Blizzard & Twitch, Thank You Both for Fixing the OWL Grand Finals Sprays Drop Issue

Dear Blizzard and Twitch Customer Service Support Teams, I would like to thank you all for the work which you have put in, in resolving the Overwatch League Grand Finals Spray drops for all of us who did not receive them based on the megathread started by Paulie2510 who sought to assist everyone in receiving the drops (Thank you once again, Paulie2510).

Irrespective of the reason(s) for the initial debacle, it is now being resolved i.e. eligible viewers from all over the globe are receiving the sprays, including myself who is from Singapore.

I enjoyed the Grand Finals tremendously and will continue to watch both the OWL and Overwatch Contenders. The sprays were a very nice bonus and i am glad to receive them so that i can claim to be a part of the Inaugural Season of the OWL.

Keep up the great work and thank you once again.

11 Likes

Thank you for letting them get their sprays! As a collector myself, I certainly understand their passion and desire to collect them all. If I were to miss out them, I would’ve been in the same situation. Thank you for resolving this issue on timely yet sensitive matter! GG.

1 Like

I am still missing sprays from first day (got from 2nd day some hours ago). I watched it and I am confident it should be enough hours because it was from start to finish. Was it some browser or slow internet connection issue or what was it I dunno but I hope i can get first two sprays ( Match’s On! & Watchparty: Gibraltar). I really collect these and I would do anything I can to get them :frowning:

I hope it will be resolved for you too, maybe just some delay, keep us posted if anything happens.

Hungary here, Twitch says I’ve unlocked everything: https://twitter.com/BenyoBoy/status/1025277097923751936
I’m working right now so I can’t check if those are unlcoked ingame as well, but I’m pretty sure they are! Thanks so much for everyone who helped this great cause! As a collectory-type of person, it means a lot!

Twitch and Blizzard are now both being surprisingly slow with response since I said I am missing 2 out of 4. I really wish to believe they are looking into it and not ignoring.

unfortunately i left the stream on as i actually attended and well i guess that doesnt work. either way i mean i bought 2 day passes for 2 people, myself and another and i wouldve hoped to recieve ATLEAST those sprays, i mean as far as swag goes it was abysmal .

1 Like

Those who were there should definitely be qualified for sprays. Very badly organized for sure.

Still missing 2 sprays here :frowning:
Keep contacting and hoping for help.

2 Likes

** Highlighted the sentences for emphasis to carry across a point made, not to levy blame.

Yes, based on my experience with the Twitch Streams and the BCRF drops, Twitch appears to able to monitor if one is AFK from the PC. For the first day of the BCRF Twitch event, i watched the Streamer for about a couple of hours and then had to AFK because of work. I was “On” for over 2 hours and pretty much the entire duration when she was presenting on her BCRF stream, which iirc amounted to about 4+ hours. I only received the first Mercy spray drop. Of course, then i kinda realised that there is a coloured tag which would show that i was AFK. I also realised that this coloured AFK label would appear sometimes even i was present in front of my monitor.

I mentioned in another thread that i totally agree that for the fans who attended and supported the Grand Finals, they should have something to show for it and Blizzard kind of dropped the ball on that.

I mean, the sprays in and of themselves are very nice; but the true value of the sprays, imho, is to remind us that we were part of the inaugural OWL finals and of the league. And peeps like you, Zeeroh, spent the time, money and effort are probably more diehard in terms of being true OWL fans than the many spectators who just wanted the sprays and logged in then AFK from the Twitch stream.

Perhaps a separate petition thread for the attendees?

Hope you obtain them, OCG.

3 Likes