PS4/Telstra ISP - Australian Disconnection Issues (LC-202 / BC-101)

So, I keep getting error LC-202 on my ps4.
I’ve checked my connection and everything seems to be good? All my other online games seem to work fine except for Overwatch.
I’m constantly getting disconnected and getting either this error or BC-101.
It seems to be happening to a few people…

6 Likes

Hey there,

Wanted to make sure we had a thread up for you folks in Australia, so I’ve changed the title of this one. We’ve gotten more reports for players in Australia on PS4 specifically, and are trying to get some more information on it. Since you’re on PS4 we’ve got some limits on what types of tests we can run, but we can try a few things.

PLEASE NOTE - if you are not in Australia and not playing on PS4, you are having a different issue and should post in your own thread. Posts which don’t meet these criteria may be moved to their own thread or deleted.

For those of you who are on PS4/In Australia, let’s get some more info.

1. Do these disconnections happen at a certain time of day, or consistently?
  2. How frequently do they happen?
  3. What is your ISP?
  4. If you have access to a mobile phone with a tethering option - can you connect your PS4 to your phone and see if the problem stops? Please ensure that you disconnect your phone from your local wifi when attempting this work around or it won’t provide the correct information.
3 Likes
  1. Literally consistently - sometimes bc-101 on sign in then you try again and it will sign in but then drop out about 5 mins later with lc-202. Late yesterday we were continuously getting bc-101 and could not even use the game.

2. Every 5 mins

3. Belong which is run of Telstra network

4.already tried this a week ago same outcomes.

It appears you atleast recognise the issue now which is great. This all started since the latest update for me (just over a week ago)

Thanks

6 Likes

Also I have not qued for competitive since the issue started yet I have a 14 match xp penalty for leaving when I have only been playing quick play… I thought you didn’t get penalised for quick play? - just to be clear don’t give a **** about the penalty just providing info in case it’s linked

2 Likes

All times of day - consistently
Every few minutes
Telstra
Phones in Telstra Mobile - Same issues.

Please attempt to address this quickly, or extend Archives for us.

Also being penalised for leaving early in QP.

Thank you.

1. Consistently, but it’s always the same error message for me, LC-202.

2. After a few minutes of being in overwatch it disconnects me

3. Telstra

4. Doesn’t work

It started on Friday for me and hasn’t stopped since.

Thanks

Also getting penalties like the others for disconnecting

1. The connection issues have been happening constantly for at least a few days.
  2. I can usually get into overwatch but get disconnected in less than 5 minutes error LC-202
  3. foxtel also ran by telstra
  4. do not have access to tethering option
  1. Issues have been occurring consistently since Thursday or Friday.
  2. Issues occur consistently. I often have problems even logging in (get the 101 error). If I do get in, I will get disconnected (LC-202 error) within a minute or two of getting into the game.
  3. ISP is Telstra.
  4. Have tried my phone internet (ISP is Optus) but have the same issue.

Have also tried changing DNS settings, restarting console multiple times, restarting wifi router etc and still cannot connect/stay connected.

Overwatch is the only game I am having issues with, all other online games have no connectivity issues whatsoever.

1. Consistently at all times of the day.
  2. They’ve become increasingly more frequent as the days have passed. I’m lucky to stay in for a couple of minutes before seeing a giant red disconnect symbol plastered across my screen and getting an LC-202 error.
  3. Telstra
  4. If connecting to internet via personal hotspot on my phone (Optus 4G), I’m able to play, albeit with minor connection and movement issues. I do not get kicked.

Hey again all,

We’re getting different answers for step 4 here, so I edited the instructions to make them more clear. For those who tried step 4 before but did not disconnect their phone from their wifi, can you re test for me using the updated instructions? We need you all to temporarily test on data to ensure we’re on a different network, since most players with this issue are going through specific ISPs. Please be advised that you don’t want to download anything on data - only play a quick match at most and see if the connection is more stable.

Once my phone was disconnected from Wifi, I was able to log into the game and play an entire game without disconnecting whilst connected to my phone hotspot. Phone is Optus 5G.

1. Happens at all times of day. Have tried morning, evening and late at night.
  2. Disconnections happening every minute or two (Lost connection to game server LC-202)
  3. ISP is Belong
  4. Tethered from my phone - 4G Telstra network. Same problem. Disconnected after 2 minutes. Same error message (LC-202)

Hope you find a fix ASAP! Social isolation without Overwatch ain’t too fun.

I tried tethering with optus 4G it worked and wasn’t disconnecting

A post was split to a new topic: Umami - Connectivity issues

1. Disconnections happen at any time of day
  2. Sometimes I can get in and play a couple games without it disconnecting, other times I can’t be in game for more than 2 minutes without being disconnected
  3. Telstra
  4. Don’t have a device I can tether from to check
1 Like
  1. Consistently throughout the day and night.
  2. Every 5 minutes, including being logged into the game and not playing.
  3. Telstra.
  4. Disconnected phone from local WiFi and connected to my 4G data tethering also on Telstra, also being disconnected.

Additional information… this started happening to me from 21st March 2020, 7 PM AEDT onwards. I was not having any issues the same day, that morning. There was a very brief message stating that a “patch” was applied when I started Overwatch and logged in at 7 PM.

Steps I’ve tried:

• Restarting my PS4 / turning off
  • Restarting my router
  • Changing to WiFi, Ethernet, mobile tethering (all on Telstra unfortunately)
  • Changing my PS4 LAN DNS to 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4
  • Disconnecting my battle.net account from my PS4
  • Reconnecting my battle.net account from my PS4
  • Deleting Overwatch all together and reinstalling
5 Likes

Tethered my Telstra 4g and got consistent disconnects

1 Like

It disconnects about 1 minute and 30 seconds in the game with LC-202
It happens on every match I play.
ISP is Belong
I’ve tried disconnecting, reconnecting everything from the modem to link account.
None of them seems to work

Hey Drakuloth,

1. The disconnections are constant, I’m lucky to even load into a game.
  2. Every 5 minutes or so. Sometimes as soon as you successfully sign in to the game the connection will drop.
  3. Belong, I think they might be apart of Telstra. Not too sure.
  4. I’ve attempted this multiple times and the problem persists.

I hope the answers help, thank you for acknowledging the problem. We hope to get a solution soon.

-Tyler