[OW2] If Supports had more firepower

So what you’re saying is that they can buff Supports to the extent that it would be even odds on which player wins the duel?

Didn’t queue times normalize a little on PC by the end of the second beta?

GF’s ideas all feel like “the sky is falling” solutions to a problem that might work itself out.

1 Like

Thankfully the devs won’t listen to any of his balance ideas because they would literally ruin the game and make dps players leave in droves. I bet he’d change his tune if he got into a game and every time he jump jets as pharah, he’d instantly get sniped by a mercy pocketed ana and spends the whole game in spawn.
Increasing the damage of support only makes them less like supports and more like dps then there wouldn’t even really be a need for a separate role.

2 Likes

He has 20 minutes on Bap and a support isn’t even in his top ten. He can theory craft about the game all he wants, but he also struggles with criticism and shoehorns in complaints about role queue to every single thread.

1 Like

blinks - um wasn’t part of his changes to have a lot of falloff so that wouldn’t happen?

I mean, if you are going to jump in and mock him for what is wrong, the least you can do is actually pick something he hasn’t already dealt with as a problem…

Lol, well that’s pretty hilarious.

This is the gospel truth.

Yes it was and when that doesn’t do enough then they’d remove the falloff.

Actually a few of his ideas have coincidentally made it into the game so try again lol. At least he promotes healthy discussion as opposed to whining like a baby about how “overwawch two is so bad ;~;” or the 50th Roadhog is op post of the month

In my experience his ideas are universally terrible.

I’ve only been here since February ish but he insists on balancing with a “balance doesn’t matter because role queue” base.

It’s a colossally bad philosophy.

1 Like

That is true, there’s a lot of that in the forums right now. But still, in this particular instance, bad take and bad balance suggestion.

Exactly. It has to feel fair.

It is a really important concept to understand. People hate Roadhog because he can feel unfair to fight against.

He is a “teamcheck” hero that requires coordination to deal with but is easy once you do. However, it is still an aspect of Overwatch that feels bad to play.

You seriously don’t want all supports feeling this way. Players want impact. Not to be faced with the wall of fighting against X hero and losing automatically regardless of skill.

2 Likes

Thats fair enough, but i think youre coming off a bit aggressive.

Its just refreshing to be able to engage with community ideas instead of whining.

No, that isn’t him.

Look his suggestion INCLUDES the falloff.

If you can’t find a problem with what he is suggesting, and have to make ones up, then, that isn’t implying you have an argument against his suggestions.

I may not be on board with them, but, I wouldn’t try to make stuff up and then attack that.

You can do better than this. Come on, pick a problem here, there is enough of them not to make up more :slight_smile:

I’ve only been here since February ish but he insists on balancing with a “balance doesn’t matter because role queue” base.

It’s a colossally bad philosophy.

Weirdly I kinda follow the same one. But, I’m more on the “the roles should feel fair, where the players are in bulk”.

Sorry, I’ve been told I have aggressive tendencies when talking when I don’t actually mean to be. I’m trying to watch what I say but I’m so invested in this game I sometimes react emotionally lol. Though that’s not excusable.

1 Like

Well that’s the thing, they can still buff Supports quite a bit, to get to “DPS and Supports have equal odds of winning a duel”.

But the other “Unfair” thing I don’t particularly care about is the idea that “DPS players would get upset if one role had more overall value than them”.

Which falls into my “Hey if it causes less people to quit than bad queue times. Then it doesn’t matter” bucket.

Lol they’re not making stuff up, they likely missed that part.

Or didn’t think about it when coming up with a sarcastic way to comment on the problem.

Supports would determine every game, be too strong, and he wouldn’t like getting bodied by supports as hard as he would if this idea went through.

1 Like

I was more referencing the history of, “There’s a problem so we should Buff it.” It’s always buff this or buff that.

1 Like

If one role egregiously outperforms the others to the point where “best supports win” players as a whole will leave the game in droves.

This will do more damage than bad queue times.

Ok, fair enough :slight_smile:

I’ll chill, I think everyone should :slight_smile:

I’m not a fan but for different reasons.

I think making the supports really strong could make diving them the only viable strategy, and if the support players want time to play the support game, then being dove all the time, wouldn’t help that any :wink:

This is why I think the problem is a hard one, and trying to buff the supports out of it, I’m not so keen on.

I feel you there.

Brigitte as an answer to Tracer (which is the same kinda approach) did not end well, and I’d like to avoid that.

On the other hand, we need them to queue, so, how are we going to do this?