Pink Mercy is coming back?

I think in general we agree, however I do think…as an extreme example, that the wealth that Hitler amassed deserved to go towards helping all the people he hurt. I think that applies to virtually every level of wrong doing and restitution. Harassers deserve to donate to harassment help groups. Rapists deserve to donate to rape victims. Thieves deserve to donate to their victims.

Again, that’s a different concept.

And yes we do agree on generals here!

But again, we are talking about two different things. I am talking about oranges, and you keep bringing apples. Like I get it that they are both fruits, but both are really different.

Because yes, I won’t mind Blizzard taking a cut of their profit and donating it to BCRF on their own volition. But that will be a different thing than BCRF working together with Blizzard.

Anyway at this point we are talking in circles, since it is two different things. Cheers!

Call me selfish, but I would accept donations from the most vile people that humanity has ever seen for my loved ones that died to cancer to have had longer lives.

I just stated as such in the fragment you quoted :sweat_smile:

Well, I didn’t use words that strong, but the message is pretty much the same (-;

You’re one of the good people here, Trickster.

1 Like

look, I think the problem isn’t the ethics of how it should return (which is for a good cause anyway) or the actual quality of the skin. There is a much more serious problem:

the community’s frivolous insistence would win.

it’s the same principle as the child who cries loudly because the parent doesn’t buy him ice cream: “I cry until I get a result”. So let’s be honest: what would happen the moment Mercy pink returns? the thought process would just be “then we won, we ONLY need to complain”, even when there are very clear recent messages from blizzard that they have no intention of bringing back mercy pink soon:

AGO 21, 2023: https://twitter.com/OhReallyJared/status/1693693200425484363?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

APR 6, 2023 : https://twitter.com/OhReallyJared/status/1644012808949100545

APR Anniversary event, 2022: Community Update - 2022 in-game events (retail) - #28 by AndyB-11735

The fact that despite these official responses were not enough to stop this forum and social media from spamming “bring back mercy pink” with even smurfer accounts publishing a topic every month on the desire to have mercy pink back (and I’m not joking, after a while they also recognizable)… is toxic. and also rather annoying to see, because very often they don’t even have the decency to attach a link to the donations, or worse still they DO NOT mention them but then say “but no, it’s for that charity, what do you say? :roll_eyes:”.

I once agreed for the return of this skin. but especially in the last year, given how the community behaves despite the official declarations… it would be harmful: people who, knowing about the exclusivity, would buy it to RESELL the accounts with this skin (let’s not pretend that it wouldn’t happen), people who will say " ok, now let’s do the same thing with the blizzcon" skins or other various skins. And don’t think that bringing back Mercy pink for a limited period will stop the complaints. there will always be someone who comes later and complains that she wasn’t in the game at that moment, and he will now know the secret ingredient to having her: complain.

Frankly, the first thing that needs to calm down is the “waifuness” of this community towards Mercy, it is shameful and sometimes “slimy” in its insistence / desperation. This is why, :point_right:RESPECTFULLY :point_left:, I feel that the only currently right answer to give is this, for at least a year since the last official statement on Mercy pink (Aug 2023):

(warning with audio, take it low :sound:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_rAaI_xqfg

3 Likes

there is no frivolous and there is no insistence involved here

as for frivolity, those who would like to see the skin return and speak to it in threads like this one do not take it as a frivolous thing. They are willing to spend time talking seriously (not frivolously) about the subject and have doen so steadily over a long period of time

as for insistence, no, there is no insistence here. There is asking, same as one might ask for anything one wishes to obtain, whether than be the strawberries on sale at the supermarket or a nice skin in an online game. Asking is an entirely different thing from insisting.

so I disagree strongly with pretty much everything that was said in the post quoted above

also: there are a lot of attacking words in the quoted statement: shameful. slimy. desperation. etc. None of this is truthful, and all of this appears to be little more than an open attack on fellow forum members who simply wish to legitimately acquire something that nearly 900 thousand folks did acquire back in 2018. Attacks like this are against the spirit and rules of this forum and as such, they should cease.

finally…the actual winner, should the skin return, is the warchest for cancer research

No charity wants to associate with an abusive company like this lmao

2 Likes

The BCRF has already stated - multiple times, in writing, and recently - that they’d like to see the offer return

ok, and the request was followed by 3 official, recent and clear responses, I also quoted them directly with links of the source :point_down::

