[OW2] Make Mercy Wider + 1.5sec GA

Mercy changes are extremely noticeable in plat and lower elos, as a long time mercy main have zero reason to play her now over kiriko. Rez is broken in other direction, movement now doesn’t synergise - it’s honestly a terrible change.

Enough with this stats only balancing non sense.

How many more heroes are the devs going to ruin because they dont understand what theyre doing.

Or, you could reduce her HP so Mercy is forced to use her 1.5s cooldown and mistakes could be punished more heavily due to less tolerance (no more escaping situations that would leave you with <25 to 50 health presently, depending on numbers)

1 Like

175hp anything lower would dumpster her IMO.

And it’s something I’ve thought of too and wouldn’t be against trying.

1 Like

I’d be willing to try 150 w/ the new passive and healing.

Too much burst damage for her to keep to triage. That’s my fear is 150 would be too steep.

Why would anyone want a less than 200hp Mercy???

It’s just a thought if she keeps she 1.5 GA and new passive but nerf her hp instead.

So in a way it’s still nerfing her survivability.

Dont take those hitboxes videos too seriously.
Many times you go in game, pick hitscan vs projectile and see that those hitboxes are not really that accurate.

Also bad idea. Hit registration should be more consistent and if we start introducing hitbox changes because X ability got nerfed/buffed … OOF. Bad trend.

If she felt the same, I’m sure they’d take it over what we got.

1 Like

This is usually because even hitscan have hitboxes that are somewhat generous compared to the visual and the slightest graze of an enemy hitbox counts as a hit.

Mercy movement and healing was perfectly fine before. Rework her dmg boost and/or rez as every agrees these are the problematic aspects of her kit.

She’s not going to feel the same when she dies from a sneeze. Mercy isn’t a support that can sit way back like Ana, she’s pretty much in the thick of it half the time if the enemy makes any attempt to dive her/whoever she’s attached to. Having under 200hp would be awful.

She would keep the heal buffs but get a HP nerf in exchange for 1.5s GA.

See here for a rough idea of how I’d rework Mercy: Pls revert GA back to 1.5 seconds - #55 by Braxbro-11131

Tbh, I think those takes are kinda dumb.

The damage boost complaint is mostly just redirecting the aggro about oneshot heroes like Sojourn/Widow/Hanzo, and pointing it at Mercy. And nerfing Mercy’s damage boost any higher than 2.5%, would still allow for that Sojourn oneshot. So it’s pretty disingenuous.

And Rez, for how rarely it gets used per game is literally the only defence this game has against oneshots. And oneshots already have too little counterplay.

Aka, “Hard Nerf Sojourn/Widow/Hanzo, before we even begin to consider changing Damage Boost, and Rez”.

I actually think any non-ult damage boost will be problematic… possibly with the exception of fixed location deployables, like a mini Amp Matrix… and even the ultimate damage boosts should be closely re-examined due to their wonky effects on breakpoints, personally.

Hence why my personal mercy changes remove dboost and make it increase ult gain instead.

Sure, one-shots are a bigger problem, but damage boost will become the biggest problem (kind of already is, with Zen) once that problem is addressed.

It is a legit complaint. Certain dmg thresholds cannot be crossed because of the threat of dmg boost. Even someone like Pharah has to be left in a poor state because any buff she gets can make her oppressive when paired with mercy.

You can balance both though. One shots for heroes like hanzo/junkrat are ok imo because they require some risk. Hog was just rebalanaced. Widow one shot is still strong but the hp nerf makes her more counterable.

The way I see it, damage boosted sustained damage, is not really that much different than having a Baptiste and DPS both shooting the enemy. Instead of a Mercy boosting and a DPS shooting.

And there’s a heck of a lot more counterplay to sustained damage in this game, with tons of mobility cooldowns, defensive cooldowns, healing and peeling options.

Either way, let’s nerf the crap out of Widow/Sojourn/Hanzo first, then have that discussion later, when it’s more clear.

To be fair, it’s a lot easier to tell if two people are shooting at you than if one person is spraying at you w/ a damage boost, especially if the Mercy is behind cover.

That’s just a player gamesense issue at that point. Assuming the glowing blue beam effect wasn’t obvious enough.

Or if they press tab, and can see a Mercy on the enemy team, and be ready for that with their defensive/mobility cooldowns, and positioning.

A split-second to react is a heck of a lot more time than zero-seconds.