Valkyrie Mercy | How is Valkyrie Impactful to YOU?

Half the time when I have Valkyrie available, I pop it simply to heal my tanks up at a decent pace so it’s quicker, even outside of combat with no enemies around

Thanks…

Not impactful at all tbh. If they are going to leave it as is they can at least lower the cost of ultimate charge so we can get it more often.

You do the same thing when not Valking, except now you’re deciding which group, instead of which individual. Its less choices, than a none valking Mercy. Also her increased survivability means even positioning matters less.

1 Like

To me Valkyrie is just a slightly more powerful E ability and nothing more. I’d rather see mass resurrect return and Valkyrie watered down into an E ability which won’t be hard since it’s not that powerful to begin with.

3 Likes

It is impactful if I manage to either get kills or bait an enemy into over committing to kill me and they end up dying instead.

Nothing.

No. Mass Resurrect was far better despite its flaws. Valkyrie is… not an ultimate. It is more akin to 2 Es and 2 passives glued together.

Yes. They are way too long to type here… so here’s links.

Most Recent
6 item list of reworks

1 Like

If it is not impactful at all there is no value in getting it faster, or at all for that matter

1 Like

When used well, it makes Mercy extremely difficult to kill.

I am not a fan of Valk, but one way it’s impactful is just keeping Mercy alive without the threat of being dove.

I find it to be the most unsatisfying ability to use in the whole game; don’t care about whether it is good enough to be meta or not when its too boring to use in the first place.

5 Likes

If you use GA well, it’s not a problem. Sustaining team, on the other hand…

What’s the point of staying alive, if it means everyone else dying?

1 Like
  1. It’s pretty weak and very team dependent. Yes, pulling out the blaster can make some direct impact, but cmon, it doesn’t match Mercy’s attitude. The only powerful thing that Valk gives is making Mercy very hard to kill. But… Regular GAing already provides it, especially with super jump.
  2. Movement and chain beams. Yes, chain beams are awesome, but outside of damage boosting are weak.
  3. When i starded playing OW, there was a version with possibility to make 2 insta-rezzes in valk. It was really cool and very impactive because of her rez being actually valuable and Valk still provided working with teammates that are alive.
  4. I want main healing beam in Valk to have more healing power.
1 Like

Props. This is a good approach to a thread.

Valkyrie is impactful to me in the sense it allows me to enable my team mates to achieve their individual goals, increasing my own ability to remain alive and basically become an unkillable target, and enable myself to take initiative into my own hands via pistol or mobility.

The free flight mechanic afforded via Valk along with the GA speed increase allows me to quickly respond to any given situation when it comes to the supporting of my team mates. If required, I can also pop the pistol and take things into my own hands.

The ability to have a rolling 30% damage increase, imo, is huge and very versatile. If we move from the objective I can still apply that benefit. By managing my central or main target of the beam, I can given any situation make sure that those needing healing are getting it, or that those needing dmg boost are enabled to push forward and gain ground.

For me, Valk is impact due to it’s ability to provide for the team reliably, while enabling my own moves. I’d love for it to empower rez, but I understand why there may be hesitation in that area, as Rez is so powerful.

Covered that above well enough imo.

Current Valkyrie is indeed my favorite version of her ultimate. That doesn’t mean I don’t feel it could use changes, it just means that when I take into consideration the game as a whole and the gameplay experience of those around me, it seems like the best (thus far) version.

Megadodo’s big main little chain comes to mind, as well as potentially reduction on weapon swap, and increase in range or reduction in cast time when it comes to Rez. I’d ideally want it to be a 10-12s type duration ult that then includes an “empowerment” of Rez. Be it increased range or reduction in cast time/movement speed. I don’t see the movement speed as a HUGE factor for me, I’d much prefer a reduction in cast time or increase in range.

As a former tank player totally worth it

Imagine getting a 6k shatter and mercy swoops in just rezzing them all

Yeah no thanks would rather have low healing

1 Like

Tfw Mercy’s in Wakanda trying to get the Mind Stone out of Vision for a big 10D underwater Mahjong play that results in her getting erased on entry. So many feels, such shame…

Valk is about as useful as trying to put out a oil fire with water

2 Likes

Hyperbole is about as helpful as trying to run a marathon after shooting yourself in the foot in order to signal the start of it.

2 Likes

A few things to that-

If its a 6 man shatter, that means Mercy is in that shatter. If you didn’t target the healers first in a shatter, you and your DPS have bad game sense and practically threw away an ultimate by not targeting someone who can bring a whole team back (potentially).

Second, the chances of getting off a 5 man rez was about as rare as gold. I’ve only ever gotten 2 5 man rezzes in my two years of playing Overwatch when she was actually worth playing. People tend to fantasize every resurrection always brought back 5 heroes, when in all reality it usually brought back 2, maybe 3 if you’re lucky or depending if the enemy team all decided to die together.

Third, an ultimate for an ultimate. Its a fair trade. I dont see any issue with it considering Mercys ult was an answer to ult spam, which is ironically an issue the game faces today. I wonder why? :thinking:

Aaand fourth, you’re a former tank main like you said. That leads me to assume that you dont know just how bad Mercys healing is with tanks today, which is like waiting for paint to dry if you’re a Hammond or Reinhardt. Its annoying.

8 Likes

If I have Valkyrie R.I.P to the enemy widow

And if you did, Mass Rez is pointless.

Enemy team all decided to die together? Huh?

1:1 eh?

Wait what? Ult spam means more than 1 ult… So how is it ult for ult now???

Which, ironically, Mass Rez fails to address due to your first paragraph. If they target the healers first in that ult spam… Rip the counter to ult spam…

Ikr? Like nothing I just addressed makes any sense.

Truth. It’s like people just regurgitate talking points instead of trying to understand the game. Annoying stuff.

ANYWAYSSSSSSSSS.

I think the best approach to adjusting Valk is the reduction of duration, with an increase to the power (including an effect on Rez itself) and then seeing how that goes. Not so much a balance adjust as just a change in how it “feels” for those that are desiring that.

What I feel Valkyrie lacks is the “clutch save potential”. Like, I don’t need to save the whole team, but I’d like to be able to save at least one.

For example, I was playing Moira and we ran into OT. Our Lucio was trying to contest, but their Torbjörn put his ult on and around the payload. So I solo-ulted the Lucio and managed to keep him alive through the lava and other damage, making sure he felt confident staying on the objective long enough for the rest of the team to arrive and help. I think most would agree that Coalescence isn’t the best ultimate, but ensuring that Lucio’s survival made me feel great. The same game I also could use my ult to clutch-save our tank about to go down. I miss this with Mercy, because the 10 hps boost doesn’t really make much of a difference.

I feel like Valkyrie is actually more for me than my team, to make my job easier, and I want to be there for them while also showing what I can do.

6 Likes