[OW2] How should Widow be nerfed?

I don’t think she should be getting nerfed at all and if anything should be getting buffed and I’m saying this as someone who hasn’t played a single comp game as her since she lost her hp :eyes:

They honestly just need to tone down her fire rate, remove the venom mine, and remove her grapple, I really don’t think grapple jump shots should be a thing, if OW2 needs a long range character then fine, but I do think that said long range character should be vulnerable to being dove instead of just being able to grapple away and then headshot you.

1 Like

A man can dream right?

Which is why in an ideal world hitscans and projectiles would be equally valuable, but they’re not. Hitscans are just so much more consistent.

If you knew anything about Overwatch design history, you’d know that aside from DoubleSniper or SuperHog metas.

Pretty much all the metas basically became either full Dive, or putting as much defences between your team and the enemy snipers as possible.

They plan on removing a lot of that defense spam, and your grand idea is “Let snipers utterly dominate the game”

You can’t be serious. You gotta be trolling, right?

4 Likes

the main nerf to wm would be to make changes to the map design to be only close-range to mid-range combat. The issue with WM is maps that have long sight-lines where WM is protected by the fall off-damage.

If anything, the dev should consider making all weapon, do full damage if it is a headshot regardless of the range, and only have fall-off damage apply to body shots.

2 Likes

So you want this to turn into CoD. Got it.

3 Likes

Make her weapon charge time actually matter. Bump it up to 3s or whatever. Make her have to gauge and be careful about her shots.

Ofc they won’t touch her. Ow2 is gonna be sniper city.

I see that as a win. All FPS titles have had issues with balancing snipers (and shotguns), and it’s 10x better to have them undertuned than overtuned.

Nah. People will complain no matter who the top dps pick is. Hanzo? Ew no, Tracer, Genji??? No way. People already hate them

2 Likes

I’d rather deal with a good Genji or a Tracer than a good Widowmaker.

Whenever I get a good widow in QP matches I just leave, because I know there’s no chance I’m going to have any fun that game

Unlikely, considering that 150 was the original damage and that was reduced for Tracer, primarily.

Also unlikely, seeing as Widowmaker doesn’t have any defense, and neither does Ashe or Hanzo.

Tanks are still more mobile.

Defense Matrix, some Barrier health, Kinetic Grasp and more will still be there.

A 295 headshot isn’t going to kill any Tank.

They’re not going to do this.

Unlikely. But this would be a good start if they’re working on making gunplay better.

This is unlikely.

Currently this is already the case, and they’re not likely to reduce damage any further.

ALso unlikely.

Overwatch is not rock-paper-scissors.

This was never the case, but it should be. All heroes should have equal value returned, but this won’t be the case in OW2, either.

They have said they are tweaking acceleration, but they’re not sure it works well for Overwatch.

A two-body shot from Widow, is 2.8 seconds. That’s more than fair.

Folks, the best thing they could probably do would be largely indirect. Tweaking armor values such that they reduce damage by a percentage amount (15%) would be a good solution. Already, we have one Tank in Overwatch right now that is immune to critical hits for four seconds in addition to reducing all damage by 40%.

1 Like

Well for Hanzo I could see them maybe decreasing his projectile speed even further.

I find myself disappointed.

:fire::lips::fire:

1 Like

I hope they adress Hanzo before her as he basically has everything she has but no weaknesses which let him hard counter a lot of heroes

1 Like

Arrogance level 100. Jeez.

Perhaps you could gasp be wrong.

Doubt everything - including your own judgement. Otherwise, you are unfit and unworthy of any discussion.

1 Like

A damn smoke grenade would do wonders.

This is THE way to deal with Widowmaker: you will Massively BUFF Widowmaker, Blizzaaaaarrrd!

YOU ARE WELCOME!

1 Like

I’m hoping OW2 might have a lot tighter hitboxes, which combined with increased movement speed for dps should do a number on hitscan and Hanzo.

Furthermore, I reckon Widow is balanced as any hero can get right now, however I haven’t the foggiest why she has 300 damage on fully charged crits. Seems to me like a relic of no limit and unlocked role days when Widow, gosh forbid, might have been easily countered by replacing squishies with tanks.

And if Storm Arrows isn’t deleted by OW2 we’ll know something is off.

Have her ability to one shot tied to a telegraphed ability on a cooldown.

Have her “base” damage be on par with that of (but superior to) Ashes (I’d also restore her to not having fall off),

But then she can activate an ability- this ability has a visual and audio Telegraph, but for the duration of, allows her to one shot (susceptible) heroes with head shots.

Let me remind you that it takes every 50 miss shot to get a clean headshot for Widow and Hanzo.

But everyone is gonna ignore that fact and will whine as usual until those heroes become useless anyway.