People who didn't get OWL Sprays, gather here

Hello, yesterday I watched OWL grand finals, very late, for way over 3 hours, and I got exactly nothing, not a single spray.

TL;DR at the bottom

Yes, my Twitch is connected to Blizzard account, I dropped BCRF sprays just fine.
No, I was not AFK watching, from time to time I even posted a comment on Twitch to be sure it does not count as being AFK.

It was not stated anywhere that the sprays will be obtainable only in certain countries, I am from Slovakia and apparently Slovakia is excluded. This is a huge deal for me, because I collect ALL items (except Top 500 items).

EDIT: Second day of Grand Finals, watched the whole thing completely, way over 3 hours, but I did not receive anything, same as yesterday.

I bought All Access Pass just for the items.
Bought the Mercy skin.
Watched Twitch for Mercy sprays.
Got all the skins for cheering.
Got all the event items, I had to spend 80€ on anniversary lootboxes to get all the dances.
Even played HoTS, to get Oni Genji and Police skin for D.Va, they were later added to base boxes, but still.

I knew about tokens being restricted by country, I get that, it is currency, there might be some legal stuff I do not understand, but sprays are just sprays.
Yesterday, just to be sure I tried to change the country of my Blizzard account to Germany, to make sure I get the tokens, but for that I need a proof of residency and of course I do not own a German ID card.

So I contacted support, asked about country restrictions for this event, and I game master referred me to a 6 page document with rules for this event, not a single line about country restrictions, so I thought it is all fine. Apparently it is not.

SO PLEASE, EVERYONE WHO DID NOT GET THEIR SPRAYS AFTER WATCHING THE STREAM, POST IN THIS TOPIC AND STATE THE COUNTRY YOU ARE FROM, THANKS

TL;DR: I think that everyone who watched the stream long enough should get the sprays, no matter what country you are from. Most of us stayed up late and we deserve it as much as people from UK, or USA. I know that Blizzard can do something about it, just like they did with Oni Genji and Officer D.Va skins.

EDIT: According to BlizzardCS twitter this issue is “being looked into”.

Please, help me keep this thread alive, it is very important to me.

86 Likes

I agree with that, I’m not from anywhere else, but I still agree.

Though I didn’t get the second spray myself… thanks severe storm… :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Thank you for replying, sorry about your bad luck, it is a shame you cannot get the spray from watching VOD.

I’m from the USA, and I watched 2.5 hours of the Grand Finals (From start to the Q&A screen), but I earned nothing. My Twitch wasn’t directly connected to Battlenet (until today, it was only connected to my PlayStation account, and my PS account was linked to Battlenet), but that shouldn’t affect it because I was redeeming tokens before this. I have no notification, no sprays, and no tokens after today.

4 Likes

Did you check your sprays collection? When I received the Twitch notifications, I opened the game, but didn’t see them, only the 3rd and 4th but blocked. Then, I checked the rest of the sprays, and they are, mixed with the rest, in upper positions. Maybe you just don’t saw them.

Unfortunately I did, and I can clearly see that all 4 sprays are locked. :frowning_face:

1 Like

This is a big issue and a big let-down. Several of my friends who play on PC haven’t received theirs either. Everything on their end is connected and linked.
I hope that Blizzard acknowledges this issue… I honestly watched 2.5 hours just to be sure that I’d get the spray I wanted, the one with Hanzo, Zarya, Sombra, and McCree, and I’m really disappointed that myself and many other players haven’t received it and the second spray.
It’s not a platform issue, it’s a server issue, and we need it fixed… Otherwise it was kind of a waste of time and disappointment besides the OWL match…

11 Likes

Well, the fact that you did not get anything and you are from US gives me hope that there is some sort of a problem with Twitch/Blizz and the sprays are not in fact country restricted, if you managed to get them or at least one of them, can you let me know in this topic?

5 Likes

I’m irritated at the fact that apparently post-game (the all access pass stuff) counts, even if you can’t view it. I didn’t actually realise this and I quit out early.

Hopefully it accumulates across both days, and the second spray isn’t day-locked.

1 Like

Yes, I’ll definitely let you know if I get one. I know that no Dev is on at this time (bearing 3 AM) but I hope that tomorrow they see this thread or one that’s similar so they realize there’s an issue going around…

US, CA… watched the whole stream from start to end, only unlocked 1/2 of the sprays. Pretty bummed, I’ve been keeping up with OWL and unlocked all of the content thus far.

No idea what happened.

I posted to Blizzard CS and they said that they are getting multiple reports and are aware. Not sure if any adjustments can / will be made.

1 Like

I live in California as well.
I watched the entire livestream (albeit a bit late but still) and haven’t received any sort of tokens or sprays. I don’t know if its just because I was watching it on my ps4; since my brother got his rewards when he was watching it on his pc.
I’ve already tweeted to them asking about the issue and apparently I’m not the only one who has.
im so confused…??

3 Likes

I thought of many reasons why I might not have received ny rewards but looking back and hearing others, I still should have.

For one, my Twitch wasn’t completely connected to Battlenet–It was connected to my PS4 and that was connected to Battlenet. But when I watched an earlier livestream, I earned rewards anyway.

Secondly, I thought maybe because I’d gone from my phone to my PS4? But somebody stated they did the same on Xbox for the BCRF stream and they earned everything.

I thought it might be a console only issue (don’t they have to squeeze through Sony and Microsoft?) But my friends on PC have the same issues, but not the same ways I thought (linked accounts, switching devices).

Glad to hear that I am not the only one with this problem. Can you two Canadian guys hit me up in this topic if you receive your stuff? Thanks!

lol sorry i meant California! Sorry for the confusion!

1 Like

Woke up at 6 sth for the finals today. Watched the whole thing and didn’t get anything. I don’t know should I wake up at 4 tmr to try to earn the sprays.

Hope that Blizzard / Twitch can do something about it… pretty bummed out :frowning:

1 Like

I didn’t get any sprays or coins and I watched from match start until they weren’t live anymore. I’m from the USA. I was logged onto their overwatch league website.

4 Likes

I’m from Hungary, a country not eligible for OWL tokens. I watched the whole game with my account linked and got nothing. Have even left the stream on overnight and still nothing: no drops and all the sprays are still locked. During the pink Mercy event I got all drops while running the streams minimized in the background, which confirms that my Twitch account is set up and linked properly. If it’s not a bug, but a country restriction, then It’s pretty dang disappointing :confused:

1 Like

I got some tokens for it, I believe (like 20?) but I received no sprays–despite my twitch telling me drops were enabled, and then saying I got 10 drops and could claim them in game.

I load up Overwatch (just did now, too) and there’s still no new items or anything. I want Brig watching the game with Papa Torb! D:

2 Likes