OW2 is just a more fun game

Here a link to the same site you used. I can’t post images rn.

Fair. Its still doing worse than ow1. Atleast we know the game is not gonna die I guess.

Well compared to it’s peak in OW1 sure it’s doing worse. But that has a huge part to do with more competition in the hero shooter genre. Back then apex and Valorant weren’t out yet. Even warzone wasn’t I think? OW main competitor back then was Fortnite. Even if blizzard made perfect decisions with OW1 It’s only natural that the numbers would go down as more options became available in the genre.

No.

The problem was OW1 was still liked til the last second and was deleted and replaced with another version that feels awful in a lot of OW1 vet’s hands with no option to go back.

Battlefield 2042 was mostly disliked but you still had the option to go play past BF games. We can’t do that. Blizzard shot themselves in the foot cause they didn’t want to compete with themselves.

2 Likes

Not only its peak, even during its worst period ow1 was doing miles ahead better than 2.

And more importantly, OW2 hasn’t necessarily peaked considering how much more will be added in time including PvE. Early access only launched with 3 new heroes, by the time OW2 is truly fully released it’ll have quite a few more

And yet OW2 is at its worst period and still doing very well in views

1 Like

OW2 is a joke, Out of map glitches, invisible characters, stuck loading into a competitve match that never loads, potg, and other audio bugs, removing characters for weeks… It’s as if someone just tried to copy, and paste ow1 into a different game, and didn’t bother fixing the things that broke while doing it.

The only thing ow2 has done better so far is less sheilds, and that’s not worth a new game.

2 Likes

Well, we don’t really know if it is its worst, we only know its the beginning. No amount of new heroes or maps is gonna improve It if they don’t fix its core problems first tho.

I would return to ow1 anyday, with or without double shields. Is all about opinions but sorry cannot take you seriously when you say “the devs succeed even before the game came out”, even when the devs were as they said and posted not so happy about how it was launched.

If the PvE comes out and is worth our time, not episodic and not so predatory as the battlepass I think I would never touch again the PvP.
As always I respect any opinion but yours is merely based on a meta temporary and the double shield composition. I heard that as a excuse multiple times and for that you just needed to update and patch the game to reduce it, rework orisa etc. That was something OW1 was tending to before the release of this… thing called ow2.

Lets not talk about server faliures, bugs at launch, predatory battlepass, skins that can cost as the original game. (I have content from ow1 that now would cost hundreds to the new players).
Lets not talk about the fast declining in viewership and interest of the game, that it flopped greatly after launch, the number of people complaining and the supports queue raising while the balance team take us for idiots.

Lets say that ow1 was a game that earnt our hearts when it was more casual, that the competitive scene added toxicity and that balance catered to an elite minority leaving everybody behind. Lets say that this game stripped all content and purpose of keep playing, feeling not rewarding but for the gameplay that… is not better for everyone.

Lets say that, even if i respect your opinion if you defend all above, battlepass, monetization taken to the extreme, bad balance, 5 VS 5 mode, support role even more miserable, tanks without a fellow tank to coordinate, maps that look good but is a flanker fest and a chaos and a mode of gameplay “push” that keeps you walking to the robot more than playing…

AND you defend or consider that better cause of no double shield…well … ok then, glad you enjoy. But with all respect there are a lot of people that disagree with you, are not so vocal about it, left and many of us that remain here just hoping it will be ever a good game again.

Is that hope we are trying to cling into which makes some of us still interested.

3 Likes

Yes, since I switch to dps role and judging by your Echo profile picture, of course, OW2 is fun and easy to play. You just shoot things and they die, and you get instant dopamine. But can’t say the same to support people that have to do three things at the same time (dps, heals, deal with flankers).

1 Like

Yes (the exact numbers look made up, but the gist of it is still there), but this happened in 2018. Role Queue got implemented in 2019.

Did you at any point during OW1’s cycle quit playing the game?
If you didn’t, like me, then you still enjoyed the game despite all the barriers and CC.

I powered through all of it’s ups and down because despite all the things that annoyed, it was still fun.

But I’ve reached the point where I’ve quit playing now since OW2 because it’s no longer fun for me.

It’s nice that you still play and enjoy it.
I just wish I could too.
Cause if you didn’t quit playing in OW1 and 5v5 never became a thing, we both could enjoy the game now.

2 Likes

As much as I really dislike OW2 PvP if I can play a cool PvE game where balance issues aren’t really a problem, BP won’t get in the way of the enjoyment and keeps me engaged for more than 10 mins then it could work.

PvP is just gonna make more people upset and leave.

Or shills.
Some people are all you say, and some are just paid to be something.

Edit: also the ratio between the known OW2 shill OP and your response says it all. Despite all the extreme noise they’re making, OW2 defenders are by far the minority here.

Arguably on Reddit and the like it’s a different story, but only for some time, since most of the newbies who came for the F2P game will drop like flies after a few weeks/months. This game’s longevity will be a farce compared to OW.

1 Like

Optimistic are we? :smiley:

Very, I love PvE games. Less toxic and more goofing off = more focus on fun and the gameplay benefits from it.

No no friend, I meant about your assumption that there would be an actual PvE mode without a BP. Or a PvE that’ll keep you engaged for more than 10 mins.

All I’m seeing is convincing me that we’ve been fed a whole lot of lies and that there will be no PvE at all, just a token one that’ll be the size of 4-5 events and will tire out after barely a few weeks.

Remember WC3 Reforged. All the promises and they pulled the rug under the buyers as soon as the preorders got to the target number.

2 Likes

Oh I wouldn’t thought it. I was just being optimistic for once lol

Yes, they will disappoint no doubt and it will tank the 2 in the title and please don’t bring up WC3 Reforged, I burred that disappointment in the back of my head some years ago.

No need to bring up more trauma!!!

Now now, you have no idea what I may or may not have been doing in the past six years and are simply blindly poking with ad hominem assumptions. For your information, I’ve been a part of this conversation long before you got this account its current name. And then some.

There was, indeed, a huge drop off in population. Not only do I not deny it, I’ve stated the very same thing above, in this thread. I do try to keep a basic scientific precept in mind that correlation does not necessarily imply causation.

My friends list mostly went inactive in Overwatch by the end of 2018. I, too, asked them why and most of them had similar things to say, that it is a pretty, well made game that was fun to play until it wasn’t. I prodded them further, if they could narrow it down to some precise reason, like certain heroes or comps, etc. For most of my friends it wasn’t any one thing in particular; they played OW, enjoyed it for a good while and then moved on.

I like the copium in the post, unfortunately, it’s terrible full stop. Until they undo the bs monetization no amount of new content will ever matter.