OW2 Playtests + POVs

Curious if swapping between day and night on certain maps will be a thing. It’d be a nice change every once in a while IMHO.

Dorado at day, looks hella weird though.

9 Likes

Mei feedback: she needs a passive which makes it so enemies hit by her deal less damage for a duration of time and a mobility tool like all other dps have; her rate of fire still seems clunky with the delay

Observations from these new videos:

1. New gun sounds are excellent.
  2. Like the lighting changes on Dorado and Havana.
  3. New support passive is useless. They die far too quickly for it to have any impact.
  4. Honestly, everything dies to quickly. Hopefully undoing that support nerf will help.
  5. Glad to see some of the classic OW play is still there, just muted. Looks like Push will be the new avoid mode for me. Too deathmatch like.
29 Likes

Please a question, will the maps rotate in time? Will they be randomly day, night and afternoon? , it would be something new :stuck_out_tongue: , i like new sound effects

7 Likes

Aren’t they supposed to change maps to have more natural covers ? (Refering to havana) Or it hasn’t been changed yet ?

yeah they were supposed to released them yesterday

But we got jebaited
Anyways, already seen all the “new footage”
My concerns are pretty much the same as before

Damage boost and nano boost still look ugly impo

However the new Lucio speedboost detail showing on ally’s feet is kinda nice.

1 Like

lol at Zenyatta getting hacked and instantly dying.

12 Likes

I still fail to see where is the “OW2” part in all this.

The maps looks exactly like OW1. They just did the same thing they did for CTF.

3 Likes

I hope they add a “select daytime” for every map so if I want to play with night maps I can just chill there and don’t hurt my eyes.
A darkmode menu feature would be also very needed specially for people like me with very delicate eyes and poor vision

I watched all the videos already.
Agree on everything you said.
Damage is extremely overtuned and supports feel useless.
Tanks still explode in seconds btw.

10 Likes

Only 2 CP get reworked, most of the hybrid map stayed the same.

New York looks nice, alongside enough entrance/flank routes despite it being super open.

1 Like

bruh he looks bigger to me lmao
And Reinhardt looks smaller
Maybe im just crazy at this point

1 Like

And genji instantly dying to discord + soldier
Or Dva demeching after 2 seconds / Monke and Rein exploding every teamfight after 2 seconds
Damage is extremely overtuned

11 Likes

Bastion looks really, really bad. He needs so much pocketing without self heal.

19 Likes

Andy, if you could shoot the dev team this small piece of feedback, it would be greatly appreciated.

Mercy’s blue beam is too thick. I talked about this with other Mercy players, and the general consensus is that it looks beautiful, but it obstructs your view. Something like a 15% reduction in size might be just right.

5 Likes

Yep I hope they rethink their rework for Bastion. I think they should give back his self heal.

4 Likes

Yep, and the new damage boost effect I hope it gets a redesign. It looks like a bunch of floating PNGs.

2 Likes

I’m glad Lúcio & Brig look pretty effective. It seems like most of the support viability problems revolve around Mercy specifically. Hopefully they can balance her without losing her appeal.

But yeah, rarely saw that support passive make a difference. Dps passive looked like a lot more fun than I expected.

1 Like

I hope supports gets some kind of meaningful positive change. I also hope that was not Brig’s final rework form.

13 Likes

I mean they’re current maps yes……was the 5v5 not noticeable? (Cause that would prob be seen as a good thing by the devs)

Everything seems to be subject to change, yet consistently TTK is drastically lowered in all footage of OW2 we’ve seen.

Strange, that. It’s almost like they’ve got this idea of DPS supremacy they’re doggedly and consistently pursuing.

22 Likes