight, so when she resurrects an ally, she will most likely die. Plus instant Rez on an ability has zero counter play.

I can tell you’re passionate about Mercy. I like your ideas. Keep up the creativity.

5 Likes

The only one I can say I like with no tweaks is number 2. Number 5 is was good until the debut to mercy during rez. I’d rather instead of instant, make it a little bit faster but give her damage resistance. Also with the valk length nerf. Take out those two and combine 2 and 5 and it’ll be good.

Ahhh, I replied to MeToo on another thread too… makes more sense now.

Rework #1 I agree with LilJinx, sounds like you’d be popping out Rezzes left and right. I think it’d be cool to see it in action though, maybe with some number tweaking.

Rework #2 I like the idea of beam prioritization being incorporated into Valk, still feel like Valk in general would be shut down pretty hard vs other ults. Interesting idea though.

Rework #3 I think Blizzard wants to keep Mercy as a rather simple, easy to get into hero, and I’m sure this is one of the last things they’d be willing to do to her. No offense, I think it seems really cool, but it’s just not Mercy.

Rework #4 Actually sounds pretty cool, but I don’t think we should keep adding things that encourage the “go to, reliable main healer” to stop healing.

Rework #5 I don’t know. I’m very against penalizing Mercy for using the core of her identity. Feels like a lot of flankers would love to see a rez, and Mercy would love to fly and hide somewhere during a debuff. Again, encouraging her to maybe stop healing? I could be wrong. Also 120hps and 60% boost sounds… insane… XD

I agree with LilJinx again though, very creative! I love your ideas, and I think you should keep using your talent :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Some really strong arguments there,damn.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve always kind of liked #1 for its simple elegance.

I am a little surprised you put #2 into this bucket seeing that it is the simplest, closest to her current state of the 5.

Arguing why Mercy shouldn’t be reworked is a lost cause on this forum.

I like #1, #2 and #5, in no particular order.

-1000/10
-10/10 I’m down for some number tweeks
-1000/10
-1000/10
-1000/10
Pretty much

Here are my actual thoughts
1#-I like it,but I don’t know about dmg boost healing.
2# I don’t think this really solves anything
3# This is straight up OP.
4# This makes Mercy’s pocket target too powerful.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback.

#1. I may have overshot the numbers where it would be balanced. On the upside, there’s ways to work with it. Make Q charge a bit slower, make E give +25 HP/s, make E last 2 seconds, make E have a 10s CD. That sort of thing.

#3. How would the enhancement beam be busted? I think you didn’t notice that the beam only gives 1 of the 3 buffs at a time? Maybe? If I’m wrong in that guess please explain.

#5. The ability to easily insta kill Mercy post Res is supposed to be the counter play to the instant resurrect. You kill a guy, Mercy uses res, you easily kill Mercy… the enemy team is still down 1. Probably a more useful 1 at that. I do understand where you are coming from with this though. This one is probably my most out there rework.

Then how about… don’t bother clicking on the thread? If you aren’t going to provide anything constructive, and refuse to even read OP’s post then don’t bother commenting. You just make yourself look childish and stupid.

2 Likes

Jeez, dude. The rude people instantly putting negative numbers…

Anyways…

Rework 1: 3. A little less (2.75) if the E goes on CD right away, a little more (3.25) if the ability goes on CD after it ends, as it seems a bit powerful. Might want to change it to 20HP/s more instead of 30 and that would probably boost it to a 3.6.

Rework 2: 4.2 This seems to be the most reasonable rework. She really doesn’t need much to be good and still have alternative healers.

Rework 3: 1.6 It’s far too complicated. Mercy is meant to be accessible and low skill floor. Plus the damage reduction seems trivial, you might as well just use the healing beam instead. And the cooldown reductions is a dangerous game to play, and should go on a new healer if anything.

Rework 4: 2 Mercy is not designed, nor should she be a burst healer. It would likely push out Ana (and possible Zen) as nearly unplayable or near throw pick.

Rework 5: 2.4 Instant rez is a bad idea. There was a big reason it got the 1.75 cast time in the first place. So that it has counterplay and doesn’t mean the big time widow pickoff is completely undone. Nor does it mean you can instantly bring back a 600HP target without counterplay.

Overall the first 2 seem the most balanced, and with a couple number tweaks could be really successful.

Hey man, I’m just trying to adapt alright.

#3. No offense taken. That rework was the result of me saying to myself “The main skill in Mercy’s kit is answering the question ‘Who needs which beam the most right now?’. How do I double down on that?” It is entirely possible that I made things way too complicated.

#4 I can see that. In a sense she’s… sort of still healing? But yeah I can see that.

#5 One could argue that the current restriction of 1.75s cast time and slow is also a pretty big penalty. This one at least you can potentially minimize via skillful positioning and awareness since you never lose (most) control of your character. You aren’t necessarily wrong though.
Side note, this thing’s Valkyrie would be 120 HP/s OR 60% boost. As a comparison, Coalescence can do 140 HP/s AND 70 DPs potentially to multiple targets. I think it’d be fine. If it’s not, they could undo the charge rate buff.

Completely agree, the penalty on her identity is a large part of why I don’t like her current state.
Maybe something like she loses some hp and gets an “anti-shell”? (I really like the idea of a shell for some reason). Meaning, say she loses the 80hp and it turns into the shell thing. If she gets healed 80hp, her hp is still 120hp, but now she can be actually healed… if that makes sense? With her natural 20hp/s, it would take the 8 seconds but you wouldn’t be frozen at max 120 for so long? That would reward better teamplay at least. But again, I don’t know haha.
And I get the coalescence comparison. But Mercy enables dps characters, so I’d be afraid to see like Pine’s McCree that can basically not die with 120hp/s and get’s a 60% damage boost when he’s not pressured haha.

I must admit I am not following the anti shell idea.

That’s fair.

Circling back around to #3 for a bit… what if it was…
Left Click: Heal Beam
Right Click: Boost Beam
E: Damage Resist Beam
That should still get at what I was going for while not being as complex.

We’ll discuss anti-shells another time :stuck_out_tongue: I’m not very good at explaining haha.

But with those changes to #3, I would just ask, when would I use the damage resist beam? It’s probably a dumb question, but when would it be above healing? Or if they’re at full hp, damage boost?

Here is mine.

Primary fire: Beam
Secondary fire: Gun (interrupts beam obviously)
Ability 1: GA, nothing changes
Ability 2: Toggle beam type (healing or dmg boost)
Ultimate: Single rez.