PS4/Telstra ISP - Australian Disconnection Issues (LC-202 / BC-101)

1.Consistently.Can’t even play a full match without it disconnecting.No issues prior to the recent update.
2.Always.Every couple of minutes.
3. Telstra
4. No tethering option

1. Consistently may be able to play 1 minute in a match
  2. Every 2 to 3 minutes
  3. Telstra
  4. No no phone tethering option
    It starting to get worst every day

Hey again folks,

Thanks for all the data so far, I’ve collected all of this and it seems that 100% of players with this specific issue are on Telstra Internet or a subsidiary company of Telstra. (Keep in mind that not all PS4 DCs with these error codes will be related to this issue, there is just a current problem in Australia that we are investigating.)

I’m updating the thread title to reflect this and forwarding this information along to other folks. Let’s continue posting these details in case our network people need it.

5 Likes

I’ve just played 3 games in a row… is it fixed?

Having this issue aswell on ps4. Only get to play a match for 2 mins then kicks me and logs me out everytime.Yes I’m with Telstra internet aswell.

get some more info.

1. Do these disconnections happen at a certain time of day, or consistently?
    It happens every time I log in, and also join a game. Which has resulted to a season ban because I’ve been kicked out every time I join competitive play

2. How frequently do they happen?
    All the time

3. What is your ISP?
    Telstra

4. If you have access to a mobile phone with a tethering option - can you connect your PS4 to your phone and see if the problem stops?
    Please ensure that you disconnect your phone from your local wifi when attempting this work around or it won’t provide the correct information.

1: Consistently whether day or night
2. All the time - Cannot play a game. Sometimes cannot get to main menu, otherwise can’t queue for games. Either BC-101 or LC-202 error
3. Telstra
4. No phone tethering

Definitely not, just tried logging in again and was kicked within seconds

• Do these disconnections happen at a certain time of day, or consistently?
    They dont stop, no matter what gamemode, no matter when. But they never happen on other games.
  • How frequently do they happen?
    Every 5 - 10 minutes, even on the title screen
  • What is your ISP?
    Tesltra

1-2. It will consistently disconnect at any time of day/night.
3.Telstra
4. Can’t tether my phone.

1. All day - can be at night, in morning, etc.
  2. Every game. Seriously. Every game I get disconnected
  3. I’m with Telstra
  4. No, does not fix

I now have a 20 game penalty because of this. I want to play so badly but it is unplayable. Literally every game I disconnect.

1 Like
  1. Disconnections happens all the time and I have been penalized for 13 games now.

2. Every 2 minutes.

3. Telstra

4. Nope

I live in Perth Australia I am with Telstra. My internet speed is always 30mbps+ (download) and 10+ (upload). Usually in the first minute of every game I get sent back to login with either error LC202 or BC101. I usually see at least 2-3 more people “leaving the game” in the first 30 seconds but you can tell that they disconnect because they’re moving and/or shooting. The strangest thing is the lack of Ping increase and lag spike. My Latency is always between 75-80 (the usual for me) and I get no increase whatsoever just an instant kick from the game. In all of these games I have been in a party at the same time and I haven’t been kicked or lagged out when I get kicked from OW. Might be a PSN issue because according to my brother FIFA 20 continues to disconnect regularly but he also doesn’t get kicked from his parties. This issue is mind boggling and I hope it gets fixed cause I have no clue what to do.

3 Likes
  1. All the time
    2.Every two minutes after I log into overwatch.
    3.Telstra
    4.When I connected it to my phone I had the same problems. I’m on Telstra.
1 Like

That’s a great deal of information. Thank you for sharing it with us.

The same issues seem to be happening with all of us.

Telstra. Not kicked from ps4 party chat. Same error codes. Only generally with Blizzard titles. I can confirm times between midday and midnight - from Tasmania, AEST I believe.

I did find that PS4 Party chat was much clearer than in-game chat recently.
These events started happening to me during week one of the archives event.

I “think” I was able to get through a fair few games of archives Co-Op missions. And remember thinking that I would stop playing late one night to attempt it the next day… And then my friends and I were getting kicked all over the show.

So, off a guess it was early to mid week one, when these issues started occuring.

I also somehow managed to complete an archives challenge event today. was kicked a little beforehand. After completing it, I couldn’t get 2 mins into a game.

Also, this might just be a game thing. but I rejoined my group’s archive game, - could only spectate sadly. but was “kicked for inactivity” when I had been spectating - waiting to rejoin the game.

1. All the time
    2.Every two minutes after I Get into a game.
    3.Telstra
    4.When I connected it to my phone I had the same problems. I’m on Telstra.

Can I please remind not to play competitive, I’m still getting players leaving matches and it’s frustrating.

1. This is happening consistently
  2. Every few minutes and once I’ve been disconnected I have to completely close overwatch on my ps4 just to get to the main screen again
  3. Telstra
  4. I connected my PS4 to my phone (Amaysim which piggybacks off the Optus network) and I didn’t get disconnected at all
1 Like
  1. Consistently throughout the day
  2. Within a few minutes of connecting to the game, can’t get past spawn
  3. Telstra
  4. Tethered to mobile No wifi which is also with Telstra, And same response disconnected almost immediately.
1 Like