Umami - Connectivity issues

Hey guys im a network engineer

I usually tether with my vodafone 4g and the issue is still apparent on pc. The disconnection happens inconsistently however when i change my dns server to google 8.8.8.8 it works fine.

Hope this helps

Heya Umami,

Thanks for trying to provide some insight, though I’m afraid this isn’t going to be particularly helpful for the players who were in that thread. Those players are on PS4 and primarily on Telia, whereas you operate primarily off a different ISP. The biggest issue however is that they don’t have an easy way of changing their DNS other than getting into their router, which is a bit more advanced than you’d typically want to walk a console player through. (The interface to mess with this is better for PC.)

I’ll keep the information in mind, but I currently suspect we have two different issues right now - with yours being different. If you’re still having trouble over your main DNS, can you run winMTR from your PC and catch a DC for me? We can use that to look for informaiton on why you’re losing connection with your default DNS. If you post those results I can give it a look.