PachiMarchi Event Sprays

Hey everyone,

Today, we announced the upcoming PachiMarchi event releasing tomorrow, March 9th, 2021! We’re super excited for the event and can’t wait for you to jump in game and start earning rewards.

We want to call out that this event will not contain Twitch drops, unlike previous Challenge micro-events. With that said, you’ll still be able to unlock 6 community-created sprays just by launching Overwatch before the event ends. We still intend to showcase and support community Twitch content creators throughout the event on the Battle.net launcher!

For future events, we do intend to re-implement stream drops as a means for unlocking in-game content. We’re working with our partners at Twitch to upgrade to their new systems that allow for a better viewer experience for drops.

Keep an eye out for more announcements soon – We’re looking to further update our systems for unlocking in-game rewards for events this year!

45 Likes

Good to know - thanks!

4 Likes

What is this

This sounds so amazing! Pachimari are my favorite thing about the Overwatch universe :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Okay, but who gets the skin?

7 Likes

Will the experimental patch go live with the event?

4 Likes

So glad there aren’t any stream drops. I’m a grown man with an actual job and I never get those things.

13 Likes

the forums may not be a place for you then

1 Like

I don’t follow your logic.

8 Likes

We are not currently planning to push any of the experimental changes to the live environment tomorrow. The team is reviewing feedback and performance - Once the changes are finalized, we’ll look to get a balance patch out before to long.

19 Likes

So that was the 21Gb update. 21Gb of pachimari.

11 Likes

Forum explosion in 3…2…

9 Likes

16 Likes

Is the Competitive season 27 roll out still planned for tomorrow? If so should we expect it the same time the event starts?

2 Likes

no twitch drop meaning not having to run twitch in the back of anything for 8 hours , yes

3 Likes

A little surprised the experimental isn’t going live, as it appeared a bit innocuous. Guess they found something weird.

Interested in seeing what the new event is.

Contenders skins will drop in 3 days though

Yes! Competitive Season 27 is on track to begin as the patch rolls out (and event begins) tomorrow.

10 Likes

To clarify - Not stating that some of the Experimental changes recently tested won’t make their way live, just not tomorrow.

8 Likes

17 Likes