Mercy buffs that wouldn't break the game

Like Lucio’s Amp It Up…
She needs something other.

God we really need the beam to not disconnect when you press Q. I don’t know how many times I lost the teammate I was healing because it disconnected. In this game, sometimes even the shortest disconnect can cause you to lose a game.

3 Likes

I have always liked the idea of ability on E. I would like Mercy to have a resource meter that is filled during healing and can be spent on invulnerability to conditions and/or CC for the target of the beam and Mercy itself. The resource must have decay and the maximum duration of immunity must be 2s. The ability must have a small cooldown to avoid spam.

But I’m not sure that this ability will not make Mercy mandatory. On the other hand, it is simply inferior version of Zarya’s bubble. And the amount of healing required to fill the meter can be quite large. So this may be what she needs.

1 Like

Its not so much about losing the healing numbers, its about keeping a hero above the Kill Threshold because all it takes is for McCree to land a bodyshot on a hero below 70 hp to get that kill.

So if you stop healing for a moment its enough for an Opportunistic McCree or Widoe to vonfirm that kill.

1 Like

This is a pretty good QoL change. I would love to see this added

I’m not sure how I feel about this.
15m is close to the size of Mei’s ultimate radius. That’s pretty large.

I also think Mercy doesn’t need this. She isn’t exactly unbalanced or F-tier.

I think I rather not have a AOE healing on Mercy when she rez someone.

Rez is a high risk high reward ability. Your teammates depends on you as a healer, but you should also depends on them for protection, especially during a rez.

Maybe.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I’m not sure if Mercy needs a healing buff. Her average healing is already on par with other main healers. If Mercy’s healing is buffed, then I think she may need to have some drawback as well.

It’s a boost to a single target beam vs a AoE heal. I think that would make it feel different enough.

But… if that rework isn’t to your liking, I have 5 more.

MeRcY iS fInE aNd Is BaLaNcEd

1 Like

Lmao. I agree, I enjoy current Mercy and over time I’ve come to terms with the fact she’s not going to change majorly and learned to simply enjoy her to the fullest. Just think some QoL changes would be nice and a heal buff.

Beam during ultimate should give both damage buff and healing.

Mercy has +10 HPS when ulting, and that is applied to anyone attached to her beam. It’s actually better to ult to keep a tank up.

However, the only real inconvenience is the sum-odd millisecond cast time that they might die during. Rare, but can happen.

1. You’re not suppose to solo heal in this game.
  2. No, her healing is really fine. She doesn’t need any oomf in it.

Same as above, her healing is fine.

And actually the less she’s damage boosting, the better. Ashe and Widow pockets are now worse than Pharmercy.

Forgot to mention the heal wouldn’t go on Mercy!! Lol. This is mainly not to help out Mercy, but help her team. Due to the cast time, there are many times other teammates will die and I really dislike that, so a healing aura around her that helps out her teammates would actually encourage protection around her and give her more healing utility. It could also heal for less, since it is an AoE heal.
I also didn’t know what size to put. I knew 15m was big but didn’t know how big, but maybe 8-10m would work? I’m not a developer so idk.

Mercy needs a Mass cleanse as an ultimate. Removes and protects from all types of CC and debuffs but not dmg.

These seem reasonable. I’ve wanted the healing aura during res since it got the slow down added so that would be really helpful. Really though these are all things I would love to see her for her.

1 Like

so you want a buff… (me too)

If it’s the Tracer model, then it stands to reason that as an inverse pulse bomb it would be an AoE rez with a reeeeally small radius. Something around the rez range that all heroes get in the Archives event.

I’d actually like that, it would be great for “oh cram our tank died” tempo rezzes, but useless for stupid glory hounds who want to wait behind a corner instead of doing their job and healing.

1 Like

If her Rez was instant and singular, I do hope the ult charge is changed appropriately.

Pretty much, I’d expect it would charge pretty quickly.

may as well make it single target.

Last thing we want to hear is “everyone die on top of their Orisa”

People freak out about multirez, so, there isn’t a reason to even entertain the idea. just let it be single target, which very small are is functionally equivalent to anyway.

The issue is that Rez is iconic, and blizzard has stated that they are not putting out a mercy without rez.

So, if single target rez is in her kit, you should have it as their ult.

cleanse as a ‘e’ with lingering protection may work.

1 Like

Of course we don’t want to hear something like that, but people will try something so silly… at least when it’s new and everyone is in the “experimentation” stage. Once they find out that it isn’t a viable strat, they’ll stop.

This has always been my preffered concept for a Mercy E. She’s an angel and a doctor, it makes sense for her to be able to protect her teammates from nasty ailments. They could call it something like “Vaccine”.

1 Like

And this is such a problem because we have a several characters thats balanced around one gimmick and its not good for them.
Sym with her potentially highest sustain dmg.
Mercy with her Rez.
Doom with his punch.
Pharrah with her flight.
Sombra with her hack.

Mercy out heals ana in every rank. Just an FYI.