AGO 21, 2023: https://twitter.com/OhReallyJared/status/1693693200425484363?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

APR 6, 2023 : https://twitter.com/OhReallyJared/status/1644012808949100545

APR Anniversary event, 2022: Community Update - 2022 in-game events (retail) - #28 by AndyB-11735

maybe I used words that were a little too mean… but it’s true that this community has a BIG waifuness problem on mercy pink (well, actually about mercy in general). The fact of making a donation is not diminished in the slightest… but all this insistence related to a skin is not very normal, so much so that I never see people proposing slightly more things like “let’s propose a themed skin for this other type of charity”, which for example in the WoW community happens without any type of fixation for the exclusive charity prizes lost years ago for similar causes.

FOR NOW there are no plans to release that skin, and aside from those concerns I mentioned about “whining = winning”… what’s the bottom line for now? nothing, this spamming only leads to arguments between people who insist on the return of the skin with nice words about charity (regardless of whether they have ever done it or not, it doesn’t matter) and malicious people who will wear that skin just to see envy in the forum. I just saw a topic about it today, almost deliberately provocative.

and yes… it’s an INSISTENCE.
I ask you to prove that not a single post has been posted in this forum whining about the return of this skin for a month: it’s impossible. there areaccounts that ONLY make these arguments as soon as they see that their topic on the forum is no longer considered. I’m sorry, but it’s true that there is an insistence, whether you want to admit it or not, or whether it’s for a good intention or not :man_shrugging:. I for one find it unfair that this insistence could be the reason why this skin should not return.

This is spam. There are multiple ‘bring back the pink skin’ posts. It’s tiring to see this posted over and over again.

4 Likes

as I have already said

there has been no frivolity, those requesting the skin are quite serious

there has absolutely been no insistence whatsoever, only requests

there were multiple uses of attacking words/terms in the original statement that should not have been there if a serious discussion was intended, as one might think based on the length of the post. there are more of them in the followup post quoted above, and again, these attacks on others should cease

not at all

none of the Pink Mercy threads I am aware of - and I participate in most if not all of them - have constituted spam

ever

the repetition of a topic alone is not enough to meet the forum definition of spam

Please stop

2 Likes

There’s no need to stop discussing Pink Mercy

It is a legitimate ow-related topic on a forum explicitly set up for discussion of ow-related topics

If one doesn’t find this (or any) topic to be to their liking, one can choose to simply not read such threads, as opposed to coming in to try to stop discussion

Why are people so obsessed over a meh skin is it just the FOMO turning peoples brains to mush?

4 Likes

While some folks do not find skins to be important, others assign great importance to them

While some folks do not feel the skin is all that great, some others feel is is a wonderful skin. Some have even stated that it is their favorite of all skins, not just among Mercy skins

One should understand that different people value and evaluate things differently, and as such, just because player x does not see value in item y does not mean others feel the same

also: the “mush for brains” part is an unnecessary and baseless attack on other forum members, and such attacks are against the spirit and rules of this forum; and as such they should cease

“attacks”? who, the people who insist on the return of a specific character skin while hiding hypocrisy about charity?

At this point I’ll ask you a very simple question: charity is back BUT… it’s not mercy pink. no way, just another character with the same researchùbut that Mercy Pink is not coming back. What do you say, are there problems or… “but Mercy is Mercy because it is Mercy”? :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

oh, ooook, happy monthly “non-insistence” on mercy pink, so. :saluting_face:

1 Like

Yep, someone from Blizzard says “We don’t see Pink Mercy coming back, we’re too busy working on other things at the moment” so they go and ask someone else, BCRF.

It’s like when a kid asks their mum for candy and she says ‘no’ so then they go and ask dad hoping for a different response.

What I’d be fine with is if Blizz and BCRF sent out a joint email asking those who have purchased Pink Mercy because they have us on file, whether Pink Mercy or a brand new skin returns. Whether those want it as a special reminder for what they were part of in 2018 to remain locked away and have a brand new skin available for everyone to donate to, or be like fine, we’ll share the skin with everyone.

2 Likes

finally a sensible proposal on how certain logics should be managed.

THANK-YOU, whoever you are on the web. :pray:

1 Like